Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Re: "Disney Channel Rocks" Much better Show

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    Believe in Holiday Magic would be a great example. There are countless others, should I continue?
    I honestly can't stand 'Believe... In Holiday Magic'. haha

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    I honestly can't stand 'Believe... In Holiday Magic'. haha
    Never said that every person on the planet would like it, just a decent amount of every age group. What's your stance on World of Color's soundtrack, another that caters to all ages?

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Never said that every person on the planet would like it, just a decent amount of every age group. What's your stance on World of Color's soundtrack, another that caters to all ages?
    But isn't that the same thing with this show? Not everyone is going to like it, but people from every age group DO enjoy the show.

Of course I love WoC's soundtrack, it's phenomenol.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

But isn't that the same thing with this show? Not everyone is going to like it, but people from every age group DO enjoy the show.

Of course I love WoC's soundtrack, it's phenomenol.
    You mean to tell me that Hannah Montana, a show designed to target preteens has the same age diversity that World of Color has?

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

You mean to tell me that Hannah Montana, a show designed to target preteens has the same age diversity that World of Color has?
    Not at the length World of Color does, but yes. It does have some.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Not at the length World of Color does, but yes. It does have some.
    There will always be a handful of individuals outside of the norm who would watch this show, that doesn't classify as diverse. Do you know anyone over the age of 50 who would watch Hannah Montana on a regular basis? I could name a few for WOC, Fantasmic, Believe, or any of the classic Disney movies.
    Last edited by Seawolf; 11-29-2010 at 03:10 PM.

• Senior Minion

There will always be a handful of individuals outside of the norm who would watch this show, that doesn't classify as diverse. Do you know anyone over the age of 50 who would watch Hannah Montana on a regular basis?
    Exactly. And another demonstration of how diversity has no appeal to Disney's niche-Marketeers. Following the lead of longtime network TV programming exec Iger, and children's TV programming exec Eisner before him, Disney wants specific, definable, youth-demographics as marketing targets for their theme park "entermercials."

Think Disney Channel Rocks is non-diverse? Wait'll they roll out the marketing campaign for Carsland.
    Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 11-29-2010 at 03:27 PM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Exactly. And another demonstration of how diversity has no appeal to Disney's niche-Marketeers. Following the lead of longtime network TV programming exec Iger, and children's TV programming exec Eisner before him, Disney wants specific, definable, youth-demographics as marketing targets for their theme park "entermercials."

Think Disney Channel Rocks is non-diverse? Wait'll they roll out the marketing campaign for Carsland.
    Yup. And the current Disney management has done this very well. The Disney Channel shows are extraordinarily managed from a business point of view. They've managed to recreate the old studio system where stars are given time to develop as guests on other shows (Selena Gomez sprang from Hannah Montana), then they build a show around them, and then market them in other media (songs, radio, theme parks). Eventually, they are used up and discarded to either make their own careers (like Britney) or to flame out (like the Lizzie McGuire girl). Budgets are very well managed, advertising targeted, and the product quality is relatively consistent (they are making McDonald's hamburgers, not steak). It wouldn't be politically feasible for Disney execs to completely neglect the Disney Channel's contributions in the parks.

It's been mentioned before. In Walt's day they tried to make entertainment that appealed to everyone from Toddler's to Grandma. Now, things are targeted to specific groups and teens just have more spending power than parents and older folks. Partially it's a management choice, but it's also prevalent throughout society as a whole....the "event" films, tv shows, and spectacles of the past are gone...replaced by the 100 channel present and internet web sites.

• Pilot EdForceOne

the funny thing is I remember when Springsteen released his song about 500 channels and nothing on... and that was so extreme at the time. Now my cable box goes up to 1000 channel listings. Wild
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Basically after the last show, all the stage pieces are taken down and moved to a backstage location. The platform is then lowered to become the yellow wet zone. not too difficult and it makes it so that both shows can share the area. Hope you can come check it out

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Here's my videos I recorded of just of the new Day Time Water Show only in HD

My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

This is directly from a post i made on a different thread and I still stand by what I said:

I know a lot of you here on MiceChat are not fans of Disney Channel, but I am. I enjoy DCOMs (Disney Channel Original Movies) and I enjoy Hannah Montana. However, I'm still a bit hesitant to embrace a show like this at DCA along the bay because I don't understand how it fits thematically with the vision that Paradise Pier is a Victorian style amusement park. To me, it doesn't fit the theme. I'll reserve judgment until I see it.

I do embrace the idea of having a stage show in the area, but I also have mixed feelings about reusing the infrastructure from World of Color - it seems to me that part of the "magic" of World of Color should be that it appears from the bay only at night. But maybe that's just me.
    I've been very excited about the recent development and retheming of attractions in the Paradise Pier area (new soundtrack along the pier, new voiceover on California Screamin') I'm someone who actually liked the HSM3 parade, but even I have mixed feelings about the location and design of this stage show. I'm not going to stoop to insults and say it looks or sounds cheap because it doesn't. It looks like a modern concert with lots of colorful fun flare. It's very California. I'm just extremely excited about the direction I hope the pier area is heading and this one shocked me as something that detracts from what I envisioned.

I think the comments about the viewing area being very sunny are also valid. Wasn't there supposed to be a fountain that kids could play in at the park? I don't recall seeing it working the last time I visited.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789