Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Angry The Maliboomer Park...... a waste of space

I think the park they are building where the Maliboomer is is just a waste of space. You could put a new darkride or atleast something besides a park. Ill admit it is nice but I thibk they could have done better. What do you think they should have done.
    WALTER ELIAS DISNEY COMMUNITY OF TOMORROW- WEDCOT

• Disney Fanatic

Re: The Maliboomer Park...... a waste of space

Quote Originally Posted by Wedcot View Post
    I think the park they are building where the Maliboomer is is just a waste of space. You could put a new darkride or atleast something besides a park. Ill admit it is nice but I thibk they could have done better. What do you think they should have done.
    The park is just a filler until they figure out what ride to put there. Any ride there will probably also utilize the shops too. Until then they will use the area for seating and maybe a meet and great.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
    -Aristotle

Next Trip in 2012 to see the final product

• Senior Minion

Cool, are you volunteering the hundred million dollars?
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• ohai

If they had it built in the park already, I'd be okay with it [Sorta]
    But it's taking them months to build! Why not have a ride design already planned out, then take down the Maliboomer?

• Laughing Last..

Where else are the throngs of patrons to the redesigned Ooh mow mow and burger joint supposed to sit and drink their beers? Why, I would guess that a nice cold beer in a plastic cup, in a "park-like" setting, surrounded by a noisy roller coaster, would be just the place to..Relax?
    LOS ANGELES
    ANGELS
    OF ANAHEIM
    WHAT A STUPID NAME

CALIFORNIA ANGELS FOREVER

Baseball is our religion
    The stadium our cathedral
    Beer and peanuts our sacrament

I personally have no problem with it. Some parks out there don't want to even put benches out because they want people up and going through the stores. Not all space should be dedicated to another ride.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Banned User

Disney has to think long term, they cant fill every square inch of DCA with a ride, if they did that then they would have no room for future expansion. They tore Maliboomer down because its ugly and clashes with the new victorian pier, when the time is right they will add an attraction there. Its smart for Disney to have little plots of land like this for future use.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    I personally have no problem with it. Some parks out there don't want to even put benches out because they want people up and going through the stores. Not all space should be dedicated to another ride.
    I totally agree with you. Some of my favorite moment's at the resort have been sitting on a bench, under some shade, with a mint julep at disneyland or a cold beer at DCA, and just people watching and soaking in the atmosphere. I am looking forward to a nice little park, one with actual grass.

• Banned User

Give it time! There will be something to replace it in the future as soon as they get the funds and a decent idea. This stuff takes time. They couldve did NOTHING and just took the stuff away and add a few benches. Now they will have another green space and the park could use more of that IMO.

• Future Indy Castmember

A little park is better than nothing. Planning rides takes time as well as planning how to install it. Lets just hope that if there will be another attraction, it'd be something original.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyRicky View Post
    If they had it built in the park already, I'd be okay with it [Sorta]
    But it's taking them months to build! Why not have a ride design already planned out, then take down the Maliboomer?
    Because Disney already has a budget for DCA refurb numero uno. There's no money in the budget for a new attraction (right now) right there. We're already getting the pier reworked, Carsland, The Little Mermaid, and Buena Vista Street. Be patient. More things will come to the park as time goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Imag1neer View Post
    Disney has to think long term, they cant fill every square inch of DCA with a ride, if they did that then they would have no room for future expansion. They tore Maliboomer down because its ugly and clashes with the new victorian pier, when the time is right they will add an attraction there. Its smart for Disney to have little plots of land like this for future use.
    Read this, and your questions will be answered ^^^^

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

ALL of paradise pier was a waste of space on DCA's opening day. Anything and everything they can get rid of the original paradise pier is an enhancement to the area.

I celebrate the eradication and death of : (1)the worst themeing in imagineering history, (2) the "if it's good enough for six flags mentality", and (3) the "build and maintain on the cheap" philosophy. Goodbye original paradise pier, we NEVER loved you, and never will.

• Nutty about Disney parks

I dunno if a dark ride can even fit into the space.

Maybe it would be a nice place for like a small fancy restraunt or something...considering the area is practically hidden behind Screamin's tracks...it could be like a secret restaraunt or something.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    I dunno if a dark ride can even fit into the space.

Maybe it would be a nice place for like a small fancy restraunt or something...considering the area is practically hidden behind Screamin's tracks...it could be like a secret restaraunt or something.
    The entrance and queue can, and the warehouse can fit backstage, with the removal, and adjustment of things back there already. It won't be huge, but it can work.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Carousel ftw!

I'm confused though, When these posts are made I get the feeling that people think:
    a)The park will cost a lot of money and waste valuable funds
    b)There is a signed contract saying that nothing can ever ever be put there but parkland.

Where did you hear these things?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast