Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Re: "Disney Channel Rocks" Much better Show

I detested the HSM parades... and I will never set foot in the area that Disney Dance Crew plays.. but this actually looks like fun... wow, I can't believe I said that.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

From the clips I've seen, it's not as bad as it could be. Some of the performers voices are a little flat, and when did Cheetah Girls come out again? But... It could be a lot worse.

• Pilot EdForceOne

All the 'how is this victorian' or 'it doesn't fit!' talk is pretty hypocritical. How does any of your favorite parades such as Parade of Dreams fit into Main Street?

Temporary shows and parades have never really fit into the lands. These shows are overall Disney entertainment offerings - not adjunts to the land themselves (like the actors on main street, or NoS are).

My only beef would be is them taking over the soundtrack of the area too early - that would be an issue - and one that is easily fixed. They don't need to hype the show too much, too early.

And some of you will never like the live-action tween material of Disney - ever. Just accept that Disney added new genres they target. Be it lizzy mcguire, or hannah montana today - its done, its EXTREMELY successful, and it doesn't resonate with you. Live with it - you'll be much happier at the end of the day.

I'm sure some people felt the same way about Walt and his thirst for the True Action Adventures direction he took the studios instead of just pumping out more and more shorts and feature length animated films. Or how about that Mickey Mouse Club??

The fact there isn't more 7 minute Fab 5 shorts has nothing to do with a focus on Hannah Montana - it's because that business model died with the local cinema as your primary entertainment feed in the 50s with the boom of television. People need to stop acting like this material somehow is responsible for the lack of other content from Disney.

The hate on the Disney tween portfolio really just comes across as snobbish.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Yo!

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    This.
    "Keep Moving Forward."

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Throw around all the snobbish labels you want, doesn't change the fact that the Disney tween portfolio is rubbish. A hit and run tactic by the Disney company to target immature children of age who will do anything to act more adult like. Ironically these children end up disliking the very same shows that they were fans of.

This is not quality family entertainment designed to withstand the test of time, it is a short term marketing gimmick that panders to a small segment of young teens who are entering adult hood. To me this genre is no better than gangsta Mickey.
    Last edited by Seawolf; 11-27-2010 at 04:17 PM.

• Established 2005

Parades are just that. . .parades. Passing entertainments. Except for Celebrate! That doesn't qualify as entertainment to me.

This is a show, smack dab in the middle of a Victorian Pier. It doesn't move, it stagnates.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

All the 'how is this victorian' or 'it doesn't fit!' talk is pretty hypocritical. How does any of your favorite parades such as Parade of Dreams fit into Main Street?

Temporary shows and parades have never really fit into the lands. These shows are overall Disney entertainment offerings - not adjunts to the land themselves (like the actors on main street, or NoS are).

My only beef would be is them taking over the soundtrack of the area too early - that would be an issue - and one that is easily fixed. They don't need to hype the show too much, too early.

And some of you will never like the live-action tween material of Disney - ever. Just accept that Disney added new genres they target. Be it lizzy mcguire, or hannah montana today - its done, its EXTREMELY successful, and it doesn't resonate with you. Live with it - you'll be much happier at the end of the day.

I'm sure some people felt the same way about Walt and his thirst for the True Action Adventures direction he took the studios instead of just pumping out more and more shorts and feature length animated films. Or how about that Mickey Mouse Club??

The fact there isn't more 7 minute Fab 5 shorts has nothing to do with a focus on Hannah Montana - it's because that business model died with the local cinema as your primary entertainment feed in the 50s with the boom of television. People need to stop acting like this material somehow is responsible for the lack of other content from Disney.

Calling people on this board "Snobbish" isn't doing your argument any good. And you would do well to apologize.

And your argument (especially the portion underlined by me) is just completely wrong. First of all, this show is NOT a parade. It's a stage show performed in only one location. In fact, the previous mobile versions of this show were better in the way that the entire set disappeared, when the show was over. This set just stays out there, in the open. It is a major issue with this particular venue.

As for shows never fitting into their venue, that is just an utter lie. The Fantasyland Theaters shows were perfectly themed to the land they were located in. Tiana's ShowBoat Jubilee was AMAZINGLY well done in incorporating the theme and all of the infastructure into it's land. The Hunchback Show utilized the area behind Big Thunder Ranch in a great way too. The use of the Tomorrowland Terrace stage for the Jedi Training also works well with Star Tours being one of TL's attractions and the "space theme", which TL uses.

As I said in my previous post, if Disney is going to cram some advertising down our throats, they would do well to remember to appeal to a broad range of guests and not just a narrow spectrum of guests. The second problem is with this particular venue. It is too out in the open, to NOT be part of the supposed theme of the area. (And yes, that has been an ENORMOUS problem with the entire concept of Paradise Pier from before it was built.) If they are going to advertise for ther Disney Channel, then place the show where it fits best - Hollywood picture backlot. Place it in that backlot stage where there is seating and shade for guests.
    Last edited by Aladdin; 11-27-2010 at 04:21 PM. Reason: correct spelling/grammar

• Banned User

I agree.
    As a matter of fact, how does the high-tech World of Color fit into a 'victorian pier'? I mean if people want to get all serious about themes, then I guess WOC has to go too, its not victorian nor turn of the century.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by Imag1neer View Post
    I agree.
    As a matter of fact, how does the high-tech World of Color fit into a 'victorian pier'? I mean if people want to get all serious about themes, then I guess WOC has to go too, its not victorian nor turn of the century.
    1. There's a huge difference between a show that can hide itself during the day and one that constantly shows ugly infrastructure.
    2. World of Color is in a whole different league and was actually made with integrity and creativity, the positives greatly outweigh any negatives.
    3. The whole land shuts down during the showing of World of Color. The theme of the land is not interrupted because it's not open to begin with.
    4. World of Color could not be implemented in any other part of the park, Disney Channel Rocks can.

• Minion

IMO who cares its a stage that can go back down and make everything back to normal in a few hours its better then having it their full time its for the kids just leave it alone like the roller coaster, etc r for teens and adults its alright kids need something to watch too IMO

It's a music Celebration
    Come on, come on, come on
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Come on, come on, come on
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Some people obviously don't know that Disney is a COMPANY and they need to do what they do to make... hm. MONEY.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    Some people obviously don't know that Disney is a COMPANY and they need to do what they do to make... hm. MONEY.
    This is the kind of thinking that got DCA in the mess it's in today. Instead of creating quality family entertainment that strengthens the park as a whole we are getting low quality productions, designed to make a quick buck and advertise for other entities of the company, all at the expense of DCA's progress. The problem is people don't understand that quality brings money with it, the very formula that Disneyland was founded on.
    Last edited by Seawolf; 11-27-2010 at 05:29 PM.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Last time I checked and watched the show (yesterday) Families were watching the show and being entertained by it.

And you do realize DCA is getting a billion dollar make-over, correct? I'm not expecting the MOST lavish sets and designs at DCA right now. Especially with small 20 minute shows. Once the refurb is done and everything is open.

Then yes, I might have to agree with you, but right now. No.

I don't care for the tween stuff, but I'm honestly not surprised this kinda thing is happening. Figured they'd try to keep it more to the Hollywood area but this is why I made the arguement against theming to a specific time period when modern Disney can't even avoid placing Monsters Inc in Tomorrowland.

I don't care for the idea of the show but it seems to make adequate use of the resources it has and is certainly better then that highschool musical stuff. I would enjoy a period band more but either way I'm pretty indifferent.

Get tired of people using Duffy as an arguement for why we don't get origional stuff anymore. Duffy was a photo op with a character never heard of before that is suddenly being sold as a collectible piece of merchandise? I'd like to youknow SEE Duffy as a character or attraction or piece of entertainment BEFORE he becomes a brand rather then doing things backwards...

maybe thats just me though.
    "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

• Dream in wonderful color!

They moved the show to Paradise Park because of construction at the park entrance. Remember HSM3 was forced to use the elecTRONica stage during the end of its run.. Disney Dance Crew had already taken up the stage in Hollywood, why not make use of the empty venue at the other side of the park? Besides, I think the fountain integration is pretty cool.
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast