How about Segway Tours for DL or DCA?

Any reason why this popular backstage tour at EPCOT couldn't be successful at Disneyland or DCA?

Just wondering.

• Reaver of Souls

My personal opinion, there's nothing much worth seeing backstage at DLR... I've worked there, and most Backtage areas are dingy, messy and uappealing. And why not? Only the CMs will see it. Why care what THEY think?
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• 6 kids before I'm 30!!!!

yah honestly when we would drive around in the our lil white trucks ..theres nothing to really boast or showoff to guests. Its pretty much like looking at a industrial backyard..hahhaa.. nothing fancy pale buildings old buildings buch small carts ansd so on.. if youd work there it kinda kills the magic seeing behind the scenes.. but it was still cool working there it was jsut the management.. ..ok im drifting off to a different subject.
    We rock the party that rocks the party!
    We are truly a new generation of the Brady Bunch!

Actually, "backstage" was a poor choice of words. The EPCOT tour is not neccessarily "behind the scenes" but is out in the park itself. With DL being so much more compact than the WDW parks, I'd imagine that space is what's keeping this type of tour from making a so Cal appearance.

• Disney fans for life!

Those things are the last addition that we need among the strollers and the electric scooters that are already ramming folks in the park. Can you image, a train of segways cutting through the Main St traffic jamb after the fireworks???

WDW has the space. DL doesn't.

Cool idea though.

• Rat Tat Tat.

Quote Originally Posted by ganggreen4jc
    Actually, "backstage" was a poor choice of words. The EPCOT tour is not neccessarily "behind the scenes" but is out in the park itself. With DL being so much more compact than the WDW parks, I'd imagine that space is what's keeping this type of tour from making a so Cal appearance.
    Actually, having been on the tour, they still consider part of the tour "backstage" since World Showcase is not officially open when the tour goes through it. While I was there, they had pressure washers and service trucks still out in the open. However, I do agree that it would be a terrible idea to take a Segway tour through crowded Disneyland, but perhaps it could swing through DCA before it opens, since it never opens with Disneyland anyway.

• They wanna know, HO!

That's why it won't work, WS opens after FW, so it's easy to have a tour in WS, because nobody will be there. It would be impossible with DL and DCA.
    ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by testtrack321
    That's why it won't work, WS opens after FW, so it's easy to have a tour in WS, because nobody will be there. It would be impossible with DL and DCA.
    Well, DCA closes early. Could have a night-time tour. Who knows, maybe it looks better in complete darkness.

Why not let it be part of an early entry pass option? It can't be too crowded then could it?

• That's Hawt

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    Well, DCA closes early. Could have a night-time tour. Who knows, maybe it looks better in complete darkness.
    ROFLMAO!!!! Can anybody say Coyote Ugly???
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s