• Please pull the yellowtab

Question Tree Lighting Ceremony?

I always seem to miss the tree lighting ceremony every year . Somehow the thrill of fitting as many rides into one day gets the best of me. I'm trying to make it a point to take a somewhat more relaxed approach to my Christmas-time DL visit this Saturday. This includes checking out Big Thunder Ranch, watching the confectioners make candy canes, and witnessing the light show over at IASW.

But, back to my main question: What time is the Tree Lighting Ceremony held at? Is it at the same time everyday?

...I know the entertainment schedule can differ from slower-paced days (weekdays) versus more crowded days (weekends/holiday). Please help. Thanks in advance for any insights!

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

• Fireworks Finatic!

Re: Tree Lighting Ceremony?

I believe the tree lighting is either 5 of 5:15 every day. It's nothing too major, just the announcer comes on and asks everyone to turn their attention to the Christmas tree. Then asks everyone to say "Happy Holidays" on the count of 3. Then the tree comes on with the twinkling strobe lights flashing and the white LED lights do a pattern down the tree. It is pretty cool overall and something to see at least once in a visit.

• Minion

lol last year i saw the Christmas lighting for the first time on Dec. 16 that's the only day the lights came on late it was funny but it was great experience. you should try and watch it

It's a music Celebration
    Come on, come on, come on
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Come on, come on, come on
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on

• Please pull the yellowtab

Quote Originally Posted by AaronInCal View Post
    I believe the tree lighting is either 5 of 5:15 every day. It's nothing too major, just the announcer comes on and asks everyone to turn their attention to the Christmas tree. Then asks everyone to say "Happy Holidays" on the count of 3. Then the tree comes on with the twinkling strobe lights flashing and the white LED lights do a pattern down the tree. It is pretty cool overall and something to see at least once in a visit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael808702 View Post
    lol last year i saw the Christmas lighting for the first time on Dec. 16 that's the only day the lights came on late it was funny but it was great experience. you should try and watch it
    Thanks AaronInCal and Michael808702! I'm going to try to rein in my Disney starved family members and convince them that strolling along Main Street with a cup of hot cocoa (right around the time of the Tree Lighting Ceremony) is just as great as going for a 2nd round on Space Mountain.

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

• Former DL & WDW CM

The tree lighting is indeed at 5 pm every day, and the Small World lighting moment is at 5:15 everyday