Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

re: Splash Mountain closed until almost June?!(Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by lnsemsf View Post
    Nothing wrong with this closure at all. Splash in Florida closes for 1-3 months every year in January. It's about time you guys step up to our level of maintenance!
    Hahahaha! You're funny! ^_^

Honestly, people...this is just a rumor for the moment. And if Splash does close down for a few months? Great! The attraction could really use a refurb! But it certainly wouldn't be good to have that and Matterhorn down at the same time...I guess we'll see.

• WoC Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    Hahahaha! You're funny! ^_^

Honestly, people...this is just a rumor for the moment. And if Splash does close down for a few months? Great! The attraction could really use a refurb! But it certainly wouldn't be good to have that and Matterhorn down at the same time...I guess we'll see.
    Not much of a "rumor". Its already showing on disneyland's calender.

W
    orld Of Color count -- 7 times

How come Indy hasn't had a lenghtly refurbed ever?

• Light up the HALO!

I don't understand why this attraction is always going down for rehab. It was just closed last may for a few weeks. There are other attractions that need it more. INDY
    As we say to the animals, that's the end of the lion.

RACE THROUGH THE UNIVERSE, CAREEN THROUGH THE STARS.

Space Mountain

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

^I can see how Splash would have some sort of issue requiring attention more urgant than Indy.

Quote Originally Posted by junglecskipper View Post
    I don't understand why this attraction is always going down for rehab. It was just closed last may for a few weeks. There are other attractions that need it more. INDY
    Aside from the mini-refurb, it's been 4 years since the last major refurb. It'll be worth it!

• Resident of the Caldera

Here is the list of refurbishments Disney sends to Travel Agents:

Disneyland Park
    Now – Nov. 17, 2010: Little Green Army Men Store Command will be closed for refurbishment.
    Now – Nov. 18, 2010: Jungle Cruise load and unload docks oiling.
    Now – Nov. 18, 2010: Toontown Popcorn Cart will be closed for refurbishment
    Now – Dec. 16, 2010: Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin will be closed for refurbishment.
    Now – Dec. 22, 2010: The Village Haus Restaurant will be closed for refurbishment.
    Now – mid-2011: Star Tours will be closed for refurbishment. When it re-opens, it will feature a new 3-D, immersive experience that will take Guests to familiar places in the Star Wars galaxy.
    Nov. 17, 2010: Chip ‘n Dale Treehouse will be closed for refurbishment
    Nov. 29 – Dec. 2, 2010: Mr. Toad’s Wild ride will be closed for refurbishment.
    Dec. 6-10, 2010: Mr. Toad’s Wild ride will be closed for refurbishment.
    Jan. 3-10, 2011: Big Thunder Ranch Petting Farm will be closed for holiday décor removal.
    Jan. 3-13, 2011: Haunted Mansion will be closed for holiday décor removal.
    Jan. 4-11, 2011: The Village Haus Restaurant will be closed for refurbishment.
    Jan. 6-14, 2011: Bengal Barbecue will be closed for refurbishment.
    Jan. 10-12, 2011: Mark Twain Riverboat will not be operational.
    Jan. 18 – Feb. 1, 2011: 20
    th Century Music Company will be closed for refurbishment.
    Jan. 18 – Feb. 4, 2011: Main Street U.S.A. repaving.
    Jan. 18 – Feb. 15, 2011: Horse-Drawn Streetcars will not be operational.
    Jan. 18 – March 4, 2011: Main Street U.S.A. Vehicles will not be operational.
    Jan. 18 – Mar. 8, 2011: Hungry Bear Restaurant will be closed for refurbishment.
    Jan. 18 – Jan. 27, 2011: it’s a small world will be closed for holiday décor removal.
    Jan. 18 – May 26, 2011: Splash Mountain will be closed for refurbishment.
    Jan. 26 – Apr. 7, 2011: The Star Trade will be closed for refurbishment.
    Jan. 31 – Feb. 2, 2011: King Arthur Carrousel will be closed for deck oiling.
    Jan. 31 – March 10, 2011: Main Street Photo Supply Co. will be closed for refurbishment.
    Disney California Adventure Park
    Now – Nov.18, 2010: One side of Jumpin’ Jellyfish will be closed for refurbishment.
    Now – Spring 2011: Corn Dog Castle and Souvenir 66 will be closed for refurbishment.
    Now – Spring 2011: The Burger Invasion restaurant has closed and will be replaced with Paradise Garden Grill.
    Now – Spring 2011: Golden Dreams has been closed and will be replaced with The Little Mermaid – Ariel's Undersea Adventure.
    Now – Spring 2011: Pizza Oom Mow Mow will be closed for conversion to Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta.
    Now – Spring 2011: Mullholland Madness will be closed for conversion to Goofy’s Sky School.
    Now – early 2012: The Main Entrance will be under refurbishment.
    Nov. 29 – Dec. 16, 2010: Redwood Creek Challenge Trail will be closed for refurbishment.
    Dec. 9, 2010: Muppet Vision 3D will be closed for refurbishment.
    Jan. 3-20, 2011: Grizzly River Run will be closed for refurbishment.
    Jan. 3 – Spring 2012: Sunshine Plaza Churro Cart & Popcorn Cart will be closed during Main Entrance area development.
    Jan. 18 – March 25, 2011: Guest Relations relocated to Ticket Booth #8.
    Jan. 18 – March 25, 2011: East Esplanade Guest Restrooms and Lockers will be closed.
    Jan. 18 – May 30, 2011: Lost and Found relocated to Guest Services Building.
    Jan. 24 – March 24, 2011: Playhouse Disney will be closed for rebranding and construction.
    Downtown Disney District
    Now – Nov. 18, 2010: Crews will be installing holiday décor near ESPN Zone and Compass Books and Gifts.
    Disneyland Hotel
    Now: Hook's Pointe restaurant and the Wine Cellar have closed as part of the hotel renovation. Steakhouse 55 and its lounge are the recommended alternates.
    Now: The video arcade, Croc's Bits 'n' Bites, The Lost Bar and the Jungle Cruise Remote Control Boats at the hotel is closed as part of the hotel renovation.
    Now – Spring 2011: Crews will be renovating the West portion of the Wonder Tower.
    Now – Summer 2012: The center of the
    Disneyland Hotel will begin renovation. A new water play area, pool and dining locations are scheduled to be completed by summer 2011, and a remodeled Never Land Pool is slated to be completed by summer 2012.
    Nov. 19, 2010: Crews will be installing holiday décor in the Entry Porte Cochere.
    Nov. 22, 2010: Crews will be installing holiday décor in the interior and exterior of the resort.
    Nov. 26, 2010: Crews will be installing holiday décor in the meeting and ballroom areas.
    Dec. 13, 2010 – Jan. 20, 2011: Goofy’s Kitchen dining room and buffet will be relocated to Magic Kingdom Ballroom 1&4 due to several projects taking place in the restaurant. Normal operating hours and offerings will be maintained.
    Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel
    Now – Summer 2011: Crews will begin working on a floor at a time for a soft goods rehab of all 481 rooms. Noise work will occur between 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., five days a week. Work will begin with the 4th floor.
    Nov. 25, 2010: Crews will be installing holiday décor in the lobby
    Nov. 26, 2010: Crews will be installing holiday décor in meeting room and Pacific Ballroom areas.
    Dec. 20 – 23, 2010: Crews will be installing carpet in the 2
    nd floor area causing noise Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. There is a possibility of night work due to the elevator landing and Concierge lounge.
    Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa
    Nov. 23, 2010: Crews will be installing interior and exterior holiday décor in the lobby area.
    Nov. 26, 2010: Crews will be installing holiday décor in meeting rooms, suites and the Sequoia Ballroom.

• herp derp

Splash Mountain? closed? Five months?

I'mokaywiththis.jpg

It's for the better. Nice to know a major attraction is getting TLC. Been a while. Good thing it'll be open again before Summer. Plus, Splash Mountain is one of those rides where I'm very reluctant to go on and when I do, I have to face the wrath of that sickening feeling I can't ignore when plummeting down that final dip, but at the same time if I don't go on, I get this guilty, uncomfortable, regrettable feeling, y,know? I won't have to worry about that when it's down.

Unfortunately, my family claims that 30% of DL's happiness comes from Splash Mountain, so they're gonna be ticked...
    YOU CANNOT GRASP THE TRUE FORM OF MY SIGNATURE!!

• Bebbers

Angry re: Splash Mountain closed until almost June?!(Merged)

Hope it's not true, what's up with all of the longgggg refurbs, especially while DCA is a mess? I saw on another site that there is rumor of splash getting a princess & the frog retheme, anyone else here this???

Quote Originally Posted by disneygoingauntie View Post
    Hope it's not true, what's up with all of the longgggg refurbs, especially while DCA is a mess? I saw on another site that there is rumor of splash getting a princess & the frog retheme, anyone else here this???
    That would make absolutely no sense! I completely doubt this will happen.
    I <3 Disneyland California
    &
    <3
    California Adventure

December 15, 1966 - Also known as the saddest day in world history.

• herp derp

No.

Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

What's wrong with long refurbs? That's good isn't it? If it means fixing up the ride and making it better, I think it's well worth the wait.
    YOU CANNOT GRASP THE TRUE FORM OF MY SIGNATURE!!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^What would they add? I would be nice for the refurb to add more things but I just see it as more maintenance which for 4 months seems bad for people wanting to go during the first of the year since the Matterhorn will also be closed.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

The Matterhorn will be closed Jan 1st?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

I am ok with the Matterhorn closing for refub.

Timekeeper
    Now the Tower of Sauron has fallen
    Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

• hi!

Quote Originally Posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
    You want a laughing place, try Winnie the Pooh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Victoria View Post
    More like a crying place!
    haha! or your hallucinogen-fix place!
    -plagued

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast