Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Re: "Disney Channel Rocks" Much better Show

I'll try to get pics of the removal tomorrow for everyone wondering....

• Banned User

The show definitely takes advantage of all of the infastructure that was built into Paradise Park...the stage, the viewing spaces, the fountains in the background and the audio system. I always wondered what the hatches in the boardwalk were and now I see they house even more speaker posts that aren't even used during World of Color. If you notice in his pictures, they are not the ones that are used for World of Color but are ones that are hidden underneath the boardwalk...can't wait to go see it.

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

I have never seen any of the Disney Channel shows before, but I can't wait to see this show in person and record it, of course. To be honest, I pretty much like all the shows Disney put on. YES, including Disney Dance Crew.

I usually go to Disney for the shows only and a few rides here and there. I'm just a show person any show works for me.
    Last edited by SoCalbma; 11-26-2010 at 05:56 PM.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• Banned User

Like I said, the execution was really well done. More pics at my blog (link in my sig)

• Blew By You

A big band swing gig would suit me fine. Some thing for the elders in the crowd. There are elders who visit Disneyland and DCA.

• Yeah.....

Looks like fun!
    Can't wait to check it out.

• Queen Elsa

Any thing with Hannah Mon stuipe is grabage to me. I can not stand her. I wish she would disaper from this planet. I'll pass on this show.

A big band swing gig would suit me fine. Some thing for the elders in the crowd. There are elders who visit Disneyland and DCA.
    There are also familys who watch Disney channel.This will sound odd but, ive walked in on my grandma watching Hannah Montana, and my mother enjoys Camp Rock....I cant wait to go see this, some one hurry up with a video!

http://www.youtube.com/DreamImagineCreate

Home of Miniature Disneyland

• Minion

IMO, I actually like this they look like they put some time and money into something and using all of the surroundings for one show is creative. I don't know why people hate Disney Channel so much if you don't like it don't watch it also don't dis the channel other people like it and offends people who like it. P.s. I like some of the shows but not all. IMO

It's a music Celebration
    Come on, come on, come on
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Come on, come on, come on
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEO,ATIS View Post
    I disagree. Anything made by "Have a Laugh" productions on Disney Channel is just horrible. This show basically supports those shows. I prefer classic and rare new Disney cartoons.

me too.

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Here's a video I found on Youtube. Overall, it looks Awesome!!!

I wish I could have gone today to record in HD, but I have 60 pages report to finish up.

Last edited by SoCalbma; 11-26-2010 at 09:52 PM.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• Yo!

Does all of that crap get removed every day prior to World of Color? Or just some of it? None of it?
    "Keep Moving Forward."

• Dream in wonderful color!

Yes, they do remove the stage. According to insider67 they're able to fold up each section and wheel it away for WOC performances.
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Paradise Pier area just became even more of a mess with this show. My head hurts from seeing what this show did to the new Paradise Park area. I can see some potential for a show in this area IF they have the right kind of show. BUT at the same time, there is so much wrong with placing a show in this wide open area.

This show is like the previous HSM rolling stage show, but on steroids. If you didn't like the music before, you won't like this music. Personally, I think only 2 songs are ok. The rest is just noise pollution. And unfortunately, it's going to be noise pollution to much of the Paradise Pier area. However, this show would be much better suited for the outdoor stage area in Hollywood pictures backlot. (In place of Gansta Mickey).

It is a good idea to make as most of the space that DCA has, and using the Paradise Park area is an interesting idea. I'm not sure it's the best choice of venue, being so out in the open (moreso than any other daytime show) and the area doesn't have any reasonable amount of seating.

It's quite obvious that "The Disney Channel" is footing the bill for this (or at least a good portion of it). Unfortunately, I REALLY don't like seeing this kind of "synergy" in any Disney park. And I don't like the idea of Playhouse Disney either, even thought that show in a more appropriate area, and is in an enclosed building. At least I can avoid it at all cost, the same is not true with the shows in the Paradise Park.

It's sad to see so many resources going into a show like this, when it only comes off looking like a tv advertisement for The Disney Channel. Give these performers something that will have a wider audience appeal, especially in an area as big as Paradise Park. Enterntainment managers have once again choosen a poor theme for something that they are putting so much energy into.

As for other types of shows or entertainment that might be more appropriate there, some sort of roaring 20's type band would be neat for the Paradise Pier area. Heck, DCA is really lacking in so much of the themed music that DL has: the Dapper Dan's and the Piano Player on Main Street, or the Jambalaya Jazz (do they still use that name) in New Oleans Square. When DCA opened they had some themed outdoor musicianw throughout DCA, and today, and I can't think of any! Oh, back to Paradise Park, the other type of outdoor show, in that big open area, that would seem appropriately theme for the area would be a mini show themed to The Little Mermaid.
    Last edited by Aladdin; 11-26-2010 at 11:14 PM.

• Future Cast Member :)

I can't wait to see it! It looks awesome! And it has Hannah in it, even better . The stage looks so much more relaxing because of the fountains in the background.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast