Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Banned User

Re: Big Thunder Mountain goat in Tangled and possible idea for a Tangled ride.

I'm up for a Tangled attraction, and I'd rather see this, over a Tinker Bell attraction going into the Motorboat Cruise Area.

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Quote Originally Posted by MainStreetJake View Post
    I'm up for a Tangled attraction, and I'd rather see this, over a Tinker Bell attraction going into the Motorboat Cruise Area.
    This. Although I have yet to see Tangled, I do agree with you. Tangled seems to better fit the aesthetics of Fantasyland, the whole European village look. Tinker Bell has her very popular home down the way in Pixie Hollow and that, IMO, should be the extent of her. Fantasyland already has a heavy British influence with Peter Pan, Toad Hall, and the Alice rides all right next to one another. With Snow White and even the Matterhorn, you see more of a Bavarian influence and with Pinnochio you get the Italian village. A Tangled ride in the old Motorboat area could not only maintain the more foresty look of the area, but also extend out the village theme of Fantasyland there and maybe one day help extend the village to a little French village for Belle (like what WDW is getting) where the Fantasyland theatre currently is (haha we can all dream can't we)

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I'd rather see a Fantasia boat ride. A journey through vignettes and various scenes paired with classical music.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by rage View Post
    Thanks for the Spoiler -_-
    It's not a spoiler..

• Artistic integrity

Hey ... whatever happened with that rumor about a Tinkerbell dark ride in the Motor Boat Cruise for 2013??

Or did Rapunzel give Tink a whack with her hair .. and throw Tink out of her future Disneyland home?

Well ... ever since Al mentioned that ... I thought .... Focus belongs on Tomorrowland, and Frontierland. Motor Boat Cruise area should be third on the priority list.

This is probably an obvious homage and not sure if it's considered an easter egg but the scene where Rapunzel asks Mother Gothel to see the floating lanterns for the first time, she is holding an apple. In reference to the Queen in Snow White, very fitting.

I think I like this film more than TS3.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

You know what? When I saw the film and saw that goat, my first thought was the Big Thunder goat, but as stated by a previous poster, because he wasn't chewing dynamite I dismissed it. That's pretty hysterical.

There are definitely Easter eggs in this film. Of course there's the Disneyland architecture...and I have to say, because the animators used Fantasyland buildings, it leaves even more potential for more than just a Meet and Greet (and now that I think of it, it was pretty clever of Disney to stick the tower right next to Pinnochio!). There's a spinning wheel in Rapunzel's tower, and looks just like the one in Sleeping Beauty. There's probably more, but I need to go watch the movie again.

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I'd rather see a Fantasia boat ride. A journey through vignettes and various scenes paired with classical music.
    I highly doubt this will ever come to fruition. It was a concept for Animal Kingdom at one point...for Beastly Kingdom. And after all these years, Disney has been blatantly ignoring that whole concept. Shame, too, as Animal Kingdom could really use it...

The point is, as long as the people making the decisions at Disney are only focused on using the parks as franchises, we will never see Fantasia attractions (while there's a new Blu-Ray/DVD release, the ship has mostly sailed for franchising this film), or original and creative concepts for Beastly Kingdom, in a Disney Park.

But Tangled? Well...the film is doing pretty darn well. More so than Disney had initially thought it would. It's booted Harry Potter out of the #1 spot domestically, and is also doing quite well overseas (it's still not released everywhere yet). This is the first big win for Disney Animation in a long time, without Pixar. And the merchandise is selling well too, at least from what I've seen. I'd go so far as to say that Disney might have even underestimated the public's demand for merchandise for this film as well. People seem to be eagerly getting Flynn dolls, not just Rapunzel ones.

The Motorboat Cruise area would be a great place to make some sort of Rapunzel boat ride...I'm not quite sure how much WDI could expand on that idea, though. I don't think something in the vein of a classic Fantasyland dark ride would be good, as the movie is driven more by a mixture of moments between characters and a few action sequences. Great for a movie? Yes! Great as a guideline for a ride?...not so much. It would have to be a much more simple attraction with the lanterns as the focal point.

The second I saw this goat I instantly thought... "BIG THUNDER GOAT!!!!!" As soon as the movie was over I asked my boyfriend: "Did you see the Big Thunder Goat????" His answer was no...... Now I know I'm not the only one who saw the goat and knew which goat it was!!! I really loved this little park homage
    Visit my Flickr!

Zip a dee doo dah, zip a dee a! My oh my what a wonderful day! Plenty of sunshine heading my way, Zip a dee doo dah, Zip a dee a!

I wanna go back....... I will miss you until next time Disneyland

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12