Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

• "I Break Things"

Re: critter country to close untill March

I feel bad for the CM's, as this will be a loss of hours for a lot of people. Disney goes by seniority so the new kids are the ones who will feel it most (not shocking happens every "off season" but still sad).

I also feel bad for Guests who aren't paying any sort of discount and are expecting the full Disney experience. I've argued it before but with so much construction going on they really should discount the off season tickets for those out of towners.

As to Pooh... there are a myriad of things they can do to improve the ride experience. If WDI told a concise story from beginning to end that would be a good start. However I haven't heard even a mention of any additions on Pooh.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

duplicate post
    Last edited by lighttragic; 01-24-2011 at 08:23 PM.

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
    I don't understand why this thread is labeled with a "". Splash Mountain and the Hungry Bear are already closed... are you that heart-broken about Winnie the Pooh and Pooh's Corner?
    I'm not saying there won't be people who will be bummed about them being closed, but I think this is a good opportunity for them to spruce the place up a bit. Give it some TLC.
    I submitted the thread then couldnt modify it, so the angry face stood, I emailed a mod to remove it , so hopefully you wont see it soon.

I am fairly indifferent on the issue, I hope they relocate Pooh character greetings , and I would of preferred a rolling rehab , but if they a truly going to give this area some TLC such as repaving and painting this is the way to do it ... lets hope they do it right and take advantage of the time they have

They always have the candy shop down there. That place seem to always be crowded.

• Disneyland History Lover

I say they just keep it closed for the rest of the year, bring back the Country Bears (or at least replace Pooh with something worthwhile), redo the Hungry Bear's kitchen the way Tomorrowland Terrace and Village Haus were redone, and bring back a Splash Mountain that provides a better experience than ever.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Kinda makes it hard for those who usually say Disney is neglecting the resort to speak up. All this progress makes me very happy. The large projects over the last 5-6 years have been extensive. Everywhere but Frontierland has seen some sort of work.

• Circle of Ancients

It totally makes sense especially if Pooh and the Canoes were going to be down later this spring anyway. I do feel bad for the CM's that will be missing hours, but it's better to get it out of the way now.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    And THIS is why it's hard to get long-duration refurbishments planned and tackled. Very vocal minorities step in to complain that their precious attractions are closed for three months out of their prepaid year.

One solutiion.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    And THIS is why it's hard to get long-duration refurbishments planned and tackled. Very vocal minorities step in to complain that their precious attractions are closed for three months out of their prepaid year.

One solutiion.
    I think if you look at the posts. the majority of people in thread are in favor of it... they just had clarical questions like what happens to the cast members, will the meet and greet be relocated. will it be a full rehab making sure critter country get some TLC... All reasonable questions.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by lighttragic View Post
    I think if you look at the posts. the majority of people in thread are in favor of it... they just had clarical questions like what happens to the cast members, will the meet and greet be relocated. will it be a full rehab making sure critter country get some TLC... All reasonable questions.
    Why that makes sense.. can't be having that when an unnecessary and off topic argument about the AP program is to be had!!!

*grumble* Now where am I supposed to get a Tigger Tail?

Although I guess it makes sense. I hope they get some good work done

• Banned User

Wait, did someone mentioned Pooh was closed for 6 weeks:

YouTube - OMG WHO THE HELL CARES!

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Didn't know it was called Splash Mountain land, I mean I see why but I mean it would be like closing down Frontierland cause Big Thunder Mountain or Toontown if Roger Rabbit closes.
    I would be ok with this IF they were at least adding some stuff to the land or repainting or SOMETHING.
    That is hardly the case.... Splash makes up most of the land, its true, but the pathway to whats left open is so narrow that people are missing it and without Splash or the Hungry Bear, there is only a few little shops up through the narrow section anyway. Why staff those stores if they don't make any money?

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    That is hardly the case.... Splash makes up most of the land, its true, but the pathway to whats left open is so narrow that people are missing it and without Splash or the Hungry Bear, there is only a few little shops up through the narrow section anyway. Why staff those stores if they don't make any money?
    Pretty sure the pooh merchandise shop and accompanying candy store makes a profit for disneyland...

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast