Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Getting the Best Score on Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters

Thought I might start a thread on improving your score. Here are some of the things I've found out:

Targets by value are:
    Triangles
    Diamonds
    Squares
    Circles

If you hit a target that is lit up, your score increases.

Zurg has a small target on the middle of his chest worth quite a bit.

Anyone know any more hints?

Thank you for improving my score...if only I could ride it already! LOL! I can't wait and I'll use your tips!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Importance

If you hit a target that is lit up, your score increases.

Ah ha, now you've got me thinking. I thought it was that if you successfully hit the target, then it lit up. And so I thought the ones that didn't light up (which according to another thread apparently only give you 100 points) when I clearly shot them at point blank range were broken. Perhaps the condition of a target being lit up or not is predetermined and is intended to tell people "shoot me! shoot me!" rather than being caused by getting shot and telling people "you shot me you shot me!" And thus they wouldn't have been broken at all...

• Defeats the Huns

WAIT! I also thought that if it was lit up, it meant that it was a successful shot! ... hmm...

The BEST way is to get the highest score is to make the ride come to a complete stop so that you can hit the same targets over and over and over! hahaa. When I went on it Monday, the ride stopped twice (probably for loading/unloading purposes) and so I kept hitting the same target dozens of times.

• No bacon; sausage.

Yeah, from my 3 rides, I'd say that it lights up once you hit it. However, once it's lit, at least for some of the targets, you CAN hit it again while it's lit and score. I didn't pay attention to see if you got MORE points for hitting it again while it's lit up.

Best way to rack up points...hope the ride stops, pick a high value target, fire like mad

They definately only light up when you hit them.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralShang
    The BEST way is to get the highest score is to make the ride come to a complete stop so that you can hit the same targets over and over and over! hahaa.
    Haha, make the ride come to a stop. Maybe if you had a friend strategically placed further back behind you in the line, so that by the time you were in the ride he/she would be just ready to load. Then have them deliberately give the CMs difficulty, refusing to board in a timely manner.
    No no, don't try this at home...err, DLR.

• Just this guy......

I don't know how many points that you get from this, but I found 3 targets in the dark speed tunnel area. One on each side and one above you. They are very hard to see, but I was able to hit them on my second ride.

• Minion

I wonder if they give some kind of prize for really high scores.

• No bacon; sausage.

Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach
    I don't know how many points that you get from this, but I found 3 targets in the dark speed tunnel area. One on each side and one above you. They are very hard to see, but I was able to hit them on my second ride.
    There's one above you too!? Oooooh, nice tip. Noticed the side ones but not the ceiling. Good thing my wife isn't reading this board, I think I'll keep this one a secret

Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach
    Thanks! Didn't notice the one on the top ... the side ones are diamonds.

• Rat Tat Tat.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian
    I wonder if they give some kind of prize for really high scores.
    I didn't get anything for going over a million...I don't think the CM's care what you get...they just want you off before you his the end of the speed ramp.

Well, you do get the credit of a particular level. Perhaps the pictures you email back could be different based on the level you achieve. Perhaps it might have your simulated rank in the picture. There might also be special "badges" you earn for accomplishing particular goals. The badges might be virtual, but then there might be copies (trading pins) you can buy in the exit store with proof of score.

Next time I'm there I'll write down the various scores and levels ... does anyone have the list offhand?

• Minion

Sure, Darkbeer was kind enough to take a photo of the score level board and post it in the latest update.

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/426534/4/17113503

Translated to text:
    +999,999 L-7 Galactic Hero
    600,001-999,999 L-6 Cosmic Commando
    300,001-600,000 L-5 Ranger 1st Class
    100,001-300,000 L-4 Space Scout
    10,001-100,000 L-3 Planetary Pilot
    1,001-10,000 L-2 Space Ace
    0-1,000 L-1 Star Cadet

Not exactly linear.

• Defeats the Huns

Whoever gets to L-7 Galactic Hero SERIOUSLY needs to join some sort of army because of their sharp shooting! I stopped twice in there and hit targets REPEATEDLY and still only got L-4....

But I'm guessing it's intended for little kids to see and then have them go on it OVER AND OVER AND OVER again to try and get that L-7. I'm definitely one of those little kids!!

And err... when I said before that we should "MAKE" the ride stop to get a higher score -- I was only making a joke... didn't need to get a DISAPPROVE on my Reputation...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast