Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Disney/Anime/Furry Fan

Have you ever been mistaken as a Cast Member before?

Well I did. During my last visit to Disneyland back in summer of 2010. I was wearing my Disneyland Hoodie and wearing my Indy hat. Since my Mom wanted rest her legs outside of IJA. I took upon the single rider line many times. At one point when I waited near Indy's office behind the safety spiel film room. A guest asked a question of what is the height for children to ride to me as if I was working there since I was standing in front of them. Dude, there are many signs about Indy of how tall should children ride. It's 46 cm, it's even on the park map! Anyway, I replied saying "46 cm." Then she said "Do you work here?" I nodded my head: "No." Then the line proceeded to move and after that it's my turn to move and I went to the elevator and enjoyed my ride.

• Dept. 41 and Club 55

Re: Have you ever been mistaken as a Cast Member before?

I've heard that in the past, Ed Grier and Godfather Iger have been asked that same question when they are at Disneyland. Their response is always the same: NO.

• Disney Fan & Musician

No, but people always think I work at H&M for some reason. O_O
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

• no flash photography...

No, but cm's often think I'm a tourist. I'm not sure why. Maybe because I'm pleasant to them.

• =)

I don't think that's ever happened to me...

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I have had this happen a few times and not just at Disney. I am not really sure why as I am not wearing anything that I would think should indicate employment. Had it happen this past week while waiting to pick up some food at a restaurant.

Usually about once a trip to Walt Disney World, I am having a casual "Where are you from, how's your day" little chat with a Cast Member when I am then asked what attraction I work.

The dumbest was once at Target when I was working at the Disney Store. I had left work and was still in my uniform, the red button-up shirt and black pants compared to Target's red shirt and khakis. A little girl, about three, sees the Mickey emblem and, while pointing, exclaims "Mickey!" I just smile and wave. Her mother then comes to me and starts asking question about where items could be found in the store. I told her I that I did not know and that I was not a Target employee and she gave me the dirtiest look.

• Batman with a Gun

Bel Air, California, United States, United States

About to board a boat on the Jungle Cruise, I was chatting up with a CM and they asked if I was a CM because I used the word "queue" instead of "line."

All those sad hours of Rollercoaster Tycoon are to blame instead.

• Metal Head loves Disney

NO, but some girls thought I worked at Pink's cause I came out of the bathroom.
    Most recent Disney trip - 06/25/11

Marketing Manger of InCinderated Enterprises
    Last Man Standing in the M&F Parking Lot of the RCMC

Not myself, but during Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party last month, some people thought my wife was THE Sally from NBC and were patiently waiting to get pictures and autographs with her!

I love this thread already..
    It happened to me twice in the same trip.
    I had a dress shirt, tie, slacks, and dress shoes on when I went to the parks. While I was in Toon Town, a frazzled mother of three or four kids frantically asked me what time Mickey was going to come out and where she could find him.
    On the tram ride back to the parking structure, a mother (who suffered from hip dysplasia) and a daughter were having trouble opening the, then, newly installed tram doors and getting inside. I assisted the mother into the tram and had a conversation with them about when and why the doors were installed. Upon reaching the parking structure, I again assisted her out of the tram and she said that I was the nicest CM she met in all of her visits. It was at that moment that I told her that I was no CM but a regular visitor just like her.

• 60 Years of Magic!

During the opening of Toy Story Midway Mania I spent a couple of days at DCA wearing credentials. During that time several people came up to me thinking I was a CM. I happily answered questions, and directed people to things in DCA, even though my over sized credentials didn't look anything like a CM name tag.

• DLR Enthusiast

It's happened to me a few times. While waiting in line for an attraction, I'd be boring my friend with a plethera of facts about the attraction we were standing in line for. On two separate occassions I was asked if I was a CM/tour guide at the resort. Was a nice Ego boost

I visit often and it is nice to talk to cast members as you would a friend, rather than someone who in there to entertain you. Cast members have asked me after a few minutes of plesent converstiion.

Mistake Yesterday:
    I went to the Tangled meet to have Repunzel autograph a copy of an 1883 etching of my families similar story (William Tell), to send to to my Grand niece with her Christmans present (Tangled Tower). There is no Princess in William Tell.

I was asked twice by Cast members while in line for Tangled, and several guests asked directions when I walked through Tomorrowland. This was because I wore my Black Walt Disney Company shirt from the Studio that has the same "D" logo as a Disneyland cast member and carried a clipboard. I do not think I will do that again.

Cast members can easily spot another on duty cast member by the way they are dressed (no Jeans,etc.).

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    No, but cm's often think I'm a tourist. I'm not sure why. Maybe because I'm pleasant to them.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post

The dumbest was once at Target when I was working at the Disney Store. I had left work and was still in my uniform, the red button-up shirt and black pants compared to Target's red shirt and khakis. A little girl, about three, sees the Mickey emblem and, while pointing, exclaims "Mickey!" I just smile and wave. Her mother then comes to me and starts asking question about where items could be found in the store. I told her I that I did not know and that I was not a Target employee and she gave me the dirtiest look.
    Yeah, I own several red shirts and find myself being mistaken for a Target Employee at least a couple times a year...........if they ask if I work there, I always say no, but if they just assume I work there and ask other questions I have fun with it

At Disneyland I was once mistaken for a face character(Jack Sparrow).....I think the guy was drunk or something as I was not dressed up like a pirate nor do I have any kind of resemblance to the savvy swashbuckler in face or body
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Also cute and fluffy!

I haven't been mistaken for one, but I've been told by Castmembers that I should be one before!
    "Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    Walt Disney

Thanks for everything, Walt!

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good."

Follow me on twitter! - pj_campbell

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast