View Poll Results: What TRON Themed E-Ticket For Tomorrowland Would You Like To See?

Voters
424. You may not vote on this poll
  • A TRON themed PeopleMover

117 27.59%
  • A TRON themed indoor/outdoor special effects high speed track ride

163 38.44%
  • A TRON 3-D simulator ride

27 6.37%
  • A Tron non-3-D simulator ride

16 3.77%
  • A TRON darkride using "trackless" technology

102 24.06%
  • A TRON outdoor coaster

8 1.89%
  • A TRON indoor coaster

76 17.92%
  • A TRON outdoor/indoor coaster

45 10.61%
  • A TRON Supersoaker coaster sponsored by Michelob Beer

21 4.95%
  • Other

30 7.08%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 51 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2641484950515253546176 ... LastLast

• Rrrrreecite!

Re: New TRON Themed E-Ticket For Tomorrowland

Motion simulator seat synced to the action on-screen
    D-BOX / Movie Theatre

• film975

Well, I'm also glad to hear that Disney didn't have too high expectations for TRON: Legacy's box office performance. But it is doing well so far. It has steadily stayed in the top 5 since its initial release. Most likely we won't hear anything about the TRON attraction until the D23 Expo later this year. I think that would be the perfect event to announce something like that.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by film975 View Post
    Well, I'm also glad to hear that Disney didn't have too high expectations for TRON: Legacy's box office performance. But it is doing well so far. It has steadily stayed in the top 5 since its initial release. Most likely we won't hear anything about the TRON attraction until the D23 Expo later this year. I think that would be the perfect event to announce something like that.
    As has been said already, we may be hearing about this much sooner then you think *cough* may *cough*
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

D-Box at Gardenwalk is pretty awesome. Go check it out by Thursday because after that TL is bumped for Green Hornet.

• time to go

post removed for reasons listed below
    Last edited by BlueSkyDriveBy; 01-12-2011 at 01:57 PM. Reason: unrealistic expectations and sheer stupidity

• time to go

Quote Originally Posted by Dlr55th View Post
    Domestic traffic should pick up this weekend for the film and should do reasonable box office for the remainder of Jan. I say by the end of Jan(my personal opinion) it will hit between 175-200mil.
    Seriously? Another $25 - $50 mil in 20 days? After losing most of its 3D screens to Green Hornet on Friday?

The film didn't even do $10 mil last weekend. TRON has only three more weekends this month, competing against GH on fewer movie screens. It's also getting less than $1 mil each weekday. It's simple math.

The film would need to take $10 mil each weekend (Fri-Sun) and $1 mil each weekday (Mon-Thur) between today and Jan 31, for it to reach $190 mil. And that's not likely to happen with fewer movie screens than it has right now.

Now internationally is a diff. story. I see by the end of Jan, it making another 100 mil. for international box office. that puts us right about about 415 mil. That I know is short of the 550 mil I said previously. But I am talking about during its entire theatrical run. Right now the plan is to have Tron leave theaters around the first week of March. If it can add up less than 100 mil. in a month and a half, it will do around my predictions.
    Do you honestly believe TRON can do numbers like that on fewer than 1,000 screens in February? Without the bump in premium 3D ticket pricing? No way.

The best TRON can hope for by March 1, is $200 mil. Internationally, it might do another $100 mil, bringing that total to around $250 mil. TRON will probably finish around $450 mil worldwide, give or take $15 mil. That's not even half of Alice's take last year. How can Disney not be disappointed with that?

I should have stated in my previous post instead of current predictions, I should have put MY current predictions. I know Disney's predictions but I cannot share them at this time.
    Disney's predictions are far less than yours. They know TRON will bottom out by the end of January. February for TRON will look like December for Megamind.
    "Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

• time to go

Quote Originally Posted by Dlr55th View Post
    The focus is on the Tron attraction right now.
    Earlier, I assumed that the TRON attraction had already been given its green light, based on what you previously wrote. Now, I'm not so sure, based on this:

It is gonna do more than break even. Its made over its budget already
    You do realize that Disney has yet to break even on TRON, right?

Just because the film has grossed about $300 mil so far, it isn't all for Disney. Just to break even on their production costs alone, the box needs to earn between 2x and 3x of those costs -- $340 mil and $510 mil, respectively -- depending upon whose formula you choose to accept. That doesn't even include the costs to market and promote the film.

and whomever said its marketing campaign was 100 million is about 35 million over what it actually was. Around 65 million. So given that, 170 million budget + 65 million in marketing= 235 million. Tron Legacy is currently at $ 292,105,244 and counting. It will do way more than just "break even" And really, you dont see it breaking 350 million. Thats only another 50 million. It will do that internationally by this time next week.
    Your math is way off.

Even if your marketing costs of $65 mil is accurate (which I doubt), TRON would still need a worldwide box of at least $405 mil for Disney to break even. Realistically, the actual figure is more likely closer to $500 mil, which has a very slim chance of happening.

I find it interesting that Um No is still posting in this thread, but didn't reply to my question in post #676 regarding the TRON attraction presentation this month:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSkyDriveBy View Post
    So... is the presentation still on for when the execs return from their Disney Dream inaugural launch?

Or is the tweet on DLdocumentary correct, and the execs have decided to wait until TRON hits home video later this year?
    Do you have any further info about the TRON attraction, Um No?

Is it still happening?

Or are the other non-MC rumors elsewhere correct, and it's been put on hold for now?

• time to go

Quote Originally Posted by Ummmmm, No View Post
    They certainly weren't expecting Avatar-like performance, but they were looking for something along the lines of Alice. They're not disappointed as it is performing solidly. Blu-Ray/DVD sales will have more of an impact on whether or not a sequel is made.
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    Well if that's true, we are talking about a billion dollars! In fact Alice made over $300 million just in America alone, more than Tron made worldwide so far.
    To recap...

Disney expected Alice numbers, which was over $1 billion worldwide. TRON would be lucky to get even half of that number at this point.

Disney is supposedly not disappointed with TRON's performance, according to Um No. That makes no sense whatsoever, if Disney was expecting Alice numbers. How can Disney not be disappointed?

Um No also claims that Disney is waiting to give the "TR3N" sequel the green light, depending on Blu-Ray/DVD sales later this year. That is definitely a far cry from what Dlr55th posted, regarding early production work supposedly going on right now.

I believe the TRON sequel is being scripted, and nothing else. Lots of films get scripted then vaulted by execs; it's how Hollywood does business. But that's hardly the same thing as getting ready for active production in the near future, which is what Dlr55th was implying.

I'm beginning to suspect that Dlr55th's information isn't very accurate, as others here have also suggested.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

I just want to know how you know what Disney was expecting.

• Banned User

To recap...

Disney expected Alice numbers, which was over $1 billion worldwide. TRON would be lucky to get even half of that number at this point.

Disney is supposedly not disappointed with TRON's performance, according to Um No. That makes no sense whatsoever, if Disney was expecting Alice numbers. How can Disney not be disappointed?

Um No also claims that Disney is waiting to give the "TR3N" sequel the green light, depending on Blu-Ray/DVD sales later this year. That is definitely a far cry from what Dlr55th posted, regarding early production work supposedly going on right now.

I believe the TRON sequel is being scripted, and nothing else. Lots of films get scripted then vaulted by execs; it's how Hollywood does business. But that's hardly the same thing as getting ready for active production in the near future, which is what Dlr55th was implying.

I'm beginning to suspect that Dlr55th's information isn't very accurate, as others here have also suggested.
    First off I said early pre production is starting. I never said exactly what was going on in regards to TR3N. What I was talking about was a script being drafted. As of right now, its looking good for a third Tron film.
    Secondly, I NEVER ONCE said Tron attraction had been given the green light. All I was saying is that Tron is the focus as of late. The Jan. meeting for the executives is still on.
    Thirdly, my math is not off. I have my own prediction for Tron and so does Disney. My numbers are far greater than what Disney expects the film to do. They still consider it a success as it is doing solid business. Just because it didnt break a million in the week day(which btw, neither did Little Fockers or Season of the Witch, the only film to break 1 million in a week day this week was True Grit and it barley did.) does not mean its not doing solid business. I am still sticking by my numbers and expecting Tron to pull in 500-550 million by the time it leaves cinemas.

On another note, I dont care if you dont think my postings are accurate. My postings have proved to be accurate. Whether or not you believe them is up to you. So dont tell me my math is wrong or that imply I have no clue what I am talking about. I do know what I am talking about. Choose whether or not to believe me. I really dont care at this point.

• Closed Account

To recap...

First off, relax a little. Dlr55th isn't far off. Information changes at a breakneck rate.

Secondly, TRON 3 is in pre-production. Now the trick about pre-production is that it can last for years. Pre-production also means a script is being developed, etc.

Disney is happy because TRON is performing solidly. They wanted Alice numbers, but they're happy with what they got - it will recoup and then some. Any studio would be happy with that. TRON is performing very well internationally, which will take it far.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    As for a sequel, that would be nice, but the movie wrapped up so well, it isnt needed story wise. So it was a smart move not to leave this film open ended in case it was the last one.
    The movie actually did leave itself open for a sequel.

I'm sure that TRON merchandise is also doing very well which is sometimes the driving force in a movie. A tron attraction that would raise attendance numbers and spending patterns with solid merchandise could very well be the key to the success of a franchise.

A TRON themed People Mover would be awesome!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCesar View Post
    A TRON themed People Mover would be awesome!
    From what the insiders are saying, it will not have anything to do with the PM tracks
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th