Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Ever like to see if you can fool first timer in your party with fake DLR trivia?

I admit, I have... my favorite was w/ a friend who while not a first timer at DL, had never actually been on the Haunted Mansion. Our conversation went like this:

Me (as we are walking into the elevaor):You know.. they say that sometimes you can see the ghost of Walt Disney wandering this ride.
    Her:REALLY!?
    Me:No
    Her:You're a jerk, you know that?

Anyone else have similar pranks?

• Awaken the spirits

Re: Ever like to see if you can fool first timer in your party with fake DLR trivia?

That's obviously fake, the ghost of Walt Disney doesn't wander around the ride! He's one of the singing busts.

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

Re: Ever like to see if you can fool first timer in your party with fake DLR trivia?

Actually both Walt and Roy Disney were cryogenically preserved by WDI and later imagineered into Audio-Animatronic figures at DCA. Want proof?

• Halloween 2011

Why? Especially when there's so much misinformation that is passed of as fact already? (ie gold spike being the center of Disneyland - it isn't; Walt frozen - he wasn't; colorblind tractor driver - made up; etc)

• Nutty about Disney parks

Um...no. I would find it stupid and degrading to do that to a first timer who's an adult.

Same goes with children though I guess in a way you could distort the Disney facts a little so they would find them more intriguing and magical...for the sake of the park experience...but I wouldnt push fake trivia on anyone for the sake of humor.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Minion

My cousin told our whole family who doesn't know any Disneyland trivia or rumors on a family reunion to Disneyland that Princess and the Frog was going to be added to Splash Mountain
    Being a Disneyland fan and Micechatter, I immediately disproved him
    I sort of regret doing it now that this thread came up
    It would have been totally funny to watch my family fall for something they have no idea about

Another story is a woman told us that the skeleton in the bed on POTC was a real skeleton, but me nor my mom believed her

• Disney Fan & Musician

I do believe Walt is in the park..
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

Quote Originally Posted by dougeebear View Post
    Why? Especially when there's so much misinformation that is passed of as fact already? (ie gold spike being the center of Disneyland - it isn't; Walt frozen - he wasn't; colorblind tractor driver - made up; etc)
    I've seen/heard numerous reports straight from Disney saying that the golden spike IS the center of Disneyland, the most recent being 'Behind the Scenes: Disneyland' which is available to watch instantly on netflix. I assumed that it's no longer the center, since so many things have been added, but I figured it once was?

as for making up Disney facts, I find it's much more effective when you tell people the true facts, because it's much more awe inspiring. I loved my first trip with my boyfriend, because with every tidbit I told him about the plants in tomorrowland or what walt felt about certain attractions, I could see him falling more in love with the place.

telling someone something fake reminds them they aren't in reality, instead of making them feel like it's magically possible.

•   
    • Minion

[QUOTE=Another story is a woman told us that the skeleton in the bed on POTC was a real skeleton, but me nor my mom believed her[/QUOTE]

When the ride opened they did use real skeletons. You can see the story here.According to the page there could still be some bones but who knows.

Fun Facts of Disneyland's Pirates of the Caribbean

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

I thought that the only real skeleton was the skull on the headboard on pirates above the skeleton in the bed with the magnifying glass. It was a present to Walt from someone.
    @ Sosai X. Then why do they go by the names Statler and Waldorf? Plus, Roy dies after the show was made but those AAs have always been there with the show.
    Last edited by CaptainEO,ATIS; 11-28-2010 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• Minion of Chernabog

Here are some rather good ones I read in a book that Cast Members used to tell, and just examples of sheer stupidity.

(referring to the Matterhorn) "It's nice they found a mountain to build a theme park around"

(referring to the lagoon for the 20,000 leagues ride) "Is that real water?" "No, it's just cellophane with fans underneath"

(it was raining) "Is this rain real?" "No, Walt has arranged to have it rain every day at 3 O'clock"

(after getting stuck on Adventures Through Inner Space) "Does this mean we'll be stuck in inner space forever?"
    The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing - Walt Disney

Shut up and get to work - Me

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit King View Post
    (after getting stuck on Adventures Through Inner Space) "Does this mean we'll be stuck in inner space forever?"
    XD I would love that!

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by littlemoon View Post
    I've seen/heard numerous reports straight from Disney saying that the golden spike IS the center of Disneyland, the most recent being 'Behind the Scenes: Disneyland' which is available to watch instantly on netflix. I assumed that it's no longer the center, since so many things have been added, but I figured it once was?

as for making up Disney facts, I find it's much more effective when you tell people the true facts, because it's much more awe inspiring. I loved my first trip with my boyfriend, because with every tidbit I told him about the plants in tomorrowland or what walt felt about certain attractions, I could see him falling more in love with the place.

telling someone something fake reminds them they aren't in reality, instead of making them feel like it's magically possible.
    I just watched that yesterday, so I'm not sure what to believe on the golden spike issue. As far as why do it? C'mon, you know ribbing a friend is fun. I do always like to tell real trivia and factoids as well, that's just my favorite little prank joke I've used.

• Time tells the truth.

We had a friend convinced that the upstairs loading of Tower of Terror was for those who wanted to stand during the ride, like being in a real elevator. She totally bought it.

When I was a kid my aunt had convinced me that the Matterhorn had a slow button. I was too afraid to ride it but she assured me that I could push the slow button. I believed it for years, until I got a little older and wasn't afraid to ride it then I realized she had totally lied to me!!

• Banned User

^ Ha ha, when I was a kid, the drops om Pirates scared me, so my Dad told me the rule at Disneyland is you have to ride PotC first, or else you aren't allowed on other rides. So, I just braved it for the sake of getting to go on rides I wanted to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast