Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Re: Buh-Bye To DCA's CALIFORNIA Sign On Jan 4th. Will We See New Park Name In 2012?

^Just FYI.. Were not supposed to link pictures from that site.

Re: Buh-Bye To DCA's CALIFORNIA Sign On Jan 4th. Will We See New Park Name In 2012?

Quote Originally Posted by Ummmmm, No View Post
    Aren't you supposed to be a moderator? Are moderators supposed to egg on personal attacks that derail the thread at hand?

If you have such an issue with me, send me a Private Message. I haven't received a single PM from anyone questioning my validity.

Trust me, Don't Trust me... I don't care. When you guys push back it only makes me want to close my account.

Furthermore, I have never outright said I work or don't work for Disney. Those are assumptions.

Again, if you would like to continue this - send me a PM. Don't kill the discussions at hand.
    I think more or less, Aladdin just doesn't want to see a new member with no proven validity spread rumors across micechat like wildfire.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by MactheMan View Post
    I think more or less, Aladdin just doesn't want to see a new member with no proven validity spread rumors across micechat like wildfire.
    I'm not spreading rumors, truly. If I wanted to spread rumors, I would start new threads with a 'rumor' tag and write on and on about this or that. I don't do that. Instead, I give as much info as I can where I can. Simple.

• Minion

Anyone going to take pictures today with the sun out? It was cool to see the construction of the walls. Thanks for posting

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    The entry gates are going to be a clone of Hollywood Studios in Orlando. Even the concept of Buena Vista Street is similar to Hollywood Studios. And instead of the Chinese Theater, we will have the Carthay Circle Theater as the weenie of the park.

Regardless of the name, this is now a studios park! The rides will either be in backlots, movie locations, or evoke the period in which Walt came to CA. But in one way or another all are movie or Disney related.

That's a theme that can absolutely work and allow for many new rides and attractions over the years.

It would be a mistake for Disney to think that the dropping of an "'S" would be sufficient to explain what this park is all about. And after a rough start and a multi-billion dollar makeover, this park deserves a total reboot.

Be bold and change the name Disney. Let the world know that you've created a silk purse out of a sow's ear!
    Thanks so much for vendicating me, Dusty! The evidence that DCA has is evolving into a studios park is dancing right in front of our eyes. Along with your comment that the park deservs a complete reboot...I say it is not unreasonable to project the possibility of a new name along with the makeover of the rides and "lands".

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEO,ATIS View Post
    So....Disney/Pixar Studios?
    This name or something similar is a very real possibility, CEO.

Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    I wish they would call it Disney's Adventure Park or something so it's not so limited to one theme.
    This has remained my line of thinking for some time. Disney's Adventure Park definitely sounds better to the ear than the clunky and redundent Disney's California adventure poor excuse for a park name/theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    The studios parks are so by far the worst two Disney parks, why emulate that?
    This is your opinion, Uncle Bob...not a fact. In recent years, the Studios parks have been on the road to improvement all the way around. Granted, it would be far better if the studios parks were actually producing films and tv shows. Nevertheless, they are a highly fun thematic venue for families, individuals and groups of friends.

I'm not spreading rumors, truly. If I wanted to spread rumors, I would start new threads with a 'rumor' tag and write on and on about this or that. I don't do that. Instead, I give as much info as I can where I can. Simple.
    Seems to me like you've written pretty extensively about the impossiblity of DCA becoming a studios park, and about the thematic travisty should it come to be considered one. I was one of those that welcomed you with open arms when you first showed up here at MiceChat recently, Ummmmm, No. But, I haven't noticed you agreeing with a single thing that I've said since. Just for the record, I'm glad that i'm not always right. Along with my own knowledge and intuitions, I'm just as interested in learning from others...and growing. This is why I have frequently been proven right on diifferent matters through the years here on the MC board...subsequent to having gone through grueling adversity of opinion.

Some such as me consider generating a rumors or idea thread quite a bit more challenging than anything else on the board. You should try it. Another thing to note, it is not out of the question that the word "California" might be dropped from the D(C?)A name.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 01-04-2011 at 01:04 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

•   
    • Kerplookee

I thoroughly enjoy your posts and how much it bothers some people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpee View Post
    I only care for Disney bling!

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Seems to me like you've written pretty extensively about the impossiblity of DCA becoming a studios park, and about the thematic travisty should it come to be considered one. I was one of those that welcomed you with open arms when you first showed up here at MiceChat recently, Ummmmm, No. But, I haven't noticed you agreeing with a single thing that I've said since. Just for the record, I'm glad that i'm not always right. Along with my own knowledge and intuitions, I'm just as interested in learning from others...and growing. This is why I have frequently been proven right on diifferent matters through the years here on the MC board...subsequent to having gone through grueling adversity of opinion.

Some such as me consider generating a rumors or idea thread quite a bit more challenging than anything else on the board. You should try it. Another thing to note, it is not out of the question that the word "California" might be dropped from the D(C?)A name.
    Ok? Sorry you disagree with me? Not sure what you're trying to get at.

Furthermore, I'm not here to spread rumors or generate idea threads. I generate enough ideas on a daily basis... I don't need to do that here. And you're right - it isn't out of the question that 'California' could be dropped, but it isn't in the near future.

• Banned User

try not to let the skeptics bother you. they certainly don't speak for the majority of the people on this, or any other, forum. i like to think i'm pretty good at filtering out who is legitimate with their "speculation" and who is not, and i trust you've shown enough validity (not that you needed to in the first place). the truth is, if you had given any more information, then i would have had trouble believing you because i can't imagine someone jeopardizing the greatest job in the world just to show up some nay-sayers on a fan site. so keep doing what you're doing. a lot of us appreciate it. (even if apparently some of us are taking it with a grain of salt).

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    No, change is definitely not always good...but this change sure is. I'll miss that fun-photo-op-tradition-inspiring quality that the letters had, and I do wish I'd been able to make it out to the park to say farewell to them today, but they really would not fit at all with the far superior entrance we'll be seeing take shape in the months to come. Although change can sometimes be horrific and heartbreaking and utterly unnecessary, this is one case in which I say out with the old and in with the new!
    Absolutely. The upcoming change means the ringing in of a new era, and the elimination of an old, old error.

Ok? Sorry you disagree with me? Not sure what you're trying to get at.

Furthermore, I'm not here to spread rumors or generate idea threads. I generate enough ideas on a daily basis... I don't need to do that here. And you're right - it isn't out of the question that 'California' could be dropped, but it isn't in the near future.
    Glad that we can agree on something...if only to a degree. However if what you mean by the near future is this year, of course "California" won't be officially dropped. The retheming of the entryway shops will not commence until August 1sr, 2012 (if nothing slows down the plans), and the Pan Pacific turnstyles will not open until August 29th at the earliest. This means that Disney may well wait to have a surprise unveiling of any new name until August of next year...and possibly later.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 01-04-2011 at 01:09 PM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VWSpawn View Post
    Anyone going to take pictures today with the sun out? It was cool to see the construction of the walls. Thanks for posting

The letters are still up, but behind construction walls. All DCA entrance traffic is being diverted to the far left hand side. I snapped a few quick shots and I'll post them if I don't run out of time.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Daddy View Post
    The letters are still up, but behind construction walls. All DCA entrance traffic is being diverted to the far left hand side. I snapped a few quick shots and I'll post them if I don't run out of time.
    Cool! I'll be looking for the new pix, Mac Daddy.

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

I honestly do not understand or see how anyone see's DCA turning into a Studios park...I don't get it. Carsland is a land that replicates a town in the movie yes but it doesn't seem AT ALL like they are taking the "this is a set from the movie Cars" approach with it. The land is supposed to seem as if it is a real town in the desert along Route 66, not a set for the movie. All rumors for Phase 2 are pointing at them removing the backlot references in Hollywoodland which is counter intuitive if they want to create a studios park. They want the entrance and Hollywood to all blend into one another. It's more meant to be a step back into LA in the 1920's/30's not into a studio set. BVS will serve the same function as Main Street, to transport us to another time and place. They are attempting to take the pier back to the romantic heyday of boardwalk piers, how does this relate at all to a studios park. Or the retheming of Golden State to a 1940's/50s National Park. Idk nothing points to DCA becoming a studio. You can say the entrance is similar to DHS but how much variety can you get when recreating the Golden Age of LA. I'm sure if they took the idea BVS and instead of LA, they themed it to Victorian San Francisco, nobody would even have the notion that DCA is becoming a studios park. We're not getting Paradise Pier set, Hollywood Backlot, Carsland set, Golden State studios...the land are all taking steps closer in becoming places that transport us to another time and place that bring nostalgia and fun. They're not building the buildings to look like sets and backlots, they're actually looking to get rid of the few examples that remain of that. I guess people will make whatever of it. I could come up with a theory that DL is also becoming a studios park. I mean you can make anything out of well anything. For every point that can be made about DCA becoming a studios park, the same can be made for DL.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
    I honestly do not understand or see how anyone see's DCA turning into a Studios park...I don't get it. Carsland is a land that replicates a town in the movie yes but it doesn't seem AT ALL like they are taking the "this is a set from the movie Cars" approach with it. The land is supposed to seem as if it is a real town in the desert along Route 66, not a set for the movie. All rumors for Phase 2 are pointing at them removing the backlot references in Hollywoodland which is counter intuitive if they want to create a studios park. They want the entrance and Hollywood to all blend into one another. It's more meant to be a step back into LA in the 1920's/30's not into a studio set. BVS will serve the same function as Main Street, to transport us to another time and place. They are attempting to take the pier back to the romantic heyday of boardwalk piers, how does this relate at all to a studios park. Or the retheming of Golden State to a 1940's/50s National Park. Idk nothing points to DCA becoming a studio. You can say the entrance is similar to DHS but how much variety can you get when recreating the Golden Age of LA. I'm sure if they took the idea BVS and instead of LA, they themed it to Victorian San Francisco, nobody would even have the notion that DCA is becoming a studios park. We're not getting Paradise Pier set, Hollywood Backlot, Carsland set, Golden State studios...the land are all taking steps closer in becoming places that transport us to another time and place that bring nostalgia and fun. They're not building the buildings to look like sets and backlots, they're actually looking to get rid of the few examples that remain of that. I guess people will make whatever of it. I could come up with a theory that DL is also becoming a studios park. I mean you can make anything out of well anything. For every point that can be made about DCA becoming a studios park, the same can be made for DL.
    the Great Movie Ride at didney's Hollywood Studios in Orlando isn't full of goofy cameras, lights and props. It's a varied visit to famous scenes from blockbuster hits. Never have heard it's theming receive anything but positive appraisals. Think of DCA (name subject to change) as one big parkwide "Great Movie Ride" that takes place both outdoors and indoors. Practically all the rides and attractions are based on movie scenes and/or storylines and/or characters and/or animation from Disney owned and licensed studio properties. Buena Vista Street will be a celebration of Walt's early days when he sought to become a film maker.

I have aforesaid, it would be cooler if actual film production took place someplace in the park. Although the park is fast becoming it's own exciting style of movie park.

• At the bottom

Having attractions with film and movie elements doesn't make DCA a "Studio Park"
    If that were the case then Disneyland is a studio park as well.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Down with the Tide View Post
    Having attractions with film and movie elements doesn't make DCA a "Studio Park"
    If that were the case then Disneyland is a studio park as well.
    Exactly.

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast