Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

"Disney Channel Rocks" Much better Show

The new "Disney Channel Rocks" show is an improvement from HSM-3. It is a fun 15 minute show on the WOC area (The Yellow Wet zone rises up to make a stage). They use the fountains as a backdrop and sing short versions of the Disney Channel songs. It starts and ends with Camp Rock, covers Hanna Forever, Cheetah Girls, Jonas LA, Shake it Up, Star Struck, and Jump In?....

It can be viewed by several hundred people without crowding, and there is no Gangsta Mickey or gang beat downs like in the horrible Disney Dance Crew. They use the same excellent dancers as Dance crew and some from HSM-3. but with a Positive Image and better arrangements.

It is a Wonderful improvement.

• Goofy

Re: "Disney Channel Rocks" Much better Show

no thanks lol.

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

I disagree. Anything made by "Have a Laugh" productions on Disney Channel is just horrible. This show basically supports those shows. I prefer classic and rare new Disney cartoons.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• Minion

Wow..... that stage is absolutely horrible! How does this show fit with the Victorian theme? Disgusting!

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

surprisingly... I really like it.

Much better than Disney Dance Crew

• keh!

i'll pass. i can't stand that disney channel sugary garbage.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Not thrilled about listening to a bunch of theme songs from team teen Disney.

And this is the type of project that they thought should be priviledged to be first to use the the WoC fountains during the daytime? Really? Looking forward to hearing some more reviews on this. I'm just a little skeptical on this . . . . the OP just sounds a little too much like some twisted press release from disney. A rising stage and using the fountain are a little flashy, but the show just can't be that much of an improvement over the previous HSM 1, 2, 3 show that were on the portable stage. Like I said, it will be interesting to see how others feel about the show.

• Dream in wonderful color!

A few more pictures of today's debut show from MintCrocodile's blog:

The stage

- Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

• Minion

Does anyone have any idea how the set piece will be moved before World of Color, as it is quite large?

• Wilderness Explorer

I'm glad the show is of better quality than HSM3 (but that's not saying much). However...

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    Wow..... that stage is absolutely horrible! How does this show fit with the Victorian theme? Disgusting!
    ...I agree with disneylandfan95.
    This seems like a huge step backwards in their push for a new well-themed DCA.
    The look and feel of this show is nothing like what we'd see at a Victorian boardwalk sort of place.

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

I think this show might be great to watch because WOC fountains is incorporated into the show.

The 1st picture shown above is not crisp and clear. That is why most of you guys think the stage is horrible.

Once someone post a video and a better quality picture, you guys might change your mind.

I will be there to watch the show in person and record it once I am finished with Final by next week.

EDIT: After looking at pictures taken by mintcrod I do have to say this is of better quality than the one that is shown over in Walt Disney World
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

^ Good luck. I hope your brains don't explode from listening to 5 seconds of "The Best of Both Worlds".

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• Banned User

So I just saw the show twice today and I have very mixed emotions about the show.

To say I hate the show would be hypocritical of me. There is no doubt, the show is an honest to good effort. The stage was really big. There is lighting equipment on either side of the small mini stages. There is a healthy number of performers. It really is impressive. The use of the fountains is well done, and the show's values are really good. For the first time in a very, very long while, I congratulate Disney on great execution. It's really hard to bash the show for its set-up. The show is fantastic at doing what it does (the very opposite of C!RAP).

Saying that, this is money really spent in the wrong direction. The theme of the show kills any sense of atmosphere that area of Paradise Pier once had. My biggest issue was that the park plays Radio Disney in the very short 35 minutes between each show. So guests walking by can listen to the loud obnoxious ringing of Miley Cyrus singing "Jingle Bell Rock". The park really had no business doing that in between. The obvious issue with the show is the concept. I really just don't like the music, the costuming, and the overall concept. It really is a huge step back in theming.

Some other nit-picky notes are that only the far left platform is used, but the middle platform was also visible (this is probably unrelated to the show). The bigger problem was was that the left platform didn't submerge between shows, an eyesore most certainly.

Some random things I liked was how wide angled the show was with performers on the stage, just below the stage, and on either side of the water play ground. I also liked the rising platforms. And I liked the timing of the fountains (only the ending and opening).

So the show is a step in the right direction in some categories. The execution is great but the concept needs a lot of work. I am very impressed at how versatile of a entertainment location Paradise Parks serves for shows. I can totally picture some seriously awesome entertainment offerings coming later on. I have pics and videos on their way but might not be up for a while as I am going back for WoC tonight. At the same time, the park needs to re-assess how they are approaching Paradise Pier. Seriously Disney, finish your dinner. Fix the shop facades, and drop these modern shows.
    Last edited by Ice101; 11-26-2010 at 05:30 PM.

• Disney Fan & Musician

Huge move back, after they were trying to make Paradise Pier more classy, but an honest attempt that was well executed.
    Last edited by MatterhornJ; 11-26-2010 at 05:23 PM.
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

Quote Originally Posted by MatterhornJ View Post
    Huge move back, after they were trying to make Paradise Pier more classy.
    totally agree...

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast