• Joe Flowers

2010 Disneyland Candlelight Processional mini review and photos

My friends and I went to see the 2010 showing of the Candlelight Processional this year. This year's event was narrated by Tom Skerrit.

We arrived at the park around noon. Already people had started to sit down on the sidewalks in front of the opera house. We had a seat and waited it out with everyone else for 5.5 hours before the show started.

There was some confusion regarding where people would be allowed to stand, how far back chairs would go, and where the handicapped section would be located, but everything was worked out with a half hour to go before showtime.

The cast members were pretty strict about not allowing people to stand outside of the ropes. Everyone was squeezed in tight, until 5 minutes right before the first show. There were lots of available seats that still hadn't been filled, so cast members started pulling people from our section to move up closer. I was actually in the same area for the second showing of Candlelight Processional but in the second show all the seats were filled and they didn't need any seat fillers.

We were actually there to watch ones of our friends sing in the cast choir. He's on the far left.

Alright, on to more photos.
    Here's conductor Nancy Sulahian leading the choir.

Narrator Tom Skerrit

The main part of the stage, including my second favorite part, the trumpeters! The cast choir is of course my favorite part.

One of the soloists, with my friend just in the background

We got to see the trumpeters on the way out. And they even posed.

Great job!

Oh, and the castle looks amazing!

So, did anyone else here go? Any fun experiences or photos to share?

And finally, if you happened to be in the Candlelight Processional let me know where abouts you were standing. I tried to get photos all around the choir so I might just have a shot of you.

You can see the rest of my photos plus photos from past events below in my signature. Enjoy!

• We Want The Redhead

Re: 2010 Disneyland Candlelight Processional mini review and photos

If the rains holds off, we'll be there for the early show tonight. Thanks for the pics!
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

• With The Brain Of A Bird

Thank you for posting this. Congratulation to your friend (lucky dog). I bet this is an experience he'll never forget. And the photo of the trumpeters is my favorite. They look like they're enjoying the moment. I wish the Candlelight Processional took place more than just one weekend. I had the chance to see it last year but the park was so crowded with people wanting to see it in the two days it was available that it was hard to enjoy the park and I only get to Disneyland maybe once a year. I'm not going to make it to the park this year so I really appreciate your posting the photos for us to enjoy. Thanks again and happy holidays.
    "Anything's possible at Disneyland." - Walt Disney, 1965

• RCMC: Java Junkie

Great pictures, thanks for sharing.

A little off subject but I saw in the picture of all of you that you had on what looked like cast member name badges??? Where did you get those from? Didn't know they made them for the public. Are they still available?

• The one, the only...

People lined up earlier than in the previous years to see it so I missed out. I think it was the new lack of dining options. It was also a bit colleges than in previous years. Well, maybe next year Disney will have a better arrangement.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Bucket List Car

Your pictures are wonderful!! Nice job!

• Me and Tommy Kirk

How did Tom Skerrit do? Was he good, bad, meh?

Sounded like he was falling asleep to me =/

But in all seriousness, it was an amazing event that I was fortunate to share with my girlfriend on our 3 year anniversary. The orchestra was awesome and the choir was great too.

Will definitely be there next year! Lets get Morgan Freeman. Or Jack Nicholson. Or Joe Pesci haha

I had skipped out on the 5:30 showing to avoid the crowds, but hit up the queue in main street at around 6:30 for the 8pm showing. We ended up getting a pretty good seat for only waiting a little over an hour. All in all, it was a very enjoyable experience. Thanks for posting the pics.

• Goofy

nice pics.

Thumbs up Re: 2010 Disneyland Candlelight Processional mini review and photos

Thanks for posting the pictures. I got some video but no good pictures. We were there for the first time. 5:30 was too crowded so we came back for the 8:00 and got a space on the City hall porch. We thought that was good until a cast member we had been talking with came up to us and asked if we wanted to sit down front. We said; " Well Ya".

Apparently all the VIP seats were not going to be filled and they decided to invite some people to go sit there. We ended up sitting close to the middle. It was great. My arm was sore from holding up the video camera for an hour.

I have to find time to do some editing and will try and get some video posted. The singing and orchestra were great. I like Tom Skeritt and I appreciate all of the celebrities that will take time to get up there and narrate the Christmas story, but Tom did not seem to be at his best. It seemed like he was reading some of it for the first time.

Overall I loved it and would highly recommend it.