Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 132
  1. #91

    • Dive ..... Dive.....
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,745

    Re: "Disney Channel Rocks" Much better Show

    Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    I didn't prove your point - the point soared right over your head. You claimed kids turn their back on this stuff just years later and that shows just how misguided this material is. Most people do that to Mickey Mouse, Pooh, and others too. They turn their back on it because they turn their back on anything 'kid' - as they strive to be cool, hard, hip, etc. It's generally not until they are mature enough to stop acting out that they will return to acknowledge their true interests without worries about peer pressure. The rebellion is against all things that peer pressure may result in taunting/teasing over - not because the material misses its mark.
    The point did not go over my head. It is your failure to realize that Mickey does not get old with the teen generation, even though they may claim otherwise to their friends. Once Hannah Montana is old it's done with forever, not so with Mickey. I would love for you to survey how many 30 year olds love Hannah Montana and then compare how many love Mickey Mouse, it wouldn't even be a contest.

    BS - Mickey and friends get the same treatment. How many 18 yr olds do you know with Mickey curtains and sheets? You can't use teen rebellion as a measure of anything - it by nature is to reject child things and try to act older then they really are.
    Why does a teen have to publically broadcast his passion for Mickey in order to appreciate the character? As a teen I might have not specifically gone out my way to show caring for Mickey but that didn't change the fact I appreciated the character silently. When I got older it became easier to share with others, didn't mean I went through a period where I hated the character like your claiming. The same cannot be said about Hannah Montana or any Disney Channel series. In 100 years we will continue to see Mickey be a prominent symbol of the Disney Company, the latter will be but a distant memory.

    The teenagers like yourself (or just past teen years) who are Disney fans 'on the outside' are the minority and not representative of the larger population.
    So all of a sudden my opinion means nothing because in your eyes I've been a Disney nut from birth and it doesn't have any merit on real world situations? How exactly do you come up with this stuff when you know nothing about me or the "larger population?" All of a sudden you've become a statistical expert on how everyone in the world acts? The facts are against you my friend, the fab 5 have proven their longevity and diversity for over 100 years, would love to see Hannah Montana do that.

    Really? Tell me where they are showing besides niche cable networks like TVLand or Halmark? Or as filler at late night. I don't even see them in any listings currently (with brief searches). These networks show as retro for the older generations - not as relevant to the mass audience or these teens/etc.
    UMMMMM I Love Lucy is constantly being shown on channel 11. It has great ratings and deserves to be on the channel. Next show is at 5:30PM on Sunday right before prime time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ummmmm, No View Post
    What would you constitute as 'Real Disney Music'?
    Music that all age genres can appreciate.
    Last edited by Seawolf; 11-28-2010 at 02:30 AM.

  2. #92

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    At the foot of the Flatirons, CO
    Posts
    498

    Re: "Disney Channel Rocks" Much better Show

    Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Would everyone be up in arms over U2 performing here if they weren't playing rag time tunes? No - the Disney fickle will turn a blind eye when it's convenient for their arguement because they actually like the material in the question... and when they don't, they'll try to find any sticks and stones they can come up with to throw at it to try to justify their dislike.
    First, to head this off at the pass, I realize it's not just you that is saying the argument above; however, you have been the most vocal in this regard, which is why I'm replying to you directly.

    I want to poke my head in here real quick and mention that you shouldn't be grouping the entire "anti-DCR" group into "doesn't like the material". I do not care one way or the other about the material, and I understand that it's very popular on the Disney Channel and therefore deserves a presence in the parks (in some fashion).

    My sole issue with the show is the garish temporary stage they've set up. Disney has gone to great lengths in the past 2 years to re-theme Paradise Pier to its new "Victorian" theme. Pie-eyed Mickey, TSMM theming, Games of the Boardwalk re-theme, Route 66/Mullholland Madness re-theme, Silly Symphony Swings, change of voiceover on Screamin', change of area ambient music... they've put in a lot of work to make this theme change work and to try and give Paradise Pier an actual theme.

    So my issue is solely that, after all this work on presenting a more unified theme, that Disney throws it all away by constructing a cheap, garish stage that clashes with everything around it (and that they do it on the cusp of The Little Mermaid opening, which more or less signifies that they have actually turned the corner as far as theming goes). Especially since the show takes over the ambient music you hear when walking into Paradise Pier, which ruins the transition into the themed land.

    Anyway, I just wanted to jump in to clarify a bit... there are some of us who really, truly, just dislike the show because of the thematic clash with Paradise Pier. I feel that if the show has that stage set-up, regardless of content, it belongs in the current thematic junk-drawer of DCA, Hollywood Pictures Backlot. Long post short - please don't group all of us into one category on this one.

    And to answer your question, yes, I would have severe troubles if U2 was performing in the same manner (and I like the band).
    *I am an employee of The Walt Disney Company*
    *All words above are my own and do not represent TWDC, nor do I speak on their behalf*
    *All words above conform to the Social Media policy distributed to employees; no confidential information is divulged*


  3. #93

    • Established 2005
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    832

    Re: "Disney Channel Rocks" Much better Show

    Am in complete agreement with you, oo_nrb. I have no disdain for the product of The Disney Channel, but I do not understand why this product that inherently limits its audience has such a prominent presence in the park with this show.

    Flynn, I do respect your opinion, but we must agree to disagree on this matter. This same conflict has come up before, and both sides have valid points, but neither will budge on their opinion.

    These varying perspectives is what makes this board so interesting and colorful.

  4. #94

    • He Gets The Job Done
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Tustin
    Posts
    8,151
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: "Disney Channel Rocks" Much better Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    The point did not go over my head. It is your failure to realize that Mickey does not get old with the teen generation, even though they may claim otherwise to their friends. Once Hannah Montana is old it's done with forever, not so with Mickey. I would love for you to survey how many 30 year olds love Hannah Montana and then compare how many love Mickey Mouse, it wouldn't even be a contest.
    If Hannah Montana stayed on tv for let's say... The period Blues Clues has been on, it would lose its old fans and gain new ones. It does NOT mean she is not popular. She is just not popular with YOU. Just because someone doesn't publicly announce that they watch Hannah Montana, does not mean they hate it. Mickey Mouse has been around for almost a century where these "30 year olds" grew up with him, of course they're going to say they are bigger fans of Mickey. If it's not popular with you, then that is fine, but don't put words in other peoples mouths saying that we all hate it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    So all of a sudden my opinion means nothing because in your eyes I've been a Disney nut from birth and it doesn't have any merit on real world situations? How exactly do you come up with this stuff when you know nothing about me or the "larger population?" All of a sudden you've become a statistical expert on how everyone in the world acts? The facts are against you my friend, the fab 5 have proven their longevity and diversity for over 100 years, would love to see Hannah Montana do that.


    Music that all age genres can appreciate.
    You seem a little hypocritical here, my friend. What makes you think that the world hates all of this music when it is only just you and a small percentage of others on here.


  5. #95

    • Mouse at work
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    664

    Re: "Disney Channel Rocks" Much better Show

    This show looks pretty good, but again, like what everyone else on here has said, this is supposed to be VICTORIAN themed. NOT CONTEMPORARY. This show could fit in at HPB or possibly be a moving stage or whatever in Hollywoodland.
    "Ian, in life, whatever you do, DO NOT give up your dreams and goals of the past, present, and future and only then will you be successful!" - Walter Elias Disney

  6. #96

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Splash Mountain
    Posts
    7,927
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: "Disney Channel Rocks" Much better Show

    ^Hollywoodland is going to be in the early 1900's since the Red Cars are there.......really nothing Modern is suppose to be in a Disney Park, besides Tomorrowland all the lands are set in the past and do a good job keeping that vibe DCA on the other hand just feel's like we have entered the world of today which.....you can do in your own home. If you want Disney Channel, you know where to watch it, if you want good entertainment it is at Disneyland but DCA still lacks any shows (besides Aladdin and Woc) that have any real charm or have fans behind it, like the bands at DL.

  7. #97

    • Dive ..... Dive.....
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,745

    Re: "Disney Channel Rocks" Much better Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    If Hannah Montana stayed on tv for let's say... The period Blues Clues has been on, it would lose its old fans and gain new ones. It does NOT mean she is not popular. She is just not popular with YOU. Just because someone doesn't publicly announce that they watch Hannah Montana, does not mean they hate it. Mickey Mouse has been around for almost a century where these "30 year olds" grew up with him, of course they're going to say they are bigger fans of Mickey. If it's not popular with you, then that is fine, but don't put words in other peoples mouths saying that we all hate it.
    Kritter, why argue with me when you haven't the slightest idea what I'm talking about?

    You seem a little hypocritical here, my friend. What makes you think that the world hates all of this music when it is only just you and a small percentage of others on here.
    Do me a favor, go on youtube and tell me how many people thumbs down Hannah Montana. Then go watch a Mickey flick and see how many thumbs down you see.

    Here is a great example of what I'm talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kffacxfA7G4
    Last edited by Seawolf; 11-28-2010 at 04:05 AM.

  8. #98

    • Closed Account
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    619

    Re: "Disney Channel Rocks" Much better Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    So all of a sudden my opinion means nothing because in your eyes I've been a Disney nut from birth and it doesn't have any merit on real world situations? How exactly do you come up with this stuff when you know nothing about me or the "larger population?" All of a sudden you've become a statistical expert on how everyone in the world acts? The facts are against you my friend, the fab 5 have proven their longevity and diversity for over 100 years, would love to see Hannah Montana do that.

    UMMMMM I Love Lucy is constantly being shown on channel 11. It has great ratings and deserves to be on the channel. Next show is at 5:30PM on Sunday right before prime time.


    Music that all age genres can appreciate.
    100 years? Mickey was created November 18, 1928.

    Would you be able to give me some specific examples of music 'all age genres can appreciate'?

  9. #99

    • Closed Account
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    619

    Re: "Disney Channel Rocks" Much better Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    Do me a favor, go on youtube and tell me how many people thumbs down Hannah Montana. Then go watch a Mickey flick and see how many thumbs down you see.

    Here is a great example of what I'm talking about: YouTube - Justin Bieber - Baby ft. Ludacris
    Because, clearly, this is the best way to get an idea of what people like.

  10. #100

    • Pilot EdForceOne
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    15,619

    Re: "Disney Channel Rocks" Much better Show

    Quote Originally Posted by oo_nrb View Post
    I want to poke my head in here real quick and mention that you shouldn't be grouping the entire "anti-DCR" group into "doesn't like the material".
    To be clear - I'm not grouping anyone. I was responding to specific complaints earlier in the thread. Just go back to the first 3-4 pages of the thread to get what I'm talking about.

    There are two main themes to the complaints - It's tween stuff so it's garbage, and the show doesn't work thematically.

    The first point has been discussed at length - those people are just set in their ways and oblivious to the reality around them. To the second point, it's a standard being applied inconsistently and used when someone doesn't agree with the material.

    Quote Originally Posted by oo_nrb View Post
    So my issue is solely that, after all this work on presenting a more unified theme, that Disney throws it all away by constructing a cheap, garish stage that clashes with everything around it
    If you've looked at the detailed photos from Ice101 - that stage is anything but 'cheap'. Disney invested a good hunk of change to build that puppy.

    I personally don't think it's that big of a deal. I mean look at where this is. It's not on the pier. It's near the corner of the area dominated by modern SF architecture - not victorian. Sure when TLM finishes the area will have more polish - but the presentation of that building still is inspired, but not screaming 'we're in a time machine!'. It's temporary. It appeases a certain audience and some people will get lots of joy from it. It doesn't look like it will ruin anything about my visit so call me complacent.

    I find the amount of junk they do around the castle, down mainstreet, etc way more intruding and detracting myself.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid


    Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

  11. #101

    • Established 2005
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    832

    Re: "Disney Channel Rocks" Much better Show

    Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    The first point has been discussed at length - those people are just set in their ways and oblivious to the reality around them. To the second point, it's a standard being applied inconsistently and used when someone doesn't agree with the material.
    I am sorry to say this, but this is a great example of lumping people making an argument into two groups. If people don't think that Tween music is good, they're oblivious to the reality around them? Yes, because MTV or your typical radio station plays this type of music. I love tuning in to KOST or KIIS and hearing music fresh off the Disney Channel.

    Also, to compare a parade or show such as POD or pyro shows such as RDCT to Celebrate or DDC doesn't stick. As I said before, parades have been a part of Disneyland's history for many years. Parades roll down the main street of small towns all across America all year long. On the same level as Disney delivers? No, but the idea is the same. A parade in a small town represents a celebration of some sort, a way to bring the community together.

    Yes, some themes are better than others. I would not feel the same about a well-themed parade that matched the tone of a park as I would as rolling Block Party Bash down Main Street. That to me would have been the same as C!ASP rolling down Main Street and taking up residence there for 20 minutes.

    Regardless, this is a show with post-show/pre-show music that takes up residence in PP for 4 hours a day, not a moving parade. While I understand that some may enjoy the offerings of the Disney Channel, I really wish this show could have been less specific in its genre and approach.

  12. #102

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    8,890

    Re: "Disney Channel Rocks" Much better Show

    From the videos, it looks like they really tried to make it entertaining!

    Which must be good news for you Disney customers who enjoy paying the Corporation for the privilege of watching its in-Park commercials.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

    - Neil Gabler


  13. #103

    • Future Cast Member :)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    315

    Re: "Disney Channel Rocks" Much better Show

    I just saw the show, and there were no fountains!! I thought there was going to be WOC fountains? Was it too windy or something? I thought the show was pretty good. Only 2 complaints: 1. I think the placement of the stage is pretty ridiculous cause it's right in the sun! Everyone was like shading their eyes. 2. There were 6 circular Disney Channel signs, and on the back are shows and movies, none of them said Hannah Montana. You'd think they would since it's still pretty popular. They even had the Cheetah Girls, which is really old and unpopular anymore. Otherwise the show was alright.

  14. #104

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    389

    Re: "Disney Channel Rocks" Much better Show

    Just to throw a monkey wrench into the debate, what if this show from Tokyo Disneyland was brought over to Paradise Pier?

    YouTube - fiesta tropical part 1

    The show would be preformed in the daytime and the nighttime, and would be on the same stage as Disney Channel Rocks. The show would make use of the WoC fountains (instead of the dinky lights flashing behind the performers in this video, imagine the fountains pulsating and changing colors in a more intense manner).

    Honestly, would you give up the fantastic location by the water, mass viewing ability,and the WoC fountains and fire blasting off as a backdrop in favor of the Oasis stage in Adventureland in order to correct theming?
    Do do do do do do dodododododo!

    -My Electrical Parade Impersonation

  15. #105

    • X-S TECH Demonstrator
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    6,315

    Re: "Disney Channel Rocks" Much better Show

    I agree with everything Seawolf is saying. Just 2 teens against this show even existing. How would you like it if justin bieber came to preform at Disneyland and have a bunch of girls screaming and ruining the calm nature of the park. That is how we feel about hannah montana, jonas brothers, and the horrifying high school musical ruining Paradise Pier. It's Paradise Pier, how can I have fun and be in pardise if their crappy music is playing?



    Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Disney Channel Renews "Charlie and Lola"
    By tjcjr in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-18-2007, 11:00 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •