• ~*~Just a dream away~*~

Smile 12/5-12/9 Trip Report! Finally a trip on the Lilly Belle!& a ride on Doom buggy #55!!

We had a great trip! December 5th - 9th. We had just gone to the park in October , but decided that seeing it again for Christmas was a MUST so we went back just 43 days later!!

Day 1
    We originally were planning on arriving the 6th but decided to go a day early to be able to see Fantasmic! (My all time favorite) and my husband really wanted to check out elecTRONica. we made great time driving down and were thrilled to see that the sky was clear ( that wouldnt last long...) The rain started pouring down about 30 minutes into our arrival at the park, we did make it to Electronica which my husband thought was amazing , with all the vintage video games in Flynn's arcade. I and my 4 year old decided to try to wait out the POURING rain in the hopes that Fantasmic may still go on... It didnt, and we gave up at about 9:00 when we were both too soaking we to stay any longer. So what was supposed to be our late night at the park was cut super short!!!

Day 2...

With all of the rain the night before , we were thrilled that the weather Gods decided to bless us with gorgeous warm sunshine the rest of the trip! On the downside , I had packed for cool weather so we ended up wearing clothes more than once haha... Day 2 started in DCA with a trip on Soarin over california, my youngest was still a fraction of an inch to go on... so we bent the rules a little the next day hehe After that we watched the Aladin show in the Hyperion theater, It as always, was AMAZING. we were lucky enough to be able to sit in the front row this time so we got a great view of everything! Next was over to Disneyland where my daughter and husband spent a majority of the remainder of the trip riding splash mountain repetedly! after dragging her on crying last time, she decided it is her favorite and with no wait times in December , its all she wanted to do! Me and my youngest rode the Haunted mansion a great many times, as usual, she has now memorized most of the spiel, holiday and normal! and when other guests were lagging behind she screamed at them to "GET INTO THE DEAD SPACE!" All of the CMs thought this was hilarious and offered her a job

DAY 3

Today we decided that our 4 year old was big enough to ride soarin over california and jumpin jelly fish even though she was a hair too short. so we decided to modify her boots in a small way and she was able to FINALLY get on!! she was so excited it was priceless!

DAY 4

This was our most eventfull day! As soon as we got there in the morning I got my long time wish of getting a ride on the lilly belle!!! we rode at 11:00 AM, which was almost immediately after I asked at 10:20. So we watched Mr Lincoln and then got rite on the lilly belle! Our conductor was so nice and very knowledgeable, and It was a great treat getting to ride it and take lots of pictures!At about 4:00 we headed over to DCA so me and the little one could catch the Pixar parade (which i LOVE by the way) and my older daughter could get on one of her favorites... Grizzly River Run... she wanted to ride it several times since there was no line, so with poncho in hand she and my husband got on the ride... quite a while later I got a call from my husband that when they were about halfway through the ride some crazy person jumped OUT of the raft and into to water, so the ride was E Stopped, drained , and ultimately Evaced. I wish he had a camera on him because they were taken out back stage through the room where they work on the boats! Later that night I got another long time in the making experience... a ride in DOOM BUGGY #55 ooohhhh haunted doom buggy... I will say this for those of you who want to know if its really haunted... I felt nothing at the time, nothing out of the ordinary at all... but weather by coincidence or not, after getting off the ride i went to main street to get a cheese and veggie sandwich.while eating this soft benign food, i broke a tooth! BAD! half of one of my molars literally just fell out, coincidence , curse of doom buggy 55, or just bad luck? who knows! either way it sucks lol

DAY 5

AWW The last day is always sad... I did my usual tearful pouting about having to leave, while my daughter took her first ever ride on California Screamin'! My younger daughter loves the tiki room so we did that one last time. a few more trips on the haunted mansion, and after lunch at the Carnation we were off! I CANT WAIT TO GO BACK!!!

✶Dreams do come true!!!✶

Think of the Happiest things ... its the same as having wings

Re: 12/5-12/9 Trip Report! Finally a trip on the Lilly Belle!& a ride on Doom buggy #

Glad you ended up with good weather, even if it started out a little soggy!

Your family is darling, that picture of your girls holding hands as their walking together reminds me of the image of Christopher Robin and Pooh awww!

Thanks for sharing your terrific pictures (I live for trip reports!)-the ones from inside the Lilly Belle are beautiful and I'm so impressed with your pictures of Aladdin, you weren't sitting on stage, were you?

Re: 12/5-12/9 Trip Report! Finally a trip on the Lilly Belle!& a ride on Doom buggy #

thanks so much! I love taking pictures at Disneyland, its great to have a place like this to share them!
    ✶Dreams do come true!!!✶

• wishing upon a star :)

Thanks for posting! It looks like you guys had tons of fun! (minus the tooth thing) lol. And your daughters are precious!

Thanks so much we always have a great time! Even when my tooth fell out I was still glad to be there lol
    ✶Dreams do come true!!!✶

bump
    ✶Dreams do come true!!!✶

• No really, I need AAMS :)

This was fun trip report to read, and I'm glad you had such a fantastic time.

Btw AAMS FTW!!!!!! ... ... actually it looks like you got the new Aladdin. I'm glad you had fun in AAMS as well. I recently was able to sit in the front row as well and I cannot express my gratitude to the cm that made it possible for my 55th time viewing the show. AAMS is just that much more awesome when you sit front row
    Hey look, I have a flickr!!!
    I just started so all constructive criticism is appreciated
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/canhasal/

Aladdin A Musical Spectacular
    show count: 133 times

its an amazing show!!
    ✶Dreams do come true!!!✶

Great trip report! I love reading these

Nice report!

Just curious: Can anyone ride the Lilly Belle? How does that work?

• MargyDisneylandLover

the lilly belle is so beautiful isnt it?? I was so honored to finnaly get to ride in it this last september!!! and your daughters holding hands has got to be one of the most precious shots i have ever seen on here!!!!!
    My Name Is Margy and I am a mint julepaholic.
    Disneyland freak since my first trip when I turned 6 months old...september 1987!!
    "I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
    ~* Uncle Walt *~
    2014 gumball rally team: Skyway sweethearts

​Proud premium Annual Passholder since May 2nd, 2014

• "The Musical Quil"

Great report! You're girls are adorable. Looks like you had fun, and you lucked out to get rain. Those are my favorite days.
    DJ JARVICIOUS
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Electro | Hip-Hop | Top 40 | Funky
    www.Facebook.com/DJJarvicious
    www.SoundCloud.com/DJJarvicious
    Instagram / Twitter: @DJJARVICIOUS

thanks so much! yes, anyone can ride the lilly belle and its free! you just have to be at the right place at the right time, ask in the main street station and if they have an extra conductor they let you make a reservation!
    ✶Dreams do come true!!!✶

• Yes, that is my real name

The Far Northern, California, United States
    Blog Entries

The passenger car is so beautiful! I'm so glad you took so many photos and posted them, thank you!!
    Yaye!

• Minion

great trip report! the lilly belle car looks amazing! your kidos are really darling!