Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    • Forgotten Spirit
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    1,067

    Hollywood Pictures Backlot expansion question

    How much of this is actually valid?
    --------------------------------

    **From Wikipedia**

    Expansion

    Hollywood Pictures Backlot will be renamed to Hollywood Land and will represent the Golden Age of Hollywood that was present in the 1930s. The land will house several ticketed events in the future. The "Walt Disney Plaza Red Car Trolleys" (similar to the ones featured in Who Framed Roger Rabbit), will take guests from the new area, Buena Vista Street (2012), to Hollywood Land. Disney film directors, writers and animators will occasionally be in the area to inform guests about their careers.
    The popular ride, Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, may get some updates in late 2010. The building that formerly held the Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Play It! attraction was to have served as a temporary entrance, while the real one will be renovated, but was moved next to Soarin' Over California.

  2. #2

    • Autobot Weapon Specialist
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Santa Ana, CA
    Posts
    6,230

    Re: Hollywood Pictures Backlot expansion question

    Not much. The only confirmed items from that is that HPB will be rethemed to Hollywood Land and the Red Car Trolley. The entrance being moved from HPB to CF was changed. They are going leave the entrance up in it's normal spot during construction, and do BVS in halfs.


  3. #3

    • Forgotten Spirit
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    1,067

    Re: Hollywood Pictures Backlot expansion question

    Quote Originally Posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
    Not much. The only confirmed items from that is that HPB will be rethemed to Hollywood Land and the Red Car Trolley. The entrance being moved from HPB to CF was changed. They are going leave the entrance up in it's normal spot during construction, and do BVS in halfs.
    Oh :c...
    so no 1930's retheming? That would suck, HPB is the weakest part of the park in my opinion, it needs to have real immersive theming..not some backlot thing.

  4. #4

    • Established 2005
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    833

    Re: Hollywood Pictures Backlot expansion question

    Quote Originally Posted by MrHatboxGhost View Post
    Oh :c...
    so no 1930's retheming? That would suck, HPB is the weakest part of the park in my opinion, it needs to have real immersive theming..not some backlot thing.

    To me, HollywoodLand implies the 30s themeing, so maybe it will happen. Otherwise, it would be Hollywood Land. Make sense?

  5. #5

    • Forgotten Spirit
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    1,067

    Re: Hollywood Pictures Backlot expansion question

    Quote Originally Posted by ErikInTheCity View Post
    To me, HollywoodLand implies the 30s themeing, so maybe it will happen. Otherwise, it would be Hollywood Land. Make sense?
    It does, I was hoping for the ugly painting to be removed, the Hyperion getting a real facade, some sort of Sunset BLVD thing for ToT, outing all the awful themeing in that area.

  6. #6

    • Johnny and Me!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    23 miles from Disneyland
    Posts
    3,411

    Re: Hollywood Pictures Backlot expansion question

    Quote Originally Posted by MrHatboxGhost View Post
    It does, I was hoping for the ugly painting to be removed, the Hyperion getting a real facade, some sort of Sunset BLVD thing for ToT, outing all the awful themeing in that area.
    All of that is likely to happen in Phase II.

  7. #7

    • Minion of Chernabog
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    the Underworld
    Posts
    569

    Re: Hollywood Pictures Backlot expansion question

    It sounds like that is the plan, at least that's what the concept art looked like at the Blue Sky Cellar place. Most likely they'll mess it up.

    And would it really be a shame if they told the HTH people to be scary? I love it when they say things like "feel free to drop in again" or "questions? comments? concerns? last requests? it's too late now...." even if it cheesy.

  8. #8

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Salt Lake
    Posts
    1,957

    Re: Hollywood Pictures Backlot expansion question

    Quote Originally Posted by dfan07 View Post
    All of that is likely to happen in Phase II.
    just my thought exactly! especially with red car trolly it won't fit otherwise

Similar Threads

  1. [Pictures] Hollywood Pictures Backlot at Disney's California Adventure - Pictures
    By geomorph in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-31-2009, 04:49 PM
  2. In Hollywood Pictures Backlot....
    By Luke Manning in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-15-2007, 01:28 PM
  3. What was going on in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot?
    By RobotMirror in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 04-08-2007, 06:08 PM
  4. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-19-2007, 12:40 PM
  5. Hollywood Pictures Backlot - Problems on Hollywood Blvd.
    By Darkbeer in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-21-2006, 01:49 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •