Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• :-)

Disney Premier Passport

‚€˜Disney Premier Passport‚€™ Unveiled ę Disney Parks Blog

So next year i'll finally be able to go to Disneyland/world whenever i want... & As im from the UK, i didn't know whether getting a premier pass would work out as saving money or just a waste? Could anyone help me out or give me some suggestions, Thanks! Oh and, Yes i'll be wanting to go alot... but i dont know how many times a year i would so i just wondered if it'd be better to just pay whenever i go or it'd be cheaper to get the premier pass as then i'd only have to pay hotel / airfare whenever i go! Just want some opinions!

• Rock Star Minion

Re: Disney Premier Passport

You'd have to commit to going some number of days. Before doing that, you'd have to WANT to go that many days in a 365-day period.
    OK, after you commit to some number of days, determine whether that number of days can be had with combinations of multi-day passports. Possibly with the no-expiration option for WDW.

10-day, full-option WDW passport is $583. Premier WDW AP is $629. Another $70 for DL seems pretty cheap.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

I currently have that pass, but only because when i was visiting WDW this summer, it was cheaper to upgrade my DL annual pass than but 4 day park hoppers AND pay for parking....idk, seems like you would have to do quite a bit of traveling to make it worth while...the airfare and hotel alone can be really pricey. however, I do LOVE my pass and it has been extremely helpful and convienent for me...guess its you choice! =]
    November 7, 2008 - My Disneyland dream came true! And is was "SUITE"!

Quote Originally Posted by lnbrannon22 View Post
    I currently have that pass, but only because when i was visiting WDW this summer, it was cheaper to upgrade my DL annual pass than but 4 day park hoppers AND pay for parking....idk, seems like you would have to do quite a bit of traveling to make it worth while...the airfare and hotel alone can be really pricey. however, I do LOVE my pass and it has been extremely helpful and convienent for me...guess its you choice! =]
    With the Premier Passport it says you also get discounts... Do you know what on and how much etc. ?

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    You'd have to commit to going some number of days. Before doing that, you'd have to WANT to go that many days in a 365-day period.
    OK, after you commit to some number of days, determine whether that number of days can be had with combinations of multi-day passports. Possibly with the no-expiration option for WDW.

10-day, full-option WDW passport is $583. Premier WDW AP is $629. Another $70 for DL seems pretty cheap.
    I'd properly choose to go WDW for a full vacation in the summer, then DL for Halloween and other events.. Which would probably work out cheaper, i guess.

Yes there are MANY discounts. it gets a little confusing, though...depends on the store or retaurant...most places will do a discount, but not all, and the amount varies. I would say most places do about 20% off, but ive seen up to 30% off. Also, many stores require you to purchase a $10 minimum to recieve the discount. Overall, it does turn out to be quite a bit of savings....so this is a major benefit of the Premier pass =]

That defiantly sounds like a great benefit! Do you save any on the Hotels?

Yes you do! They do special rates for the disney hotels...but they still are quite expensive. My favorite perk is the free parking, which can be almost $20 dollars a day. I really do LOVE my pass, just do the math and make sure your number of visits will be worth the price you pay for the pass =]

Oh well i guess thats a bonus aswell! I guess i'd just have to make alot of visits and make the most of it! Oh and do you know anything about the "invitations to special events" that is included... Cause i have no idea about that! Thanks for all the help btw! :-)

i havent recieved to much about special event but i know they are out there...sometimes they will do little get together or meet ups for people with annual passes. but like i said I dont know too much about them, sorry =/

Oh okay! Thanks again for all the help! :-)

• Banned User

As far as Discounts go. All Disney owned stores in DLR, you get 20% discount if you purchase $10 or more. I've never seen 30%. CMs don't even get that much. At restaurants, I believe it's 15% no matter the price. From my understanding, WDW does not offer discounts to APs (from what I've heard).

And if your interested in AP events, check the Disney Parks Blog. They've been doing a lot of meet ups this year, so you'll find the info on there. Hope this helps.

Under an Umbrella in Portland! Just a short 2 hour flight from Anaheim

Best thing to do is put the numbers down on paper and work it out.

I currently have an AP for disneyland. It will be cheaper for me to upgrade to the Premier Pass for my 10 day trip to WDW for the marathon, than to purchase tickets for WDW.

I may not make another trip to WDW within the life of my pass, but it is definitely cheaper.

Have an amazing trip. I just started planning my next trip over to the UK!
    Glory, Glory Man United! And the Reds go marching on! On!! ON!!!

I survived my first Marathon. Got my Mickey at WDW after 6:22:08 of "fun" on the course. Not happy with the time, so I will go back and be getting Goofy next year!

• Banned User

I have this pass and so far its been great, but we've only used it at Disneyland. The big difference is be sure to carry around some form of photo ID for all guests with that pass. The pass does not have a picture on it like the other AP's meaning that the stores have no way of identifying if it is you.

I am really nervous about the whole WDW situation with their finger print situation and how exactly we will get our finger prints first scanned. Hope it doesn't end up being a "You go here....No, no you go there" situation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast