• Still wants to be a cat!

When there are no fireworks, like tonight....

Is there still snow during the Christmas season, or do they cancel that also? Friends were there tonight asking where to see the fireworks and have the snow effect. Being that I live so close, I didn't here any fireworks, so I know it was cancelled. Was curious if the snow still falls somewhere, since that is really why they went. Can anyone help?
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Re: When there are no fireworks, like tonight....

Don't worry... It does snow... I was there last year two weeks before Christmas (the week when the dog keys on POTC were stolen 3 times )
    And altough I was pretty sad when I heard that there was gonna be no Holiday Believe (and wasn't gonna see it next year either) It was beautiful when we were standing right in front of the Christmas tree and it started snowing.
    I have a dream
    A song to sing
    To help me cope
    Trough everything

If you see the wonder
    of a FairyTale
    You can take the future
    even if you fail...

I believe in Angels
    Something good in everything I see
    I believe in Angels
    When I know the time is right for me...

I'll cross the stream.... I have a dream

• Still wants to be a cat!

Just heard from my friends....they were in the Small World Holiday area. Got snow and a bit of music. Main thing that happened that was reported to me, was that they let the ropes down (not sure what exactly that means) and there was literaly a stampede! People were stepping over people that were sitting on the ground. Exact quote "no one has any decency anymore!" It's a shame, your experience sounded magical, their's did not.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Tue night they canceled the fireworks, and it was blowing so hard that when the snow started coming down it looked like a BLIZZARD!!!

Boy I wish I would have thought to get a picture.... But we were running to do the last ride of the day at Haunted Mansion.

so was the fireworks cancelled tonight ?
    So, as they say at Big Thunder Mountain -- "Hold on to your hats and glasses cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!" i like west better

http://rze51.smugmug.com/

• Know More Than You Should

Yes. After a half an hour of 'Um, the fireworks might be cancelled..." they were in fact cancelled at 9:35 tonite. I know because I was there. They still did the snow though, as some sort of concellation.

• Sock Puppet

I was there tonight and the fireworks were cancelled. The announcer then said, in lieu of the fireworks they would have the snow on Main Street, Small World, and by the Rivers of America. This was done to Christmas music. There were a lot of disappointed people.

There was this marching band from Portland , Oregon that did the Main Street march prior to the second Xmas parade. It was called "The Has been band" or something like that. On the banner it also states high stepping and out of shape. It was a group of older folks and older majorettes performing. They were actually very good and a crowd please. Does anyone know the actual name of the band, I htink I got the name wrong.

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by TENORDRUMMER
    I was there tonight and the fireworks were cancelled. The announcer then said, in lieu of the fireworks they would have the snow on Main Street, Small World, and by the Rivers of America. This was done to Christmas music. There were a lot of disappointed people.

There was this marching band from Portland , Oregon that did the Main Street march prior to the second Xmas parade. It was called "The Has been band" or something like that. On the banner it also states high stepping and out of shape. It was a group of older folks and older majorettes performing. They were actually very good and a crowd please. Does anyone know the actual name of the band, I htink I got the name wrong.
    It was the "Get A Life Band" it was fricken awesome- check them out at "www.getalifeband.com" they were these old people, very out of shape, some as players in the band, some old ladies as cheerleaders, some as drum majors, some as flag twirlers, etc...

To the subject of the canceling of fireworks, it was perhaps one of the most amusing moments I can recall in the park. They made the final annoucement and before grumbling could occur the magic snow fell and people were in such a rush to leave or try to get to the 10:30 Fantasmic, the snow became this giagantic distraction and dazed most people into milling about like cattle.

Quote Originally Posted by Club 33
    Yes. After a half an hour of 'Um, the fireworks might be cancelled..." they were in fact cancelled at 9:35 tonite.
    Actually that's only 10 min after they were supposed to start (9:25)... they just play the announcment for a while before show time to hopefully send a warning to some guests that they MIGHT be canceled. That way people can't be standing around and say there was no warning or "they never heard" the show could be canceled.

The snow ran just fine.
    -Wes

• Senior Minion

Please try to stay on topic thanks!
    Last edited by Alchimedes; 11-20-2005 at 07:54 PM.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Who's your DaddyB?

When I was there Wednesday night, after the fireworks were cancelled not only did they have snow and the pretty "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas" that they've always played when it snows after the fireworks, but they also had falling snowflakes projected on Sleeping Beauty's castle. It was so pretty!
    ---------------------------------------------

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

• I love that tiny bear!

They projected snowflakes on IASW on Saturday night when the fireworks were cancelled. I was up on the terraced area a level down from the Beauty and the Beast photo collage and everyone was quite civil, but we weren't packed in TOO tightly and I don't think too many people there had been waiting for too terribly long. There was just a crush of people, though, and I had to hop on the train at Toontown station just to get out of there.

(I feel VERY lucky because we were in only town Thursday through Sunday morning, and I badgered my mother into watching the fireworks on Thursday, the only night they ran them during our trip. We were within sight of the castle and she said it was the best show she'd ever seen. I doubt I'll make it back to Anaheim before the 50th celebration is over, so I'm a very fortunate girl indeed, to have seen it!)