Our first time at Disneyland during the holidays - need your advice!

Hi all! We're going to be at Disneyland/CA the first week of December, and we're very excited to see it during the holiday season! I have some questions:

- I have seen that they have the "Winter Enchantment Holiday Lighting" going on several times a night - how crowded does that get? How far ahead should we be sitting there to get a decent spot? Where's the best place to see this?

- for the fireworks, we always seem to wait way too long to get to the fireworks area and then we can't find a place at all. I'd love it if we actually were somewhere closer, but it seems like people start lining up REALLY far ahead! Does anyone have any tips on this? And I would LOVE to know your favorite places to sit for the fireworks!

- Can you suggest any holiday experiences at DL/CA that we shouldn't miss? For instance, I heard that the reindeer & Santa was at Big Thunder Ranch, but am not even sure how to get there? Is it just past BTMR? Or is the parade great? Does Santa pop up anywhere else (other than on a float)?

thanks so much!
    Rebecca

• Shifting cargo

Re: Our first time at Disneyland during the holidays - need your advice!

I have the same exact questions as you do, and I'm a redhead too

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by redheadmomma View Post
    Hi all! We're going to be at Disneyland/CA the first week of December, and we're very excited to see it during the holiday season! I have some questions:

- I have seen that they have the "Winter Enchantment Holiday Lighting" going on several times a night - how crowded does that get? How far ahead should we be sitting there to get a decent spot? Where's the best place to see this?
    The Wintertime Enchantement is really easy to see. Since there are 2, I would recommend seeing the first one on Main Street, but make sure you are looking at the castle. It's really nice from down there and the snow on Main Street is the best! I would recommend seeing the 2nd one of the night from right in front of the Castle. Also, you just have to get there when it starts because nobody really camps out for the Wintertime Enchantment.

- for the fireworks, we always seem to wait way too long to get to the fireworks area and then we can't find a place at all. I'd love it if we actually were somewhere closer, but it seems like people start lining up REALLY far ahead! Does anyone have any tips on this? And I would LOVE to know your favorite places to sit for the fireworks!
    Well we love love love fireworks! If you don't want to camp out for very long, then I would recommend going to the 2nd Wintertime Enchantment in front of the castle and then grabbing a spot on the curb or street immediately after the Wintertime Enchantment is over. That way you can still grab a good spot! If you want a bench in front of the castle, you have to be willing to grab it immediately after the Christmas parade passes that area at around 6pm.

- Can you suggest any holiday experiences at DL/CA that we shouldn't miss? For instance, I heard that the reindeer & Santa was at Big Thunder Ranch, but am not even sure how to get there? Is it just past BTMR? Or is the parade great? Does Santa pop up anywhere else (other than on a float)?

thanks so much!
    Rebecca
    Definitely go on Small World Holiday and Haunted Mansion Holiday. I would also recommend the Wintertime Enchantment, Believe in Holiday Magic Fireworks, and A Christmas Fantasy Parade.

Big Thunder Ranch is on the trail between Big Thunder Mountain and Fantasyland. If you are by facing Dumbo with your back to the castle, make a left past the Casey Jr. Station, and keep going. On your left will be the Village Haus Restaurant and some bathrooms. There is a wooden gate just past the bathrooms. The gate leads you to Frontierland and Big Thunder Ranch will be on your right hand side!

I definitely recommend the parade. It's really great and fun and the music will play through your head all day! Santa only makes 1 appearance and that is on the final float.

Hope that helps and I hope you have a wonderful visit!

Quote Originally Posted by redheadmomma View Post

thanks so much!
    Rebecca
    I find Town Square (The area immediately in front of the Main Street Train Station to be a really good place to watch the fireworks and generally easy to find a reasonable spot. You can see the castle and the fireworks from the point of view they were designed for. You won't see any great detail on the castle, but for last minute spot grabbing it's a good spot.

Please remember though, there are people who have waited longer than you for a good spot, don't stand in front of someone who was already there...especially if you're tall like me.

disneylandfan95 has great advice. I visited on opening weekend for the holiday season and pretty much have the same thoughts. If you only can see the parade once, I would suggest the evening one. The floats look pretty all lit up.

Have a fabulous time!