AP Annual Payment Question?

Sorry if this has been answered before- but I searched here and the Disneyland web site and couldn't locate a definitive answer to the following:

I understand that if I buy an AP online with the monthly payment plan, that the payments will begin immediately. However, what happens if I don't visit the parks for 6 months, to "start the clock" on the AP? For instance, I buy the AP with payment plan tomorrow (Dec 1), but my first visit to the parks is not until June 1. Do my 12 annual payments commence Dec 1 and end next Dec 1, while my AP would be vaild from June 1 2011- June 1 2012? So in essence, I'd have zero monthly payments for the last 6 months my AP was valid? I'm assuming this is how it works, but wanted to check w/ those in the know to be sure.

Re: AP Annual Payment Question?

I don't think you can buy an AP online with Payments... Or at least I wasn't able to in July. Unless you're talking about mailing in AP agreement form. I think it would start the day of first uses because if you would of paid in full they would wait it out. My suggestion would be to save the money yourself and buy it in 6 months. No sense it giving them your hard earned money early

• Still lost in Neverland

Ap's purchased at the Parks is the best way to go. Think about when your Paychecks come in (or whatever money you get comes in) and when you go in 6 months, pick a day or two after that money is deposited and then get the pass. That day will be the day they ding your Debit Card or Credit Card every month. If you use a Credit Card then just make sure the balance on the card will cover the monthly payment. I would wait the 6 months. You don't need to get a card and pay for it if you are not going to be using it for 6 months. The card expires the month you buy the card not from your first visit after buying it. If you pay gate admission that day because you don't have the pass, then just tell the Ticket person that you are going to buy an AP that day on the monthly payment plan and they will give you proof of payment for entry and that money will be applied to the total cost of the card. Any Disney Gift Card can also be applied.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

If you are renewing the pass it will keep the same exp. date and just gain a year. If you are buying it new it will expire one year from the first use (just check the date before you leave the pass center). Either way the payments WILL start right away and may even occur later that day. While the one response is correct on the monthly payment date being the day you sign (or electronically sign) the contract. This statement "If you pay gate admission that day because you don't have the pass, then just tell the Ticket person that you are going to buy an AP that day on the monthly payment plan and they will give you proof of payment for entry and that money will be applied to the total cost of the card." is a little incorrect.

You don't have to tell the ticket person you are going in to buy a pass on the monthly payment plan and get proof of purchase. You can buy the pass on contract at the ticket booth. They will give you a temporary paper pass to use and at some point during the day you can stop by the pass center for a picture. You dont have to buy a ticket and upgrade it inside; you can do the whole process except the picture at the ticket booths or online.

If you have more questions I recommend calling Guest SERVICES who operate the ticketing phone line at 714-781-4400.