Disney Channel Rocks Debuts in Paradise Park (w/ WOC Fountains)

From the Disney Parks Blog Post:

Last Friday, “Disney Channel Rocks,” a new rock-concert style show featuring performers who dance and sing live to music from Disney Channel shows and movies, debuted along Paradise Bay in Disney California Adventure park.
    The 17-minute show includes parts of 12 songs, such as “Camp Rock,” “High School Musical,” “Cheetah Girls One World” and “Jump In,” movies as well as T.V. shows “Shake It Up” and “Hannah Montana.”
    There's also a video of the hyped up stage show which appears to takes place along the side of Paradise Bay and uses the fountains from World of Color behind the stage.

This is the first time a stage show is using the fountains from “World of Color” as a backdrop and an additional element for a daytime show. The fountains shoot up to 200 feet in the air and definitely amp up the fun.
    I'm going to admit it. I know a lot of you here on MiceChat are not fans of Disney Channel, but I am. I enjoy DCOMs (Disney Channel Original Movies) and I enjoy Hannah Montana. However, I'm still a bit hesitant to embrace a show like this at DCA along the bay because I don't understand how it fits thematically with the vision that Paradise Pier is a Victorian style amusement park. To me, it doesn't fit the theme. I'll reserve judgment until I see it.

I do embrace the idea of having a stage show in the area, but I also have mixed feelings about reusing the infrastructure from World of Color - it seems to me that part of the "magic" of World of Color should be that it appears from the bay only at night. But maybe that's just me.

What do you think?

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Re: Disney Channel Rocks Debuts in Paradise Park (w/ WOC Fountains)

We already have a thread discussing this:
    "Disney Channel Rocks" Much better Show

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    We already have a thread discussing this:
    "Disney Channel Rocks" Much better Show
    I'm obviously not doing this on purpose - how do i prevent double threading? I used the search function to search for threads about Disney Channel Rocks and it pulled up NOTHING - any suggestions so I'm not doing this any more in the future?

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Don't worry, the moderators will take care of it. Usually what I do to avoid a duplicate thread is browse through page 1-4 for current events, 9 times out of 10 you will find it. In this case the other thread was on page 2.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyContinent View Post
    I'm going to admit it. I know a lot of you here on MiceChat are not fans of Disney Channel, but I am. I enjoy DCOMs (Disney Channel Original Movies) and I enjoy Hannah Montana. However, I'm still a bit hesitant to embrace a show like this at DCA along the bay because I don't understand how it fits thematically with the vision that Paradise Pier is a Victorian style amusement park. To me, it doesn't fit the theme. I'll reserve judgment until I see it.

I do embrace the idea of having a stage show in the area, but I also have mixed feelings about reusing the infrastructure from World of Color - it seems to me that part of the "magic" of World of Color should be that it appears from the bay only at night. But maybe that's just me.

What do you think?
    I'm neither a fan of today's Disney Channel nor TDA's incessant use of the DLR as a blatant marketing platform for pitching Disney brands to their theme park audience.

That aside, I gotta say kudos to DisneyContinent for a very thoughtful and well-written post!

(And no worries about the duplicate thread; the forum's search engine isn't yet up after the recent forum update. As Seawolf said, this thread will be merged with the previous thread.)
    Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 11-30-2010 at 02:13 PM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    I gotta say kudos to DisneyContinent for a very thoughtful and well-written post!
    Aw shucks! Thanks Mr Wiggins!