• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

special effects lighting.

Is anyone else in to the Dj Lighting effects, such as strobe lighting, fog machines, snow machines, lasers? If so what are your best brand name lights. (I am trying to find out what your choice of lighitng you like, such as American Dj, Chauvet, Martin...or anything else.)

• Banned User

Re: special effects lighting.

I do lighting all the time. I would recommend you use a ice fog machine to make your fog stay on the floor in an eerie type fasion. I am not really an expert on professional lighting but I am good with lighting effects. You can go here for an awesome product that will give you the best looking place in town. www.animatedlighting.com

That is the equipment I used for my haunted mansion I did at my dads house. It amazed everyone with all the lights being syncronized like that with the music.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Did you film it DF?

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfreak
    I do lighting all the time. I would recommend you use a ice fog machine to make your fog stay on the floor in an eerie type fasion. I am not really an expert on professional lighting but I am good with lighting effects. You can go here for an awesome product that will give you the best looking place in town. www.animatedlighting.com

That is the equipment I used for my haunted mansion I did at my dads house. It amazed everyone with all the lights being syncronized like that with the music.
    Hey thanks for the site, and I do infact have two low lying foggers by antari.

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Evan-500
    Did you film it DF?
    what do you mean?

• Banned User

American DJ and Chauvet are the two worst lighting companies ever. Don't buy their pathetic excuse for crap.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Evan-500
    Did you film it DF?
    Unfortunately no one was helping me and video taping it was the last thing on my mind. I was running around like crazy running everything. But to make it up to you guys I am setting up a little christmas display using the technology.

Is anyone else in to the Dj Lighting effects, such as strobe lighting, fog machines, snow machines, lasers? If so what are your best brand name lights. (I am trying to find out what your choice of lighitng you like, such as American Dj, Chauvet, Martin...or anything else.)
    It really depends on what you want to do with the lighting and what the budget for the project is. If you aren't doing a commercial installation that requires a very durable product, I would say that while American DJ and Chauvet aren't the best, their prices are low and they are good enough for limited use. Check out Pro Sound Stage and Lighting http://www.pssl.com for American DJ type stuff. Their a good reputable place that I have bought a lot of stuff from. They have some higher end brands like Martin too.

Martin is a good brand, their stuff is in use all over the place, and it is good quality.

As far as better brands go, you can't go wrong with products from Diversitronics http://www.diversitronics.com/ or High End Systems http://www.highend.com/. A lot of their products show up in Disney rides, but these systems are much more sophisticated/expensive and require an advanced knowledge of lighting controls.

Le Maitre is reknowned to make great quality fog machines. http://www.lemaitrefx.com/

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

What about Oddesy lighting, or Martin and elation?

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

I currently have now by American Dj is: 1 color sweep, 2 Dj Scan 250's, 1 electra 250, 1 hyper beam, 6 fog machines, gobo flex, 3 analog controllers, 4 pinspots, 2 par 64 cans, a large tripod truss system, and the whole series of Club laser systems. And a snow machine by Chavet.
    Last edited by FantasyWatersDude; 11-19-2005 at 07:11 PM.

Odyssey and Elation are pretty much the same as American DJ. Martin is definitely a higher end brand especially when you get into the really high tech intelligent lighting. That's been used on concert tours for years. It sounds like you already have a pretty cool rig - I would add some strobes to it to round out the package.

Also, if you're really interested in Lighting Design, there are some great magazines out there, particularly Lighting Dimensions and Entertainment Design. Check out http://www.lightingdimensions.com. Sometimes these magazines feature articles on the design of theme park attractions at Universal and Disney.

Nice link JP12! I love lighting design but I don't know all the names... I mean I know the basics but I'm not that much of a tech wiz.
    I have a dream
    A song to sing
    To help me cope
    Trough everything

If you see the wonder
    of a FairyTale
    You can take the future
    even if you fail...

I believe in Angels
    Something good in everything I see
    I believe in Angels
    When I know the time is right for me...

I'll cross the stream.... I have a dream

I am Interested in the same things. I have two foggers that I bought at Walmart and stuff. I also did buisness with Tower lighting.look up "Tower Lighting" on Google and you should find the co.

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins
    Thanks for the web sight!