Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1118192021222324 ... LastLast

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Re: Buh-Bye To DCA's CALIFORNIA Sign On Jan 4th. Will We See New Park Name In 2012?

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    But thats just a minor name change and one due to contract issues at that. And a name change ISNT new:

MGM studios to Hollywood studios

EuroDisney to Disneyland Paris

E.P.C.O.T (dont want to do the full name lol) to simply EPCOT!

But the inherit themes of those parks never changed.

And everyone has acknowledged a name change could happen, its obviously wouldnt be the first time. But a complete theme change is something else. Its clear they HAVE changed the theme to some extent of how California is viewed. It already is a very different park from 2001. So in my mind, it HAS changed, at least in tone and execution. But thats about as far as they are willing to go or maybe could afford to go.

And of course, there are always possibilities. No one is denying that. But its O-B-V-I-O-U-S that next year, the park will be about Calif as it has been for a decade now. The problem with threads like these are the huuuge leap in conclusions with skant to no evidence its true, just flimsy speculation. An example would be like saying they are planning on making a third park because Disney bought out Garden Walk one day. Sure, maaaaybe, but clearly just jumping to that conclusion and making a thread about it without a shred that its happening is kind of jumping the gun. But ok, we're all excited Disney geeks, its the internet, so that happens. But then, Disney starts developing the property and its obvious its anything BUT another theme park thats happening on it. But instead of just acknowledging what its not, we get every lopsided answer why it still could be a third theme park over and over again, while ignoring all the obvious signs and facts why it just isnt. But u keep arguing it anyway. It gets ridiculous.

Maybe in 20 years if this one turns into a thud, they will turn it into a Sea World or something. But come 2012 it will be a park about California during the era of Walt Disney's arrival into the state. Thats ALL its been talked about from the company and not a hint of anything else. Why keep building on that narrative of Walt coming to California and stressing the beauty of the state for the last 3 years since it was announced JUST to throw all of that out the window once the new stuff actually opens?? That would be the worst marketing campaign I've seen...almost as bad as DCA's first campaign!

But yes anything is possible. The world can end on Dec. 21, 2012 as predicted too I guess.
    Even if DCA does not become a studios park, I feel that the stinker of a name is bound to change. Feel free to offer ypur opinion on the subsect, and any new name possibility that you might come up with or like.
    The above post was from the OP, Thats why I say anything can happen, do I think it will change to a studios park no not at all, the theme is to scattered but Ummmmm,no has said it is fact but my feeling on that it is fact its only such at present time of the current disney management, again reiterating my point 10yrs 20yrs 30yrs down the road things can change and they could decide to retool the name. Its a optimistic approach.. and your right we cant predict what will happen but thats what half the stuff on the boards is all about , armchair imagineering , second guessing , making predictions.. thats part of the fun..

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Buh-Bye To DCA's CALIFORNIA Sign On Jan 4th. Will We See New Park Name In 2012?

Quote Originally Posted by lighttragic View Post
    The above post was from the OP, Thats why I say anything can happen, do I think it will change to a studios park no not at all, the theme is to scattered but Ummmmm,no has said it is fact but my feeling on that it is fact its only such at present time of the current disney management, again reiterating my point 10yrs 20yrs 30yrs down the road things can change and they could decide to retool the name. Its a optimistic approach.. and your right we cant predict what will happen but thats what half the stuff on the boards is all about , armchair imagineering , second guessing , making predictions.. thats part of the fun..
    Yep. Armchair imagineering and making predictions is all kinds of fun! I respect your opinion here. Although, I feel there are signs which I have previously discussed that could mean a theme change for the park when it officially opens in 2012. If you are right about 10 or 20 years down the road, that would be far better than the theme never changing. As always, thank you for your insights, lighttragic.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 01-16-2011 at 11:26 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Yep. Armchair imagineering and making predictions is all kinds of fun! I respect your opinionion here, although I feel there are signs which I have previously discussed that could mean a theme change for the park when it officially opens in 2012. If you are right about 10 or 20 years down the road that would be far better than the theme never changing. Thank you for your insights.
    This makes no sense - when the park opens in 2012? So, all of the additions/changes you're seeing now - you think those equate to a park worthy of a Studios-esque title? I'm trying hard, but I really don't follow your logic whatsoever.

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Yep. Armchair imagineering and making predictions is all kinds of fun! I respect your opinionion here, although I feel there are signs which I have previously discussed that could mean a theme change for the park when it officially opens in 2012. If you are right about 10 or 20 years down the road that would be far better than the theme never changing. Thank you for your insights.
    Thanks! I enjoy your thoughts and threads as well..
    Besides a studio park or California adventure as a name what names would you see ideal for this park...
    Walt Disney's California adventure park ( similar to how they say Walt disneys Magic Kingdom)
    Disneys Adventure park

It is hard for me to think of new names for the park based on the hodgepodge of themes that currently exist. . What are your thoughts?

• Banned User

Dude its nothing wrong to speculate and come up with possibilities, thats why we come to boards like these. I do it all the time. But there is another thing when u just ignore cold hard facts that are right in front of u! U are free to believe what u want, this is the internet, but its clearly wrong, thats all people are saying. Everyone from insiders to Disney's own press releases have all but said come 2012, the park will be about California as its always been--but u just choose to ignore it all. Do u honestly think in 18 months they are going to spring a 'gotcha' on u when they have done everything humanly possible from creating a blog site to the Blue Sky Cellar to inform u on the fact DCA 2.0 is a park about California when it wont be? What exactly is the point of all of that?

Again, I'm allll for speculations and connecting dots. But I'm more for common sense and basic facts as well. Maybe in a few decades they will change the theme. Hell maybe in a few decades DCA will be the #1 Disney theme park too. Anything can happen in the future!
    Last edited by WorldDisney; 01-11-2011 at 01:56 AM.

• Banned User

No worries dude, my post wasnt really aimed at u! And I agree with all of that! Look, if they knocked down DCA, came up with a different theme and called it DisneySea, u would not find a happier person.

But I'm just being realistic in whats coming and speculating on things like theme changes 18 months and counting when we all can see they havent changed any of the lands minus the entrance, but enhanced them basically proves the theme is still the same. But in the future, it could be something different. Disney parks DO adapt like any parks (look at Epcot) so we'll see.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Well isn't this thread fun! Everything from elaborate back-patting to fierce debate. I do enjoy though how one side is allowed to speculate and infer while when the other side does it, they are wrong for doing so.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Thanks! I enjoy your thoughts and threads as well..
    Besides a studio park or California adventure as a name what names would you see ideal for this park...
    Walt Disney's California adventure park ( similar to how they say Walt disneys Magic Kingdom)
    Disneys Adventure park

It is hard for me to think of new names for the park based on the hodgepodge of themes that currently exist. . What are your thoughts?
    I love your Disney Adventure Park idea! Thanks for asking me for mine. I haven't thought about any new names beyond what I've already suggested, which was Disney-Pixar Studios. Buena Vista Studios would be cool too. Let's see if I can come up with some non-studio ideas... One idea is Disney-Pixar Adventure. Another is Disney American Journey.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 01-16-2011 at 11:28 PM.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Well isn't this thread fun! Everything from elaborate back-patting to fierce debate. I do enjoy though how one side is allowed to speculate and infer while when the other side does it, they are wrong for doing so.
    Unfortunately, it's never been uncommon for threads dealing with rumors to evolve into two sides. And one side (or at least one or two of those on that side) insist theat they are absolutely right, and request that the differing side state that they are absolutely wrong. As the OP, I have never waivered from the beginning in promoting my assertions as rumors...therefore, speculation. Whereas, I have been repetitively asked to back down and accept the other sides speculation as fact here without them having to prove it. If I have to accept as fact every opinion that another party expresses, this means that I would no longer be allowed to express my opinion on anything speculative again on MiceChat. I try to admit when I am wrong, but, like most everybody else, it's often necessary to stand my ground. I'll continue to enjoy the freedom to express myself here...and I won't back down...

Sing it Tom Petty...Play it Heartbreakers...Jump in there George and Ringo!

YouTube - Tom Petty - Won't Back Down HQ
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 01-16-2011 at 11:29 PM.

So what's actually happening at the entrance, behind the wall?

(Let's get back on topic here)

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by FlyBono24 View Post
    So what's actually happening at the entrance, behind the wall?

(Let's get back on topic here)
    In terms of construction, the wall barriers around Little Mermaid and Cars Land are about all that general gusts can see. The interior of LM is said to be pretty much ready..minus some animatronics and the clamtastic clamobiles being hooked up. The outside is still a mess.

I'm anxious to see the trolleys, the Cathay Theater, and the Buena Vista Street shop and other atmosphic conversions take place...all of which will be revealed to us when the remade park Springs into action in 2012. Thanx, FlyBono.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 01-17-2011 at 10:03 AM.

• Minion

The letters, like the sun/wave fountain and the big tile murals, were part of the original entrance concept: that you were walking into a giant postcard. Honestly, I didn't realise this was what they were going for at all until I read it somewhere, but it was actually rather clever. I'm actually going to miss a lot of the original entrance, especially the letters. Still, I'd rather have a fully fleshed-out, period-specific land, like Buena Vista Street sounds like it's going to be.

Anyhow, that's my take on why the letters are going away: because the postcard concept is no more. The park's name may or may not change, but I don't think that has anything to do with it.

Also, I'm not sure on this, but isn't the new gate going to be around where the letters are now, to allow more room for Buena Vista Street?

I really hope they don't make it a "Studios" park. Having characters or movie-based rides does not make a studios park, which should actually be about movie production, not just a collection of random movie-based rides with set or soundstage facades. They removed most of the fakey "look, it's all a movie set!" theming from HPB, so I don't think they're going that route for DCA.

I was just writing about generic Hollywood movie titles - The Dilemma, The Switch, The Happening. How about just The Theme Park?
    Last edited by animagusurreal; 01-17-2011 at 05:21 AM.
    "Happy Working Song" parody for DCA remodel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-TYESfNTP8&feature=plcp

Retro Rant Review of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II" (comedy review of direct-to-video
    Disney sequel):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../1/q1j7FU8QXu0
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../0/sasNTMDRBLU

Retro Rant Review of "Home on the Range" (comedy review of Disney movie):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-...feature=relmfu
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie...feature=relmfu
    Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vea...feature=relmfu

Visit my site: http://www.vividgroovy.com

Pratfall the albatross superheroine visits the Carthay Circle Theatre.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by animagusurreal View Post
    The letters, like the sun/wave fountain and the big tile murals, were part of the original entrance concept: that you were walking into a giant postcard. Honestly, I didn't realise this was what they were going for at all until I read it somewhere, but it was actually rather clever. I'm actually going to miss a lot of the original entrance, especially the letters. Still, I'd rather have a fully fleshed-out, period-specific land, like Buena Vista Street sounds like it's going to be.

Anyhow, that's my take on why the letters are going away: because the postcard concept is no more. The park's name may or may not change, but I don't think that has anything to do with it.

Also, I'm not sure on this, but isn't the new gate going to be around where the letters are now, to allow more room for Buena Vista Street?

I really hope they don't make it a "Studios" park. Having characters or movie-based rides does not make a studios park, which should actually be about movie production, not just a collection of random movie-based rides with set or soundstage facades. They removed most of the fakey "look, it's all a movie set!" theming from HPB, so I don't think they're going that route for DCA.

I was just writing about generic Hollywood movie titles - The Dilemma, The Switch, The Happening. How about just The Theme Park?
    The postcard entrance concept was clever. I wholeheartedly agree, animagusurreal. Unfortunately, it was built on the cheap...just like the entire pathetic 2-fer park. The idea behind Disney's unparalelled remake investment is to completly dismantle the park and give it a fresh new beginning. Thie remake will for a large part be in vain if the physical rides and other attractions are altered in the absence of disfunctional intellectual properties being changed out...meaning first and foremost, the removal of the redundent California name/theme. The movie theme for parks is working well for Disney at Walt Disney Studios themepark in Paris and Disney's Hollywood Studios at WDW.

Are Disney style studios themed parks authentic movie studios in the same sense as MGM, Warner Bros. and Universal? Of couse not. But then Disney's California Adventure isn't actually an authentic, real state either. Of further consideration, it's Disney's personal brand of studios themed parks, and everything in them is based on actual Disney studios properties as well as other trademark properties that it has aquired. Universal Studios likes the Disney style studios cancept so much that they have adopted Disney's model for it's theme parks in Orlando, as well as it's non-stateside park.

Hopefully D(C?)A will lose it's California thematic albatros, and the voices of a few that incesently cry out "It doesn't fit the California theme" will soon have no basis to do so. As far the Walt Disney Company and it's Theme Parks and Resorts division (and even it's studios division) go, it couldn't care less if there's a small group of people telling it that it can't have studios themed parks, especially in the style that Disney has decided on.

Perhaps Disney will keep the DCA name/theme. I hope not, as it is time to begin afresh. As I've said before, something on the order of Disney-Pixar Studios or Buena Vista Studios or anything on this order would be great. There are plenty of non-studios and non-California themed park names that would work too. Some of the examples of this that I have concocted are Disney-Pixar Adventures and Disney American Journey.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 01-17-2011 at 11:33 AM.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

^ Your posts like that one are hilarious to read and they just reak of misguided animosity.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    ^ Your posts like that one are hilarious to read and they just reak of misguided animosity.
    In all honesty Trevor, I do not think that I could have championed a more compelling campaign in favor of Disney keeping it's California theme for DCA. There is never any fault tp be had in pursuing and/or protecting what you believe in. It is my hope that you will take into consideration that I genuinely do feel just as strong about my opinion and efforts in opposition to the theme (no animosity intended). I regret that we are not finding much common ground to agree upon with respect to this thread topic. Hopefully, we will on future topics. Again, you always perform a dynamic job regardless of what thread topic you are dealing with. To the topical future and beyond!

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1118192021222324 ... LastLast