• Mischievous Mouse

How do you survive the countdown to your trip? Especially around Christmas?!!

Ok, so here I am, 13 days to go and I'm starting to become effervescent. Christmas time is usually an exiting time of year for us, the kids are grown so there is not the mass hytseria around the tree any more, nope, those days are gone. But we usually decorate, and enjoy the "time" of year. This year we are not decorating nearly as much and not tree until we return.

But this year, it's all out-shadowed by our trip, and I'm really coming un-glued as the calendar closes in on December 12th. This time it's going to be ...The Happiest Place on Earth at The Happest Time on Earth!!

<--- me

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• genie stole my BBQ

Re: How do you survive the countdown to your trip? Especially around Christmas?!!

I agree, my wife and I are going bonkers waiting for Dec. 9th. it's been 3 years since the last trip. On top of that we're taking one person who has never been and another who's making the trek back after 25+ years. Our youngest is beside himself with the countdown and reminds us at least 10 times a day. His rationale is once it's night time we are another day closer. Another first is our first time during the Christmas season. [take breath here]

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Future Disney CM and WDI

Re: How do you survive the countdown to your trip? Especially around Christmas?!!

Alas, I must wait another 349days until my next trip...

1. Disneyland 1997;
    2. Disneyland Resort 2008; 3. Hong Kong Disneyland 2009; 4. Disneyland Resort 2009; 5. Disneyland Resort 2010; 6. WaltDisneyWorld Resort 2011; 7. Disney Cruise Lines 2011 - Disney Dream; 8. Disneyland Resort 2011; 9. Disneyland Resort 2012; 10. WaltDisneyWorld Resort 2012; 11. Disney Cruise Lines 2012 - Disney Fantasy; ?. Tokyo Disney Resort; ?. Disneyland Paris

• Mischievous Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by pbchief2 View Post
    Another first is our first time during the Christmas season. [take breath here]
    yep first for us at Christmas time too!

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney