Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast

• Seeker of Fun

Re: Buh-Bye To DCA's CALIFORNIA Sign On Jan 4th. Will We See New Park Name In 2012?

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    I think the name should be Walt Disney's Californian Adventure.
    I really like this.
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Re: Buh-Bye To DCA's CALIFORNIA Sign On Jan 4th. Will We See New Park Name In 2012?

Quote Originally Posted by 4Apples4Disney View Post
    I really like this.
    Let me quote myself:
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEO,ATIS View Post
    I'm pretty sure Walt didn't encounter talking cars, a mermaid, toys that come to life, a mountain shaped like a bear, monsters return a human girl to our world, a haunted hotel, and fly around the state when he first came to California.
    I don't understand why people think the whole park should be about Walt Disney's version of Calfiornia just because one land is being rethemed to when he first got there.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEO,ATIS View Post
    Let me quote myself:

I don't understand why people think the whole park should be about Walt Disney's version of Calfiornia just because one land is being rethemed to when he first got there.
    Exactly. It's only Buena Vista Street that is going to resemble what California looked like to Walt when he first arrived here in the 1920s. This is no different than how Main Street, U.S.A. is from one era while Tomorrowland is from an entirely different era/eras.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

The entry gates are going to be a clone of Hollywood Studios in Orlando. Even the concept of Buena Vista Street is similar to Hollywood Studios. And instead of the Chinese Theater, we will have the Carthay Circle Theater as the weenie of the park.

Regardless of the name, this is now a studios park! The rides will either be in backlots, movie locations, or evoke the period in which Walt came to CA. But in one way or another all are movie or Disney related.

That's a theme that can absolutely work and allow for many new rides and attractions over the years.

It would be a mistake for Disney to think that the dropping of an "'S" would be sufficient to explain what this park is all about. And after a rough start and a multi-billion dollar makeover, this park deserves a total reboot.

Be bold and change the name Disney. Let the world know that you've created a silk purse out of a sow's ear!
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

So....Disney/Pixar Studios?

CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• Forgotten Spirit

Are we sure the CALIFORNIA letters are going away tonight? I was there today and they were reverted back to the original gold/cracked look. Why would they remove the overlay only to tear it out.

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Quote Originally Posted by MrHatboxGhost View Post
    Are we sure the CALIFORNIA letters are going away tonight? I was there today and they were reverted back to the original gold/cracked look. Why would they remove the overlay only to tear it out.
    Disney Parks Blog confirmed they are going bye bye tonight.

• Banned User

I wish they would call it Disney's Adventure Park or something so it's not so limited to one theme.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    The entry gates are going to be a clone of Hollywood Studios in Orlando. Even the concept of Buena Vista Street is similar to Hollywood Studios. And instead of the Chinese Theater, we will have the Carthay Circle Theater as the weenie of the park.

Regardless of the name, this is now a studios park! The rides will either be in backlots, movie locations, or evoke the period in which Walt came to CA. But in one way or another all are movie or Disney related.

That's a theme that can absolutely work and allow for many new rides and attractions over the years.

It would be a mistake for Disney to think that the dropping of an "'S" would be sufficient to explain what this park is all about. And after a rough start and a multi-billion dollar makeover, this park deserves a total reboot.

Be bold and change the name Disney. Let the world know that you've created a silk purse out of a sow's ear!
    This is NOT a studios park. It never will be.

• Senior Minion

I don't get this studio thing. The park mostly feature properties made in a computer, not on a lot. It doesn't even make sense.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Decor Extraordinare

Why would they remove the overlay only to tear it out.
    Who knows? The decor might wind up on eBay alongside the lifeguard reindeer.
    "I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."
    --------------------------------------------------

• Senior Minion

The studios parks are so by far the worst two Disney parks, why emulate that?
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    The studios parks are so by far the worst two Disney parks, why emulate that?
    I don't think that about Hollywood Studios, I do about Walt Disney Studios though. Toy Story Play Land is just awful. I love Hollywood Studios.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    I don't get this studio thing. The park mostly feature properties made in a computer, not on a lot. It doesn't even make sense.
    Pixar Animation Studios films are produced by a studio. They would fit in a studios park.

• Senior Minion

Well, maybe I slightly exaggerated, but I don't find them to be a very compelling concept and often it's a nice excuse for un-themed "back lot" buildings.
    -Walt Disney

Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast