Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

• Vroom, vroom!

Re: "Disney Channel Rocks" Much better Show

Well without seeing it in person, I can honestly say I dont want to.
    And I dont like it, The disney channel to me is a channel where so called "entertainment" Dribbles out of the mouths of people that think that kids love Sitcoms with humor that is Written(?) by monkeys with a shock collar and a type writer.
    They don't ever show anything of interest, and I remember being a kid not liking it after they got rid of the classic cartoons.
    This show is nothing more to me than a blatant advertisement for something that people with bad taste likes and they feel that they should market it to the masses in person, A living advertisement on stage for your little ones to look at and hope that you will by them the product they are singing about.
    I am Scary Scott,
    Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
    I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
    Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
    Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Scary: your post is dripping something. Tastes like sarcasm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karalora View Post
    This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
    Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)
    Anyhow, check out my profile on fimfiction.net I'm Phoenix Quill there.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Sosai X View Post
    Remember when the Disney Channel was a pay premium channel, that you had to pay extra to get? Like Showtime, HBO, and Cinemax? Remember when people would save up all year, and drive all the way across the country just to spend a few days at Disneyland? Remember when the weekly Disney TV show on Sundays was the high point of the week?
    Those times are gone forever.
    Well yea, because Disney's made enough money to market that channel to a broader audience.

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    All the 'how is this victorian' or 'it doesn't fit!' talk is pretty hypocritical. How does any of your favorite parades such as Parade of Dreams fit into Main Street?

Temporary shows and parades have never really fit into the lands. These shows are overall Disney entertainment offerings - not adjunts to the land themselves (like the actors on main street, or NoS are).

My only beef would be is them taking over the soundtrack of the area too early - that would be an issue - and one that is easily fixed. They don't need to hype the show too much, too early.

And some of you will never like the live-action tween material of Disney - ever. Just accept that Disney added new genres they target. Be it lizzy mcguire, or hannah montana today - its done, its EXTREMELY successful, and it doesn't resonate with you. Live with it - you'll be much happier at the end of the day.

I'm sure some people felt the same way about Walt and his thirst for the True Action Adventures direction he took the studios instead of just pumping out more and more shorts and feature length animated films. Or how about that Mickey Mouse Club??

The fact there isn't more 7 minute Fab 5 shorts has nothing to do with a focus on Hannah Montana - it's because that business model died with the local cinema as your primary entertainment feed in the 50s with the boom of television. People need to stop acting like this material somehow is responsible for the lack of other content from Disney.

The hate on the Disney tween portfolio really just comes across as snobbish.
    THIS. RIGHT HERE. READ. THIS. NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    Throw around all the snobbish labels you want, doesn't change the fact that the Disney tween portfolio is rubbish. A hit and run tactic by the Disney company to target immature children of age who will do anything to act more adult like. Ironically these children end up disliking the very same shows that they were fans of.

This is not quality family entertainment designed to withstand the test of time, it is a short term marketing gimmick that panders to a small segment of young teens who are entering adult hood. To me this genre is no better than gangsta Mickey.
    Well, when that market is buying a lot of your product, why not market to it? I hate Hannah Montana to death, but I gotta give it to them, the tweeny girls are buying everything Disney's handing to them. And when they can go spend a Day at DCA (that rhymed...I CALL COPYRIGHTS DISNEY! YA HEAR ME? ) and hear their favorite songs from the shows, that makes it even better. Sure, it's not for everyone, but it works for that target they're marketing to.

Just to throw a monkey wrench into the debate, what if this show from Tokyo Disneyland was brought over to Paradise Pier?

YouTube - fiesta tropical part 1
    that would be cool but i think it should be over the tortilla factory and chinese restaurant

http://www.youtube.com/DreamImagineCreate

Home of Miniature Disneyland

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Quote Originally Posted by MainStreetJake View Post
    I hate Hannah Montana to death, but I gotta give it to them, the tweeny girls are buying everything Disney's handing to them. And when they can go spend a Day at DCA (that rhymed...I CALL COPYRIGHTS DISNEY! YA HEAR ME? ) and hear their favorite songs from the shows, that makes it even better. Sure, it's not for everyone, but it works for that target they're marketing to.
    Then that means you are falling for the marketing trap. Brainwash the kids to want it so much that they force their parents to get it for them even if they hate it. I'm not saying your kids are evil or anything, it's just that Disney is using them and the "pop stars" to get money. You said you are buying everything Disney puts out and when you take them to DCA that commercial show is making them want that stuff even more and it's wasting your money. Hannah Montana is just a fad. See what happened to the jonas brothers? They were big, big big! But then everyone stopped talking about them and nobody cared. And now I hear their show Jonas L.A. is cancelled only after 1 year. I'm pretty sure it's gonna happen to Hannah Montana soon and your kids won't want all the stuff you bought them anymore. They will probably move on to justin bieber who uses subliminal messages in his songs to get popular and then you will buy everything about him for them. You will throw out the Hannah Montana stuff and pretty soon, this will happen over, and over, and over again. And that is all just for getting more money. Make someone big, then leave em' behind. It crushes the dreams of the stars, and wastes the money you have. Don't waste your money on something that will last 1 or 2 years.
    Last edited by CaptainEO,ATIS; 11-28-2010 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

^ I hate The Disney Channel, but so what? "Collector's Special Edition Hatbox Ghost Big Figs with UV Lighting" are also money makers, but I don't think anyone here will complain if they go on sale tomorrow. I'm actually certain that there would be at least one comment on a thread that appreciate that "Disney is listening to their fans". Keep in mind that the Disney Channel also has it's fans, and though they may not be as old as us they are still Disney fans. I know that one of my close friends (my age!) is in love with all those old Disney Channel Original Movies and she'll love that they set up a dance-and-fountain show with all the music she still remembers.

Once again, if this show was, say, Fiesta Tropical from Tokyo Disneyland, and it took place on the Paradise Park stage with fountain/fire choreography and lighting, would we still be upset that it doesn't match theme and banish it to the Oasis in Adventureland?
    Do do do do do do dodododododo!

-My Electrical Parade Impersonation

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyson 1 View Post
    Once again, if this show was, say, Fiesta Tropical from Tokyo Disneyland, and it took place on the Paradise Park stage with fountain/fire choreography and lighting, would we still be upset that it doesn't match theme and banish it to the Oasis in Adventureland?
    Yes, actually I would be mad it doesn't fit the theme but I would not get rid of it, I would want it to be moved to an appropriate spot where it actually fits the theme. I like BLAB, but I'm upset it doesn't fit the theme. That doesn't mean I want it removed. Either relocated to a spot where it does or retheme it but still keeping Buzz on it. The problem is this show really doesn't fit anywhere but the Hollywood Backlot Studios. And when that gets rethemed to Hollywood land this show won't fit anywhere. Which is why I want it removed.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• Minion of Chernabog

Excuse me while I puke.
    The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing - Walt Disney

Shut up and get to work - Me

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

I get the feeling here that people expect Disney should lose money or make much less to please them. How does that work?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    From the videos, it looks like they really tried to make it entertaining!

Which must be good news for you Disney customers who enjoy paying the Corporation for the privilege of watching its in-Park commercials.
    Isn't that what any of the movie based attractions are?

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I get the feeling here that people expect Disney should lose money or make much less to please them.
    Heaven forbid! Bob Iger's $29 million compensation package needs every dime. So especially at this Holiday Season, please spend -- and spend generously.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Senior Minion

I get the feeling here that people expect Disney should lose money or make much less to please them.
    Heaven forbid! Bob Iger's $29 million compensation package needs every dime. So especially at this Holiday Season, please spend -- and spend generously!

Isn't that what any of the movie based attractions are?
    Yup. When it comes to the all-important purpose of selling Disney brands, there's not a bit of difference between the Swiss Family Treehouse and Tarzan's Disney Store Display; between Peter Pan and the Finding Nemo Underwater Video Ride; between Alice in Wonderland and Pirates of the Johnny Depp.
    Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 11-28-2010 at 10:41 PM.

- Neil Gabler

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I listen to bad music (Ke$ha, Miley and all that) but I know its crap, I watch the Saw movies and know there place just cause something is liked by main stream audiences does not make it good quality.
    I really don't care about theme as much as I would argue but I know that if Marvel was in the parks as an show or ride most of you people would be against the Hulk show or ride.
    Also since I'm sure none of you cared about the Mailboomer going away don't see how you can say go for this since the Mailboomer was just like this show....not like by Disney fans, made for one type of Audiance and does not fit theme. Just looks like you rather depend this rather boring "show" (of you can call it one) when you know there are MUCH better things that could have been made for the Peir and if you think this is th best Disney could do..........Six Flags is about an hour away
    Last edited by JerrodDRagon; 11-29-2010 at 02:10 AM.

• Vroom, vroom!

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    I have listen to bad music (Ke$ha, Miley and all that) but I know its crap, I watch the Saw movies and know there place just cause something is liked by main stream audiences does not make it good quality.
    I really don't care about theme as much as I would argue but I know that if Marvel was in the parks as an show or ride most of you people would be against the Hulk show or ride.
    Also since I'm sure none of you cared about the Mailboomer going away don't see how you can say go for this since the Mailboomer was just like this show....not like by Disney fans, made for one type of Audiance and does not fit theme. Just looks like you rather depend this rather boring "show" (of you can call it one) when you know there are MUCH better things that could have been made for the Peir and if you think this is th best Disney could do..........Six Flags is about an hour away
    Thats insulting to magic mountain. What would the trolls think. THINK ABOUT THE TROLLS!! (at magic mountain not the internet kind, **** the internet trolls.
    I am Scary Scott,
    Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
    I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
    Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
    Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Scary: your post is dripping something. Tastes like sarcasm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karalora View Post
    This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
    Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)
    Anyhow, check out my profile on fimfiction.net I'm Phoenix Quill there.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Heaven forbid! Bob Iger's $29 million compensation package needs every dime. So especially at this Holiday Season, please spend -- and spend generously!
    Yes, the leadership is highly compensated. How does that affect a company's intrest in making money? Disney would want to make a fortune whether he was paid $29 million, $1 million or a dollar and change.

QUOTE=Mr Wiggins;1056347500]

Yup. When it comes to the all-important purpose of selling Disney brands, there's not a bit of difference between the Swiss Family Treehouse and Tarzan's Disney Store Display; between Peter Pan and the Finding Nemo Underwater Video Ride; between Alice in Wonderland and Pirates of the Johnny Depp.
    [/QUOTE]

Those quality issues are less related to a business obsessed with marketing and more related to a business scared to invest in infrastructure. Sure, that itself is a huge problem, but we can't just cite every issue Disney has as the main cause of bad attractions.

• Senior Minion

Those quality issues are less related to a business obsessed with marketing and more related to a business scared to invest in infrastructure. Sure, that itself is a huge problem, but we can't just cite every issue Disney has as the main cause of bad attractions.
    The notion that Disney is driven by obsession, fear or laziness is a myth. They're focused from the top of their management hierarchy on a long-established corporate philosophy; their total theme park product and all the elements that comprise it -- marketing, admissions, attractions, entertainment, food, merchandise, employees -- is the result.

For over two decades, Disney's philosophy for the DLR has been about marketing the brands of other Disney divisions and acquisitions. And that's what it will be for the foreseeable future.

Good, bad or indifferent, "Disney Channel Rocks" is a marketing commercial that you pay to see. Disney wouldn't create a Victorian musical for Paradise Pier, nor any of the other, theme-appropriate concepts that have been suggested in this thread, for the simple reason that they're not Disney brands, and thus have zero value to Disney. The fact that they may be entertaining to the theme park audience, and enhance the thematic cohesion of the Paradise Pier area, is irrelevant.
    Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 11-29-2010 at 05:45 AM.

- Neil Gabler

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ummmmm, No View Post
    100 years? Mickey was created November 18, 1928.
    Shows how much of a Disney nut I really am considering that's what I've been labeled as. Still, my point is the same, Mickey and the fab 5 have been around for many years and are still just as popular with the public. This fad will be lucky if it gets 1/10th of that lifespan.

Would you be able to give me some specific examples of music 'all age genres can appreciate'?
    Believe in Holiday Magic would be a great example. There are countless others, should I continue?

Quote Originally Posted by Ummmmm, No View Post
    Because, clearly, this is the best way to get an idea of what people like.
    Perhaps not the most accurate but a rough estimate. You can't sit there and tell me that 672,566 dislikes means nothing.
    Last edited by Seawolf; 11-29-2010 at 02:40 PM.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast