Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Big Thunder Mountain goat in Tangled and possible idea for a Tangled ride.

Did anyone else realize that the goat in the snuggly duckling was the same goat on Big Thunder? As soon as I saw it I knew that it was the same goat. Then I saw this interview with Zachary Levi and Mandy Moore and Zack pretty much confirmed it. Anyone else catch any hidden easter eggs?

Mandy Moore & Zachary Levi Get ‘Tangled’ — Exclusive Interview! | Jared Eng, Mandy Moore, Zachary Levi : Just Jared

By the way, loooooved the movie. I'm hoping they put some sort of attraction at Disneyland. (other than the meet and greet) Maybe convert the old Fantasyland boat attraction site into a Tangled floatiing lanterns boat ride. I don't know how big the site is, but it would make a great tunnel of love/dark ride hybrid.

• Banned User

Re: Big Thunder Mountain goat in Tangled and possible idea for a Tangled ride.

No.

• Metal Head loves Disney

Thanks for the Spoiler -_-
    Most recent Disney trip - 06/25/11

Marketing Manger of InCinderated Enterprises
    Last Man Standing in the M&F Parking Lot of the RCMC

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

It's not really a spoiler.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Metal Head loves Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    It's not really a spoiler.
    Well it spoiled it for me at least.
    Most recent Disney trip - 06/25/11

Marketing Manger of InCinderated Enterprises
    Last Man Standing in the M&F Parking Lot of the RCMC

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

You mean the old Motorboat Cruise lagoon? I agree a boat ride does need to go there. It's kinda dissapointing how they turned a ride into a smoking area. Kinda like what they did with Mission to Mars into a restaurant. Or the Country Bear Jamboree into Poo(h).

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• Future Cast Member

I haven't seen Tangled, but I love the Big Thunder Mountain goat.

If you mean replace Storybookland Canals, then I'm definitely against it. It shares the area with Casey, Jr. Circus Train, so then both attractions would have to be removed, and both are classics that Walt Disney was involved in creating. They're also great attractions. It would be nice to have a new attraction in the Motorboat Cruise Lagoon, though, if that's what you meant.

• Banned User

Havent seen the movie yet but I only good things. The idea sounds fine, but the observation I notice is there is always a discussion on boards like these how Disney is too focused on toons and characters to create attractions. But the second a movie come out, there is a dozen ideas how they can build a new ride or show around it lol. Not a big deal, just making the point maybe Disney has more of a pulse on this then we like to think and at the end of the day people really do want a Tron/Tangled/PATF rides and shows to experience vs people who dont. But I guess most its just about a better balance.

But sure, bring on a Tangled ride, at least its in FL and would add to the theme of the place.

Quote Originally Posted by roypar View Post
    Did anyone else realize that the goat in the snuggly duckling was the same goat on Big Thunder? As soon as I saw it I knew that it was the same goat. Then I saw this interview with Zachary Levi and Mandy Moore and Zack pretty much confirmed it. Anyone else catch any hidden easter eggs?

Mandy Moore & Zachary Levi Get ‘Tangled’ — Exclusive Interview! | Jared Eng, Mandy Moore, Zachary Levi : Just Jared
    For a second, Big Thunder was the first thing that came to my mind when that goat appeared. But since he was not chewing on a stick of dynamite, I just passed it off as just any other goat. Zachary does mention it in the interview, but he states "...I’m pretty positive it’s an homage to that goat, I’m almost positive". So I wouldn't say that Zachary confirmed it, because it seems like no one came up to him and told him that it was in fact the same goat. By that statement, it is more like he is just making an assumption.

• Yeah.....

One of the buildings in the background when they're inside the kingdom is an exact replica of a part of Pinocchio's facade in Fantasyland. It's a little porch with a stained glass window in a green diamond pattern wood frame. My friend I was with in the theater recognized it instantly because she works in FL. We went into the park immediately after to check it out, and it was unmistakeable.

• keh!

i'd have to watch it again. when i saw the goat, i just thought "goat." lol, not big thunder goat. i'm not a disney freak where i see a tree at the park i'm like "omg! grandmother willow!" or "omg the gummi bears' home!" (i tease)

i read somewhere that Disney animation actually used Disneylands fantasyland facades as inspirations for osme of the village scenery in the movie

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid112 View Post
    No.
    i agree no ride for tangled
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattșoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

Yeah, I ment the Motorboat Cruise Lagoon. I only mentioned a Tangled ride because the movie has some of the most beautiful set pieces in any Disney animated movie. Rapunzel's tower, the castle, The Snuggly duckling, and especially the floating lanterns. But, I wouldn't be surprised if Paris or Tokyo decide to make a ride for Tangled. The floating lanterns are reminiscent of something you'd see in a Miyazaki film and if there's one park that could do it justice it's Tokyo. I also have a feeling Tangled is going to be huge in Japan and most of Europe. Paris is building a Ratatouille ride, so it also wouldn't surprise me if one of the overseas parks creates one for Tangled. I'm just disappointed that we keep getting Pixar rides, which don't have the same musical and fantasy elements of a Disney fairy tale. Pirates, Haunted Mansion, and all of the Fantasyland rides all have great musical numbers accompanying you through the ride. The Pixar rides feel incomplete because they lack the iconic musical soundtrack.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    i read somewhere that Disney animation actually used Disneylands fantasyland facades as inspirations for osme of the village scenery in the movie
    There's a small section in the Art of Tangled book that features some of the research photographs taken at Disneyland. The filmmakers were huge fans of the park and disney films and they wanted this to fit alongside very well. Too bad the title doesn't fit well but the movie is great.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast