Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 815161718192021 ... LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Buh-Bye To DCA's CALIFORNIA Sign On Jan 4th. Will We See New Park Name In 2012?

Quote Originally Posted by Ummmmm, No View Post
    That project has yet to find funding, let alone a green light. The team hopes it'll be lumped in under Phase 2.
    Who are you? John Lasster? Bob Iger? Phase 2 is when I said the rumor is supposed to take place. What team? Anyone could claim to be talking to the Disney team, and are therefore right about everything. They wouldn't tell you all their secrets even if you were as you claim...without proof.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Closed Account

Re: Buh-Bye To DCA's CALIFORNIA Sign On Jan 4th. Will We See New Park Name In 2012?

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Correction...they're spending $1.1billion, not $1 billion. This is only on Phase I, and could always be increased as the construction of Carsland moves along. Phase II will definitely increse the cost factor significantly...and their may well be a Phase III if all goes right.

If you didn't know all of this Ummmmm, No, then how can you authoritatively know for certain that there are no plans for a name change...including one that would drop the Californis theme. And how do you know, No, that a Studios theme is definitely out of the question. Nobody has any proof that you are have connections to insiders. Even if you did, one of the thinks that Disney is famous if not notorious for is stonewalling and intentionally nisinforming those trying to to gain information about unannounced, guarded future plans.
    Really?

Reread my post. I said 'They're not spending over $1B to add attractions and retheme an entrance that don't back up and solidify a studios theme 150%' - do you have comprehension problems? How is saying 'over $1B' different than saying $1.1B? By saying 'over $1B', I am leaving the door open for that ever changing number.

Phase 3 wouldn't deal with a remodel, FYI.

If you have any issue with me, feel free to PM me. Much easier to discuss things that way without derailing threads. And they occasionally misinform those who have no connections to the projects at hands.

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

RW, in Ummmmm, No's defense, they did say OVER 1 Billion which would include the said 1.1 Billion. just saying. You really do want your predictions to be right despite ALL the evidence present that is not pointing at all in the direction. IN the DCA Project Tracker and other threads Ummmmm, No has proven to be quite a reliable source.

No change to name planned at the moment.

A 'studios' related name isn't going to happen. They're not spending over $1B to add attractions and retheme an entrance that don't back up and solidify a studios theme 150%.

We're going to a different time period in California, not to a different location (read: Hollywood).
    Great to hear this

• Closed Account

Who are you? John Lasster? Bob Iger? Phase 2 is when I said the rumor is supposed to take place. What team? Anyone could claim to be talking to the Disney team, and are therefore right about everything. They wouldn't tell you all their secrets even if you were as you claim...without proof.
    As I have said in other threads - if you have any questions about 'me' unrelated to the topic at hand, feel free to PM me. I don't bite.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Really?

Reread my post. I said 'They're not spending over $1B to add attractions and retheme an entrance that don't back up and solidify a studios theme 150%' - do you have comprehension problems? How is saying 'over $1B' different than saying $1.1B? By saying 'over $1B', I am leaving the door open for that ever changing number.

Phase 3 wouldn't deal with a remodel, FYI.

If you have any issue with me, feel free to PM me. Much easier to discuss things that way without derailing threads. And they occasionally misinform those who have no connections to the projects at hands.
    Fumbled a bit, but nevertheless, I repeat: "You have no authoritative proof that you know for certain there are no plans for a name change...including one that would drop the Californis theme. And how do you know, No, that a Studios theme is definitely out of the question. Nobody has any proof that you are have connections to insiders. Even if you did, one of the things that Disney is famous if not notorious for is stonewalling and intentionally misinforming those trying to to gain information about unannounced, closely guarded future plans.

• Closed Account

Fumbled a bit, but nevertheless, I repeat: "You have no authoritative proof that you know for certain there are no plans for a name change...including one that would drop the Californis theme. And how do you know, No, that a Studios theme is definitely out of the question. Nobody has any proof that you are have connections to insiders. Even if you did, one of the things that Disney is famous if not notorious for is stonewalling and intentionally misinforming those trying to to gain information about unannounced, closely guarded future plans.
    Why are you repeating yourself? I read and addressed it the first time.

You don't have to believe anything I say - no one is forcing you to.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
    RW, in Ummmmm, No's defense, they did say OVER 1 Billion which would include the said 1.1 Billion. just saying. You really do want your predictions to be right despite ALL the evidence present that is not pointing at all in the direction. IN the DCA Project Tracker and other threads Ummmmm, No has proven to be quite a reliable source.

Great to hear this
    Believing him is your prerogative SoCalFan. He's merely repeating known information and then spinning out of it whatever additional information to support his viewpoint that he desires. Do you think that he is a bigger authority than Al and Dustysage? I'll get my information from MiceAge collumns and elsewhere, thank you.

• Closed Account

Believing him is your prerogative SoCalFan. He's merely repeating known information and then spinning out of it whatever additional information to support his viewpoint that he desires. Do you think that he is a bigger authority than Al and Dustysage? I'll get my information from MiceAge collumns and elsewhere, thank you.
    Whatever floats your boat.

• Iron-Clad Allie

As I have said in other threads - if you have any questions about 'me' unrelated to the topic at hand, feel free to PM me. I don't bite.
    It beared repeating, and the continuation of the D(C?)A California theme does not.

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

I don't feel the need to defend myself here but yeah. It's not my prerogative to follow anyone and fight for their words. And I joined this site years back because of Al's little insider secrets but even he has been wrong time to time, just saying. His word isn't gold as he is just like us. His word is very appreciated and it keeps me coming back but it's not a definite either. And anyways I don't ever remember Al even recently mentioning the park becoming a studios park let alone a theme change. He has said name change but even Ummmmm, No just mentioned a name change isn't out of question. name change does not mean theme change or studios park. I just am giving my opinion, just as you are, in what I think is best. I enjoy the CA theme and non studios environment DCA has and it is not evident AT ALL in my eyes that DCA is steering away from it.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Whatever floats your boat.
    Here's what floats my boat.

This too...

YouTube -

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
    I don't feel the need to defend myself here but yeah. It's not my prerogative to follow anyone and fight for their words. And I joined this site years back because of Al's little insider secrets but even he has been wrong time to time, just saying. His word isn't gold as he is just like us. His word is very appreciated and it keeps me coming back but it's not a definite either. And anyways I don't ever remember Al even recently mentioning the park becoming a studios park let alone a theme change. He has said name change but even Ummmmm, No just mentioned a name change isn't out of question. name change does not mean theme change or studios park. I just am giving my opinion, just as you are, in what I think is best. I enjoy the CA theme and non studios environment DCA has and it is not evident AT ALL in my eyes that DCA is steering away from it.
    Everybody's wrong from time to time. One fumbles and then recovers. Have you ever nown Ummmmm, No, to be wrong?

• Banned User

No change to name planned at the moment.

A 'studios' related name isn't going to happen. They're not spending over $1B to add attractions and retheme an entrance that don't back up and solidify a studios theme 150%.

We're going to a different time period in California, not to a different location (read: Hollywood).
    Thank you!

What most have been saying for 18 pages now! I dont get the constant denial of someone who just cant accept reality, but there it is. I also thinks its odd how someone can keep repeating over and over again the theme is changing when there isnt a shred of proof anywhere, including rumors that this is remotely happning, or chooses to ignore how much the company is doing everthing to push the California theme with all the changes and how much its promoting the park is still very much about California.

And as u also mentioned as I said before, it would be crazy to change the theme to something that doesnt represent the park 100% like the studio or even Pixar theme wouldnt do. It makes more sense to effectively build on a theme they have now and clearly what they been doing vs shoehorning one in that doesnt fit. I never been in love with the Cali theme, but its here to stay and I will take it over something that just doesnt really fit and screws up the identity of the place even more!

• Banned User

And u don't have a shred of proof to back up anything u been saying here, just a misguided speculation thats not even a rumor its happening, nor ever was. On top of that, ummm, no has two present facts on his side: No proof the name is changing and the fact every piece of official info given about the expansion is pushing the Calif theme WITH the name DCA on it.

So, he's on the side of facts...you seem to be on the side of denial IMO.
    Last edited by WorldDisney; 01-09-2011 at 06:23 PM.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    Thank you!

What most have been saying for 18 pages now! I dont get the constant denial of someone who just cant accept reality, but there it is. I also thinks its odd how someone can keep repeating over and over again the theme is changing when there isnt a shred of proof anywhere, including rumors that this is remotely happning, or chooses to ignore how much the company is doing everthing to push the California theme with all the changes and how much its promoting the park is still very much about California.

And as u also mentioned as I said before, it would be crazy to change the theme to something that doesnt represent the park 100% like the studio or even Pixar theme wouldnt do. It makes more sense to effectively build on a theme they have now and clearly what they been doing vs shoehorning one in that doesnt fit. I never been in love with the Cali theme, but its here to stay and I will take it over something that just doesnt really fit and screws up the identity of the place even more!
    If a few people here truely think my projections are absolutely impossible, why the fierce battle page after page? No worries...it will just make the dropping of the Calfornia theme (and the adding of a new theme, possibly studios) all the more meaningful...should this take place.

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 815161718192021 ... LastLast