Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Should Disney make an Oswald the Lucky Rabbit Attraction?

So I was recently watching some 'making of' videos on YouTube for the new Epic Mickey game. They have it in a advertisement at the top of the screen if you go there now. And it was really interesting learning more about the story of the game and whatnot.

Basically, a large part of the story revolves around 'forgotten Disney characters', the primary one of which is Oswald the Lucky Rabbit. In the game, we find that Oswald is actually Mickey's big brother and he looks at Mickey as having the life and fame he never got to have. You should watch the videos if you want to see more.

But it got me thinking ... would or should Disney start integrating Oswald into the parks more? I was just at Downtown Disney and saw some collectible pieces featuring Oswald and Walt. Apparently Disney bought back the rights to Oswald in 2006 but just hasn't done much with him yet. But now with Oswald appearing to make a comeback, what do you guys think would or should happen with him? Should he become another costumed character in the park? Maybe should some of the original Oswald cartoons be showcased along with the Mickey cartoons in the Main Street Theater? Should Oswald be one of the characters on the boat at the end of Fantasmic! ? Or should he maybe even get his own attraction or ride? ... Which come to think of it ... while Mickey certainly has attractions featuring him, he doesn't really have a ride of his own in any of the parks, nor do any of the main Disney characters... hmm, why is that?

So what do you guys think? How far should Oswald be integrated back into the Disney family, and what would you guys want to see or not want to see?
    Words any Disney fan and especially Disney employee should live by:

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."
    -Walt Disney

"Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    -Walt Disney

"I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
    -Walt Disney

"We did it, Disneyland, in the knowledge that most of the people I talked to thought it would be a financial disaster - closed and forgotten within the first year."
    -Walt Disney

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."
    -Walt Disney

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Re: Should Disney make an Oswald the Lucky Rabbit Attraction?

I want him to get a ride in Toontown. It would help with the crowding and help bring down the lines for Roger and Gadget. I would not however want to see another Meet N Greet. Those things are taking up all the space in Disneyland that could be used for good E-Tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• Banned User

With the remodel of DCA to be after L.A. from the time period Walt arrived there, I think an Oswald ride would be appropriate there. The trick is getting people interested in a character that pretty much only big Disney buffs really know of. I do think it would be cool if they cycled some Oswald shorts into the Main Street Cinema as well.

• The 'Big Dreams' Kid

Honestly, no one would really know who he is, and it wouldn't be a hit.

• What Time Taught Us

Quote Originally Posted by dmtnt55 View Post
    I have no idea who the heck Mr. Toad is, but I still enjoy the ride.

I think an Oswald attraction could work in Toontown, or really any kind of early Disney cartoons themed attraction. I just really like the idea of the whole ride being in black and white.

• Vroom, vroom!

I would check out any oswald attraction that they would throw at me.
    I am Scary Scott,
    Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
    I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
    Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
    Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Scary: your post is dripping something. Tastes like sarcasm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karalora View Post
    This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
    Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)
    Anyhow, check out my profile on fimfiction.net I'm Phoenix Quill there.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

I would have to think about it for a bit, Oswald could work, but there would have to be something major to reintroduce him (like a film or a cartoon short), I don't know how well Epic Mickey will go.

Timekeeper
    Now the Tower of Sauron has fallen
    Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Well I think if they can shove "Duffy the Bear" down our throats, they can certainly find a way to introduce Oswald to a new generation.
    Words any Disney fan and especially Disney employee should live by:

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."
    -Walt Disney

"Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    -Walt Disney

"I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
    -Walt Disney

"We did it, Disneyland, in the knowledge that most of the people I talked to thought it would be a financial disaster - closed and forgotten within the first year."
    -Walt Disney

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."
    -Walt Disney

• Minion of Chernabog

This could be interesting. I might have to do some armchair Imagineering.
    The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing - Walt Disney

Shut up and get to work - Me

My Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/130606029@N05/

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Quote Originally Posted by dmtnt55 View Post
    (cough, cough) Splash Mountain (cough, cough) Gadget's Go Coaster (cough, cough) Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin (cough, cough)...

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• The 'Big Dreams' Kid

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEO,ATIS View Post
    (cough, cough) Splash Mountain (cough, cough) Gadget's Go Coaster (cough, cough) Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin (cough, cough)...
    Aw come on, I know all of em!

• Future Imagineer

I would vote for an Epic Mickey ride w/ Oswald as your "host"
    Met Anna and Elsa over 600 times and not afraid to admit it. Just let it go

My YouTube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThomasTheImagineer

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

They would have to be very detailed and creative with the ride to keep people interested, they would have to go the rounds of trying to push it to be a instant classic.

This day in age though things tend to die off on popularity much quicker. ;(

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEO,ATIS View Post

Gadget's Go Coaster and Roger Rabbit were both made when their respective shows/movies were big at the time, and Splash Mountain's main selling point was a big drop, not Song of the South. Oswald hasn't been a part of Disney since like, the 1930's. Huge difference as far as popularity upon launch.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

In Toon Town sure...anywhere else no thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast