Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• White and Nerdy

Iger calls you in his office and gives you the task of ...

... shutting down 1 of the lands in Disneyland, then replacing it with a new, more exciting land.

Despite your initial protests, Iger wants you to be the person in charge of this project. Quitting is not an option. You have to fulfill the order as outlined. In other words, no wimping out.

So, what do you shut down, and what do you put in it's place. Let's say for the sake of argument, that in shutting down one of the lands, you can keep one attraction in that land as long as it's rethemed for the new 'land' you put into it. Make sense?

Ok... Go!!

I take out Frontierland, replace it with Pixarland, keep Big Thunder Mountain, but turn it into Woody's Mine Rescue.

Something like that.

• oh bugger

Re: Iger calls you in his office and gives you the task of ...

I'm gonna toss out Toontown, it's not a "land" but it is a seperate area of the park. I'd keep Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin and not sure what I'd replace the rest of the area with, but at least I'd be able to enjoy it, and anyone over 12 without kids would like it too.

• My Children's Father

Sounds like an episode of "The Disney Apprentice"

Toontown goes, keep Roger Rabbit. Replace the rest of the land with a parking lot (the use of which would be a reward for better performance,'Employee of the Day' sort of thing) for on-stage CMs.
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• insufferable know-it-all

No contest, Toontown.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• I'm your huckleberry.

Another vote for Toontown.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Toontown for sure. Then tear out the Big Thunder ranch area and gut the Hunchback area. Tie the whole thing back into Frontierland, add a "broken mine shaft" E-ticket ride (ala Tower of Terror)and make sure to put back in an area for special events.
    Poor old Frontierland has always been too small anyways!
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

I agree with everyone else - Toontown is gone! Keep Roger Rabbit. Maybe we can put in Mythology Land, or Narnia - turn the Toontown gates into a giant wardrobe.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Toontown would have to go.

• Banned User

Yeah toontown would get the boot. Instead of another land to replace it I would just make an extension of Fantasyland. The back of the area will be transformed into a beach area where a half scale replica of Price Eric's Castle will sit and be the entrance to the Little mermaid Walk through would be. This walk through would be a mix of the Sleeping Beauty's walkthrough and the Sorcerers Workshop in the Animation Building. There would be a small play area themed to the "Under the sea" section of the film. It would be very kid friendly as to keep drawing families to the area. The other major attrition would be placed in the area right of the entrance/behind small world. Here would be a Hercules Coaster much like the Gadget coaster. the story would follow Hercules quest to become a hero on the wings of Pegasus. The overall theming of the area would have to be light so that it would be able to blend. Lots of trees and foliage around the Coaster that lighten as you move toward the shore. In between could be shops and restaurants.

After I typed this all out I decided that I didn't like it that much but I'm posting it anyway.

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Sorry man, your'e just gonna get the same answer every time, but if Splash Mountain ever changes to a hundred acre wood pooh theme, then and only then, I would choose Critter Country.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• UH..LIKE DUH..

Tomorrowland and replace it with Sci Fi city.

• now on the mainland

I must vote yea for the demolition of Toontown. Not sure what I would replace it with, but I say to come with something creative not based on any prior or upcoming films.

Why would you start a thread like this? You know that practically everyone is going to destroy ToonTown. For some reason, everyone just hates the place, which I can only come to one conclusion, which I'm reluctant to say because I might get yelled att, but hey, I don't care. Saying how that ToonTown is generally a KIDS land; heck most the attractions in the land are for kids, the Treehouse, Meet Mickey/Minnie, Goofy's House, Donald's Boat, even the roller coaster is for the little youngsters, even though I occasionally go on it every now and then a little 2 second thrill. But I can only figure out that most adults haven't figured out that they're not kids anymore and so they suppose since they can't technically ride any of the attractions in the land (save for two), they don't like it. I'm sorry you're not ten years old anymore, but it happens.

It's funny how not once on these boards have I ever heard anyone complain so much about A Bug's Land. I've never heard anyone complain about Fantasyland. For some reason, people complain about the Pooh ride, when the ride itself is almost done in the same way as any other Fantasyland attraction, same lighting effects, same color designs, same type of props. I mean, it just doesn't make any sense when Pooh is the same quality as Snow White, Pinocchio, even Alice, yet Pooh gets treated like crap.

All I'm saying is that just because there's some stuff that we adults can't do in the parks, doesn't mean it's stupid or lame, or in ToonTown's case, should be destroyed.
    Last edited by DLResident; 11-18-2005 at 02:59 PM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Toontown is just to easy a call. Roger Rabbit is OK... but there's really nothing of any real interest in the rest of the place. Looking back, Toontown was our first taste of DCA-think.

But... in the spirit of making this a tougher decision I'll choose Critter Country. I'd keep Splash, of course. Pooh would go away and be replaced with a new Country Bears show or something based on the old True Life Adventures film series. If there is room backstage for a large show building, this would be a good entrance point for a large E-ticket in the same mold as Indy, POTC and HM. The lower level of the Country Bear Restaurant would serve casual food and would double as a landing for a revived Keel Boats or other boat-based attraction on the River. The upper level would be fine dining. (In the evening, that terrace at the back is simply stunning.)
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Master of Disaster

Can I vote for DCA-land?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast