Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• This is it... COME ON!!

Talking What would you do if you had the choice of making (not ressurecting) the newest ride?

Well? What if you were chosen to make a new COMPETELY ORIGINAL ride? What would you base it on?

Here are the rules:
    • No ressurection! No taking old rides and bringing them back to life! Ideas for rides can be ressurected though, as long as most of the original idea is changed.
    • No bashing! You may, however, point out problems with others ideas being put into the park(s)!
    • If your idea is drowned out by other posts and forgotten, you may repost WITHOUT drowning others.
    • HAVE FUN!!!!
    Disneyland's closed for all of 2011. See you in 2012. Snow White is now a water ride, Matterhorn has a fullsize basketball court where the Clippers have relocated to, and King Arthur's Carousel is suspended 250ft. in the air.
    Enjoy it while it lasts! LOL!

Proud Premium Passholder

What happened to the old Disney movie opening? The new ones just too long and not classic.

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Re: What would you do if you had the choice of making (not ressurecting) the newest r

I came up with a ride similiar to Expedition Everest. It would take place in a valcano and themed to a research team studying the valcano. You have to stop when you reach a part of the track that is being melted and twisted by lava. You start to go backwards and there is a more roller coaster feel then Everest. You stop and when you look below you see "lava". When you look above you see the opening. The room "shakes" and "lava" shoots up from below causing you to go forward. It's just like a roller coaster the rest of the way. I haven't come up with a name yet though.

Re: What would you do if you had the choice of making (not ressurecting) the newest r

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEO,ATIS View Post
    I came up with a ride similiar to Expedition Everest. It would take place in a valcano and themed to a research team studying the valcano. You have to stop when you reach a part of the track that is being melted and twisted by lava. You start to go backwards and there is a more roller coaster feel then Everest. You stop and when you look below you see "lava". When you look above you see the opening. The room "shakes" and "lava" shoots up from below causing you to go forward. It's just like a roller coaster the rest of the way. I haven't come up with a name yet though.
    I read about that when you posted it somewhere else! Neat idea. How about Expedition Magma or Magma/Lava/Fire/Burn Mountain quite possibly we could consider a combination of the two!
    Disneyland's closed for all of 2011. See you in 2012. Snow White is now a water ride, Matterhorn has a fullsize basketball court where the Clippers have relocated to, and King Arthur's Carousel is suspended 250ft. in the air.

Proud Premium Passholder

What happened to the old Disney movie opening? The new ones just too long and not classic.

• Hooterville, USA

I'm making an attraction about Mary Poppins.

It will be a suspension ride where you will fly with her all over the city. It will be a dark ride and will be located in Fantasyland.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Quote Originally Posted by jjajju View Post
    I read about that when you posted it somewhere else! Neat idea. How about Expedition Magma or Magma/Lava/Fire/Burn Mountain quite possibly we could consider a combination of the two!
    Yeah. I thought that if WDW and WDS could have backwards(and semi-backwards) roller coasters, why can't DLR? Thanks for the ideas on names!

• ironically Otaku

in a T.A.R.D.I.S. traveling time and space and skipping all the boring parts, now with braces.

i consider this my pride and joy, when it comes to making Disney rides any way. its based on Oswald shorts and has several similarity with splash mountain, include a rich mixture of AA and thrills, as well as a iconic "drop" towards the end!
    The lucky adventures of Oswald the rabbit: well there are two shorts that I would base this on, trolley trouble and great guns. The opening screen would be going through Oswald’s home town seeing him with his wife and kids, and then Oswald tells you he wants you to see his new ride, he made it for the kids and wants to know what you think, the ride goes smooth in till you go off track into a war zone, much like pirates, shots will be fired across your car, loud booms and cannons firing will be heard. As Oswald try’s to get out of the mayhem, he takes you through a hill range, with mostly gentle rises and falls in till you get to the climax of the ride where you rise out of the ride complex as you get to the top of the hill; you bump in to a cow. Then go falling back, it seems like you’re going to crash in to the trolley behind you when you take a quick turn off in another direction. Your trolley takes a quick turnaround so that you’re lined up properly for the Queue and then you’re off to the ride exit where Oswald humble says “ya… I meant to do that. Come back again I should have the bugs worked out… I think.”
    So. Zetta. SLOW!

The Lion King Expedition would be a dark ride. Obviously there are holes in available technology and/or changes you could make in what scenes to show. (i.e. I leave out all of Simba and Nala's adult relationship for the sake of time.) The ride would combine the twists and turns of a classic dark ride to reveal different sets along with innovative vehicle technology and special effects. I envision this ride best suited for Adventureland, though I have no idea where you put it. Here's my best shot at a rough draft:

The queue line would be decorated in lush jungle trees and plants. Musical similar to the BGM of Animal Kingdom @ WDW could play. I would love an AA Rafiki to jump out from a treehouse above the queue and say something crazy every so often (e.g. "Asante Sana Squash Banana"), similar to the appeal of the Evil Queen above the Snow White Dark Ride.

Guests board the back of an elephant ride vehicle (ERV = a vehicle that resembles the top half of an an African Bull Elephant with room for 6 on its back).

We begin as the animals assemble for the birth of the new lion cub. Along the wall the sun rises on the African plains. We walk past Rafiki standing next to Mufasa and Sirabi as she cuddles her newborn cub. He tells them that this will one day be the King. Then, we traverse into the grasslands as Mufasa tells Simba that "everything the light touches will one day be yours". The ERV then turns the corner for a flashy "Just Can't Wait to Be King" number during which colorful ostriches, giraffes, rhinos, and Simba and Nala dance around us (and of course Zazu poo-pooing the whole affair). Around next corner... we see Scar in the elephant graveyard plotting with the hyenas to overthrow Mufasa. The hyenas jump at the ERV with voice overs warning us to "run and never come back" with the echo of Scar's laughter in the background.

ERVs enter next room to see Timon and Pumbaa... interrupting their singing of "Hakuna Matata"(Hey Pumbaa... we got company!!!"). The ERVs proceed through a tunnel of jungle floral with an animated shadow projection on the wall of the trio marching along on a log as the Simba shadow grows bigger to his adult form. At the end of the tunnel, a projection of a storm cloud swirls. We then return to a scorched Pride Rock with glowing hyena eyes all around. As we draw closer, we see that Simba is challenging Scar in a circle of fire. We hear Simba yell "Scar...you'll never be King!" We then see hyenas closing in on Scar. We turn the corner just as we hear Scar yell "Simba... please...nooooo!".

For the finale, the ERV re-enters a lush savannah as animals on either side of the vehicle (giraffes, zebras, etc.) walk forward towards Pride Rock on the far side of the room. "The Circle of Life" plays as the audio track. We finally arrive to the end of the room to see Simba, Nala, Timon, Pumbaa, and Rafiki on the Pride Rock overhead. As we arrive, the animals around the ERV genuflect towards the mountain. Rafiki hoists a small lion cub into the sky just as we hear the final notes of the song: "circle of.... liiiiiife". Lights go dark.... ERV exits to unload area.

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

^ Where's the space in Adventureland for a ride like that? Would it mean going beyond the berm with the show building outside the park and disguised like they did with Indy?

• Theming Fan

Someplace much to far from anything Disney.

My Abbey Road area.
    Armchair Imagineering: Abbey Road featuring The Beatles Experience
    Unsure where it would fit in DL, but I'm sure we'd find a way.
    Please keep your hands, arms, feet, and legs inside the forum at all times.
    Check out my bandcamp!
    http://chaseharrison1.bandcamp.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEO,ATIS View Post
    ^ Where's the space in Adventureland for a ride like that? Would it mean going beyond the berm with the show building outside the park and disguised like they did with Indy?
    It would have to be that way I guess. T'is why I said I have no idea where you put a ride of that size in the existing layout of Adventureland. I wouldn't even know where to put the queue or facade of this ride, seeing as Adventureland doesn't have much real estate to work with besides Aladdin's Oasis. This would be my ideal ride, regardless of available space.

• Ryan

my signiture under "my ideas" it would either go in my third park, adventureland, or tomarrowland because of the time machine.

• Blew By You

Well, my idea is to use the PeopleMover track, turn it into a flume type ride, and extend and/or alter the route of the track/flume to cover more of Tomorrowland and Fantasyland. It definitely does not fit the Tomorrowland theme but that can be ignored. There won't be no final dramatic drop, but where the tracks do incline down, that's where there will be a bit of a water drop. I guess there will be come concerns when the attraction enters buildings and where the slope of the flume inclines up. Plus the need for air conditioning while the attraction is indoors. This attraction is meant to be a nice slow at times view attraction. I'd champion the slow is better concept of Disneyland attractions.

LOVE the ideas guys! Keep 'em coming!

Proud Premium Passholder

AMAZING! The Lion King ride sounds promising, and the Mary Poppins could go in London, my replacement for ToonTown. London will have a huge version of Peter Pan's flight, like, Indy big. And the original Peter Pan would be replaced with the Lion King ride! BayouGuy has a nice flume ride too...

Proud Premium Passholder

• formerly very helpful

I agree with Bayouguy. I think a good slow ride will make the best Disneyland attractions. In a similar thread, I presented my idea of a Tomorrowland attraction where you're on a space mission to explore an alien planet. No movie tie-in. Just a creative idea. It would involve a walkthrough area which would simulate the mothership, and an omnimover (or other type of smaller vehicle) to represent the 2 and 3 person probes in which most of the adventure takes place.
    I don't think anyone would miss Innoventions for this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast