Do few showers cancel out fireworks and WOC ?

I`ve never been to the park in the rain.This weekend calls for few showers and showers.Does few showers count as a rainout and no fireworks , fantasmic, or WOC? I can understand wind can be a problem but what about drizzle? If they do cancel , how much notice do they give?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Re: Do few showers cancel out fireworks and WOC ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryp49 View Post
    I`ve never been to the park in the rain.This weekend calls for few showers and showers.Does few showers count as a rainout and no fireworks , fantasmic, or WOC? I can understand wind can be a problem but what about drizzle? If they do cancel , how much notice do they give?
    My understanding is that light rain would not cancel the fireworks or WOC. Not sure about the umbrella situation with World of Color, which could be a bummer for people in back. Fantasmic could have issues with rain as I'm sure they don't want the characters getting soaked if it's pouring, and not much of an audience is going to camp out for long in a steady downpour. I think if they are going to cancel, they usually try to wait until the last minute in case the weather breaks right before the event.

Thanks, Mac Daddy, I didn`t think about the umbrellas at WOC. That would be a bummer.

•   

I know with the fireworks, its not the rain that causes them to be canceled its the Winds

• Mischievous Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryp49 View Post
    Thanks, Mac Daddy, I didn`t think about the umbrellas at WOC. That would be a bummer.
    Not if the umbrellas were like Mary Poppins umbrellas - then you would get a great overhead view of the show!!

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

I've visited DL on days where it has rained off and on all day, and it stopped raining a couple hours before showtime, and the fireworks show went on as scheduled.

However, it's a different story for shows where entertainers/performers are involved, such as parades and Fantasmic. As the stage areas for the show could still be wet at showtime. Calls for cancelling those shows are made ahead of time, since they have to inform the performers whether the show will go on or not. And they can still cancel the show anytime up until the show starts, and even stop in mid show, if weather creates dangerous situations for the performers.

• Dream in wonderful color!

I was there a few weeks ago and there was light, steady rain throughout the night. World of Color and the Fireworks went off like they normally do with no problems at all.

To my surprise, they even performed Fantasmic that night. Very light crowds, but the show performed with very few changes. For example - the characters aboard the Columbia didn't perform any stunts, they just acted out the scene without moving around the ship like they usually do.

It was strange to see the show with such a small crowd, but it was fun.. the performers did an amazing job of keeping the show going even though i'm sure they got really wet!
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by simaand View Post
    I know with the fireworks, its not the rain that causes them to be canceled its the Winds
    Exactly what I was going to say. The fireworks are in plastic casings, which means that they can launch wether or not there is rain. the winds, though, are a very big issue.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Banned User

yes with fireworks its all about wind speed and wind direction it can be the biggest rainpour in southern califorina history but as long as the winds are what disney wants you will see a firework show fantasmic on the other hand might and usually does get cancelled due to performers safety and the rain usually ruins the mist screens, I hope this info was useful and I hope you get to see these awesome shows