Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

• Kingdom Comedian

Re: Buh-Bye To DCA's CALIFORNIA Sign On Jan 4th. Will We See New Park Name In 2012?

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Couldn't the same be said about anywhere? Everywhere in the world has both amazing and boring parts to it. Its hard to deny however that the West coast has a lot of amazing natural things to do. California for this reason was a great theme to go for.
    Wait...what? Are you taking from this quote that I am against California as a theme? Not the case. (read my post immediatly above yours that says "Theme is not the problem, execution is the problem.")

Here I was specifically refuting the argument that the name "California Adventure" is redundant because "all of California is an adventure." All of California is not an adventure. So just like a movie is life with the boring parts cut out, DCA is California with the boring parts cut out. (Or at least it could be) That was all I was saying with that post.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Re: Buh-Bye To DCA's CALIFORNIA Sign On Jan 4th. Will We See New Park Name In 2012?

Ohh.. no it was more a general response to everyone but the first line from your quote is what it was based from. Sorry, that was rather unclear in retrospect.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Why does it look like the CALIFORNIA letters that were out front experienced an earthquake?
    Its sticking to its theme a little too much!

It's obvious none of the expansions to DCA have really stuck to the theme of "California" (Bugs Land, Pixar Rides etc.) Frankly, it's a difficult theme to stick to! They didn't leave themselves much room for expansion within the limits of "California".

I think they should Leave the Name "California Adventure" But make it more like "Disney's Adventure Park, which location happens to be in California" (hence the name Disney California Adventure) They can leave the name, but change the meaning, giving themselves much more room for expansion.

I offer Pixland or Pixarland as the new name. Pixland combines pixie (Tinkerbell) and Pixar in one word. Pixarland might be appropriate as Pixar movies, Carsland and future Pixar movies will play prominently in its theme, I think.
    sonny

Pixarland would be a terrible name for the park. At that point it would limit eveyr attractin to be based on Pixar movies. The park has pixar based attractions but it still has plenty of them that are not

Quote Originally Posted by PoisonAppleDear View Post
    Plus being modeled after the Pan Pacific Theater is awesome and if you wanna see what it looked like look it up or watch the video XANADU with Olivia Newton John and you can see shots of it where they filmed there for scenes.
    It was actually called the Pan Pacific Auditorium.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    I still dont like the new gate design...an exact replica of the one in DHS. It wont fit with the actual design of Buena Vista Street. They should've gone with something more elegant and less art deco.
    The new gate will be based on the Pan Pacific Auditorium which was around in those days. It's not supposed to be a replica of the one in DHS.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    I think the name should be Walt Disney's Californian Adventure.
    Californian?? Um no.

• Mischievous Mouse

I think they should call it Disney California Park.

And here is why...

•Walt came to SoCal to "park" his butt and build an animation/film studio
    •Walt loved "parks" as he had spoken of them often and finally built one.
    •What is now known as Disney's California Adventure is an amusement "park" by definition already.
    •Redwood Creek Trail resembles a national "park" setting in California
    •They are building a "park" were the Maliboomer once stood.

So there you have it.

Disney California Park.

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• Senior Minion

Personally, I like the new name. To me the Disney is now the brand and the spoken name of the park should just be California Adventure, which amongst everyone I know, it always has been. I don't think there is any good reason to change the name. To me it implies that California is a part of the framework of the park, but also could be a jumping off point for other adventures.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

^As long as they solidify that connection in the new theming, thats what I see DCA becoming too.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    I think the name should be Walt Disney's Californian Adventure.
    That only makes sense if the whole park was like Buena Vista Street and the studio section. Otherwise it doesn't since Walt Disney wasn't involved with little mermaid or pixar, nor did he travel through time to visit a roosevelt-era national park or a victorian boardwalk.

Well Walt did have in mind of making a little mermaid animated movie. He even had maquettes and a statue in his office. The money was just not there and other ideas got finished first before his death

• film975

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Well Walt did have in mind of making a little mermaid animated movie. He even had maquettes and a statue in his office. The money was just not there and other ideas got finished first before his death
    Yep. Walt had plans to do a Little Mermaid movie. I remember hearing on an old documentary years ago about the making of the Little Mermaid that they based the storm scene where Ariel saves Eric from drowning on storybaords that had been done back in Walt's time.

I always considered DCA as a studio like park although it was never called that. It would be cool if they did rename it to something like Hollywood Pictures Park... since they already have the Hollywood Pictures Backlot there. Anyway, I think the original name still fits since they're changing DCA to more of Walt Disney's point of view. Which is great they are doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by timbabbcomedian View Post
    Wait...what? Are you taking from this quote that I am against California as a theme? Not the case. (read my post immediatly above yours that says "Theme is not the problem, execution is the problem.")

Here I was specifically refuting the argument that the name "California Adventure" is redundant because "all of California is an adventure." All of California is not an adventure. So just like a movie is life with the boring parts cut out, DCA is California with the boring parts cut out. (Or at least it could be) That was all I was saying with that post.
    I agree with timbabbcomedian that execution was the biggest problem with DCA. Now they are fixing that problem in much better ways than I could've imagined. I can't wait until it's all finished.

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast