Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Metal Head loves Disney

Re: Idea for a possible Tomorrowland restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
    They used touch screen ordering at Taste Pilot' Grill in DCA and I remember how the average person would walk up to them and go huh? Maybe now with iPhones and Droids with touch screens people will get it but I remember that a CM had to stand out in the lines and help the people do the ordering. So not to contridict my last post, they can use the touch screens, but I have a funny feeling if this was to come to reality they would still need a full staff of CMs to help the (cough cough) idiots order their food.
    Guess that's why U-Winks never took off, well either that or the high prices.
    Most recent Disney trip - 06/25/11

Marketing Manger of InCinderated Enterprises
    Last Man Standing in the M&F Parking Lot of the RCMC

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    I'd like the add that the basket idea reminds me very much of the room in the queue of Star Tours with the robots and that weird music. haha I'll miss that ride.
    I was thinking that too!!

Quote Originally Posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
    They used touch screen ordering at Taste Pilot' Grill in DCA and I remember how the average person would walk up to them and go huh? Maybe now with iPhones and Droids with touch screens people will get it but I remember that a CM had to stand out in the lines and help the people do the ordering. So not to contridict my last post, they can use the touch screens, but I have a funny feeling if this was to come to reality they would still need a full staff of CMs to help the (cough cough) idiots order their food.
    Or they could have an instructional video that briefly explained how to order before the menu showed up.

• Minion of Chernabog

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    I'd like the add that the basket idea reminds me very much of the room in the queue of Star Tours with the robots and that weird music. haha I'll miss that ride.
    Jeez, you people seem skilled at finding my sources of inspiration. Yes, that was where I got the carrier mechanism (henceforth the Food-O-Matic 5000) idea from.

• formerly very helpful

As for the touch screen ordering, perhaps they can do it with the option of touch screen ordering, for those who want it. It wouldn't cost them much to have that - other than the innitial expense - and it would probably be faster than the line where you talk to a real person. A little bonus for those who want to help themselves. Kinda like the self-serve check out at the market.

• Metal Head loves Disney

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    As for the touch screen ordering, perhaps they can do it with the option of touch screen ordering, for those who want it. It wouldn't cost them much to have that - other than the innitial expense - and it would probably be faster than the line where you talk to a real person. A little bonus for those who want to help themselves. Kinda like the self-serve check out at the market.
    Except the market doesn't give you a discount. Isn't that kinda discriminating?
    Most recent Disney trip - 06/25/11

Marketing Manger of InCinderated Enterprises
    Last Man Standing in the M&F Parking Lot of the RCMC

• Minion of Chernabog

They would of course need CMs, if for nothing more than to clean up after the idiotic Guests who leave their food lying around on the tables instead of cleaning it up themselves. They could be asked how to use the touch screen tables.

• Ryan

It would be cool to have video screens in the floors and the ceiling so every 45 minutes they could blast off. First, you walk in with normal floors. Than the lady says blast off and the ceiling crumbles to reveal the sky. Then the floors show disneyland getting smaller and smaller, to feel like your going up. The chairs would be vibrating and then the floors, ceiling and "windows" would show outer space. Every once in a while, you'd see Wall-e or Buzz fling around. Maybe wall-e and eve could come and tap on the window or something. Then a lady would say, "Coming back to tommarowland arriving at the tommorowland port. All is clear for landing." Then it would show you landing in tommarowland with people looking up and running and screaming in the screens in the floors. You'd feel a big rumble and the floors would turn normal. The windows would then show tommarowland. What do you think?

• Minion of Chernabog

Quote Originally Posted by YoungImagineer View Post
    It would be cool to have video screens in the floors and the ceiling so every 45 minutes they could blast off. First, you walk in with normal floors. Than the lady says blast off and the ceiling crumbles to reveal the sky. Then the floors show disneyland getting smaller and smaller, to feel like your going up. The chairs would be vibrating and then the floors, ceiling and "windows" would show outer space. Every once in a while, you'd see Wall-e or Buzz fling around. Maybe wall-e and eve could come and tap on the window or something. Then a lady would say, "Coming back to tommarowland arriving at the tommorowland port. All is clear for landing." Then it would show you landing in tommarowland with people looking up and running and screaming in the screens in the floors. You'd feel a big rumble and the floors would turn normal. The windows would then show tommarowland. What do you think?
    Nice other than the WALL-E and Buzz part. This restaurant has its own story, not the story of a Disney movie. I may get to work on a model. Anyone with artistic skills want to help me with my Tomorrowland revamp plans? I need some concept art.

•   
    • Minion

I think it's a great idea and you could place it somewhere elevated in the land.

• formerly very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by rage View Post
    Except the market doesn't give you a discount. Isn't that kinda discriminating?
    I don't understand how that's discriminating. You aren't forced to use the self serve. You aren't penalized if you do or don't. You aren't charged more. However, the line does tend to go faster at my market.

• Minion of Chernabog

Disney should really have people monitoring these sites. Half the ideas we come up with are brilliant. Lol.

• Minion

I'm sure they do, and of course anything posted on this site will never be built, because they would be afraid that someone would sue them for stealing the idea.

• Minion of Chernabog

OK, Disney, if you're reading this, feel free to take my idea. I really don't care if I get credit, because I care more about Disneyland than the Disney high command likely does, and I want to see it better even if I get nothing in return.

• Minion of Chernabog

It could even give a view of space mountain maybe.

• Ryan

Lightbulb Re: Idea for a possible Tomorrowland restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit King View Post
    Nice other than the WALL-E and Buzz part. This restaurant has its own story, not the story of a Disney movie. I may get to work on a model. Anyone with artistic skills want to help me with my Tomorrowland revamp plans? I need some concept art.
    I said the wall-e and buzz thing because it would feel magical to the kids, and it would put a a smile on their faces. But it's still good without that part. I just picture little kids saying, " buzz!" as he flys by. Just so all the family members could have a fun immersive experience. But, other than that, thank you for the compliment.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast