Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Re: How popular is Duffy at Disney California Adventure?

Time to start searchin' for the story!

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

The story of Duffy the Disney Bear, with pictures.

Posted by DuffyDad:
    "Since his story only exists in the hearts and minds of Duffy/TDS fans, the more people create with Duffy, the richer the character becomes. One reason it's so fun to take pictures of and tell stories with Duffy is because he really is whatever we make him...or her, for "those" fans."

• Metal Head loves Disney

I love taking my key chain Duffy with me to Disneyland, and I also like him on my night stand.
    Most recent Disney trip - 06/25/11

Marketing Manger of InCinderated Enterprises
    Last Man Standing in the M&F Parking Lot of the RCMC

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post

Posted by DuffyDad:
    "Since his story only exists in the hearts and minds of Duffy/TDS fans, the more people create with Duffy, the richer the character becomes. One reason it's so fun to take pictures of and tell stories with Duffy is because he really is whatever we make him...or her, for "those" fans."
    That is a perfect way to sum up what Duffy is all about and what he means to us fans! It's just fun! And I'm even making my own costumes for him which just adds to the fun!

• Knight that says Nee!!

Quote Originally Posted by rage View Post
    There were a few threads about him when he first came out, not major but there are people out there who are interested in him. As for a common bear? There's hidden Mickey's all over this guy, I don't recall seeing other common bears out there with hidden Mickey's on them, especially the hidden Mickey birth mark. His story is posted where his meet and greet is, and each Duffy even comes with a story book of who he is.
    Awesome, so put a Mickey mark on a Teddy Bear and suddenly ordinary becomes amazing and worthy of resort prices. Power to you, like i said its a free country. I have yet to see a Duffy M&G in the times I have visited this year so again, not really seeming to be marketed well. Anyway, as another poster said a few posts up, Duffy is what ever we make him? Cool, for me he appears to be a teddy bear with a connection of some kind to Mickey that Disney Co. is trying to market in the west in hopes that they can cash in on him as they have in japan. Good luck to them. I'll spend my money on other things in DLR...important things...like pirate merchandise, cause we don't have enough of that!

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    ^They have his story out in front of the Meet and Greet and ask ANY CM and they will know the story of Duffy.
    This requires wanting to know, though.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Rock Star Minion

Posted by DuffyDad:
    It seems I have to do a lot of work. My alternative choice is not to do a lot of work.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

How about this. If you don't like him, then fine. Don't like him. Just gives me more opportunities to visit Duffy "without a line". But honestly, it sounds like instead of bashing Duffy, you are starting to bash its fans and making us sound stupid or something for enjoying a bear that you don't.

Almost EVERY piece of merchandise sold outside of Disney you can find in some "ordinary" form. T-shirts, teddy bears, toys, sweatshirts etc. etc. etc. So why don't we see you bashing the t-shirts sold at Disney? Why don't we see you bashing any of the things you can easily find at Target?

Open your eyes a little bit and stop being so negative towards him and maybe you can find the joy and happiness in Duffy that all of us fans do.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    It seems I have to do a lot of work. My alternative choice is not to do a lot of work.
    Seems like you have to do a whole lot MORE work with a Build-a-bear. All I have to do with Duffy... Is make the memories with him.

• Minion

Walt Disney's incredible success with memorable characters was always credited to unique, recongizable, appealing and very specific personalities that we knew and loved from the screen and favorite stories - - indeed, "personality" is is what separated his earliest works from the animated competition.

But the true art of Walt Disney has been entirely lost when a creation like this lacks any personality whatsoever - - and what substitutes for story is a generic blurb on a price tag.

Duffy is what animation was before Walt. A total retrogression, bland, empty and devoid of character traits. They need to read Frank and Ollie's books.

• Metal Head loves Disney

How about this. If you don't like him, then fine. Don't like him. Just gives me more opportunities to visit Duffy "without a line". But honestly, it sounds like instead of bashing Duffy, you are starting to bash its fans and making us sound stupid or something for enjoying a bear that you don't.

Almost EVERY piece of merchandise sold outside of Disney you can find in some "ordinary" form. T-shirts, teddy bears, toys, sweatshirts etc. etc. etc. So why don't we see you bashing the t-shirts sold at Disney? Why don't we see you bashing any of the things you can easily find at Target?

Open your eyes a little bit and stop being so negative towards him and maybe you can find the joy and happiness in Duffy that all of us fans do.
    Well said.
    Most recent Disney trip - 06/25/11

Marketing Manger of InCinderated Enterprises
    Last Man Standing in the M&F Parking Lot of the RCMC

• Rock Star Minion

Seems like you have to do a whole lot MORE work with a Build-a-bear. All I have to do with Duffy... Is make the memories with him.
    My alternative choice to Build-a-Bear is also not to do a lot of work.
    Is there some unstated assumption that I need some kind of bear? 'cause I'm gonna tell you right now: I don't need a bear.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

My alternative choice to Build-a-Bear is also not to do a lot of work.
    Is there some unstated assumption that I need some kind of bear? 'cause I'm gonna tell you right now: I don't need a bear.
    It was a general statement not directed towards you.

• Rock Star Minion

It was a general statement not directed towards you.
    Oh. I was confused by your quoting me. Sorry.

Enjoy your life with your bear. I'm currently experiencing maximum happiness, without a bear. I don't want to risk exploding or something.

• Closed Account

Oh. I was confused by your quoting me. Sorry.

Enjoy your life with your bear. I'm currently experiencing maximum happiness, without a bear. I don't want to risk exploding or something.
    Win.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast