Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast

• Senior Minion

Re: Buh-Bye To DCA's CALIFORNIA Sign On Jan 4th. Will We See New Park Name In 2012?

Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    Pixar Animation Studios films are produced by a studio. They would fit in a studios park.
    It's called a studio because it produces film. But the appeal of a "studio park" is an opportunity to see how live action is filmed. To have a chance to see real sets and props and see a bit of how the movie business works. At Pixar you'd watch a bunch of guys sit around a table cracking jokes and a bunch more guys sitting in front of computers. It's just not the same thing.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

Re: Buh-Bye To DCA's CALIFORNIA Sign On Jan 4th. Will We See New Park Name In 2012?

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post

If management in 2001 had been committed enoiugh to come up with an inspiring and with-it name/theme (not necessarily Disney Sea even) fror DCA from the onset, they would likely have put more cohesive thought and investment into into the whole thing. Disney would have had a hit on it's hands, and it would not be going through intensive remake surgery presently.
    I agree.

I remember the news back then when it opened, I was very exited and I thought that we at this house where going fast to enjoy it, I was happy since I was expecting to return to DL since the last time was in '96.

But then when DCA opened we saw what the park was about in tv, my mom and my sister got bored fast like 2 minutes after the tv show stared.

My mom told me it wasn't worth to return to DL, since WDW had more parks and at DL the new park looked too boring .

So even at this day we haven't returned to DL since going to LA from my country (Honduras) is more expensive than going to Orlando so; is WDW instead.

Now with the DCA makeover my mom looks to be more positive, she actully has plans to go, I hope the makeover goes good, so we can return to DL, you see I don't remember too mush of DL since at '96 I was still a kid.

I refreshed some memories from some sites likes the yesterdayland.

• Nutty about Disney parks

I'm just annoyed that they're designing the park gate to look exactly like the one at DHS. I wish they had gone with something different that still says California. Maybe that's why so many people think it's becoming a studios park. heh
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    I'm just annoyed that they're designing the park gate to look exactly like the one at DHS. I wish they had gone with something different that still says California. Maybe that's why so many people think it's becoming a studios park. heh
    What would you have liked to see?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Tokyo Disney Sea!

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    Tokyo Disney Sea!

• Closed Account

Tokyo Disney Sea!
    That ship has sailed. Florida won't even be seeing a 'Disney Sea' park.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by Ummmmm, No View Post
    What would you have liked to see?
    For me, I would have liked to have seen something with a golden influence. Nothing tacky like the majority of what Donald Trump is into (no offense to him, his style just isn't like mine), but something more, well, magically golden and contemporary that ages well with time. And, "Why gold?," you ask? Well, California IS "The Golden State".

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

That ship has sailed. Florida won't even be seeing a 'Disney Sea' park.
    You ask what we want, and then just crush the very thought of it. Maybe next time don't ask, if your not preparred for the answer you are likely to get.

• Decor Extraordinare

Everytime I try to think of something that could be built as an entrance, I revert to bringing out the BVS theme into the esplanade, and then I fear it'll look like Knotts.
    "I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."
    --------------------------------------------------

• Closed Account

You ask what we want, and then just crush the very thought of it. Maybe next time don't ask, if your not preparred for the answer you are likely to get.
    I ask because I want to hear. Part of me hopes for some original idea - you know, the ones everyone wants to see.

Sorry you don't care for my response. Just trying to guide the discussion with facts.

oops
    Last edited by MactheMan; 01-03-2011 at 09:00 PM.

• long time listener

Quote Originally Posted by Kablary View Post
    Everytime I try to think of something that could be built as an entrance, I revert to bringing out the BVS theme into the esplanade, and then I fear it'll look like Knotts.
    Well even with Disney's theme violations, I don't think they will put in a new Buena Vista Street theme and then a few years later plunk down a steel coaster blaring over your head like Knott's did. Silver Bullet is a great ride, but what an identity crisis that park has.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by ScienceProject View Post
    Well even with Disney's theme violations, I don't think they will put in a new Buena Vista Street theme and then a few years later plunk down a steel coaster blaring over your head like Knott's did. Silver Bullet is a great ride, but what an identity crisis that park has.
    I'd call it misguided desperation. Interpret that as you wish.

I ask because I want to hear. Part of me hopes for some original idea - you know, the ones everyone wants to see.

Sorry you don't care for my response. Just trying to guide the discussion with facts.
    I'd love to see a Disney park like this--truly revolutionary!
    ePark :: OPENING NIGHT & FIREWORK SPECTACULAR!!!

Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast