Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

New Pirates movie = New Pirates ride?

SPOILER ALERT!

First off. Thank you very much, SteamboatAlodie for the opportunity to view the trailer with you. I had an amazing time!

So with the movie trailer being released yesterday, you probably saw old pirates looking not like their regular selves and new pirates not seen before. with that the case, I am hoping changes will be made to our current Pirates of the Caribbean attraction.

Now here are the spoilers

Spoiler
    The Director said and from seeing the trailer, Barbossa is not a pirate anymore and is now working for the King of England. Black Beard (The original Pirate captain who commandeered the Wicked Wench) will be in this new Pirates move. How do you think these two characters will affect the ride? Do you want Black Beard to hop aboard the Wicked Wench again? Do you think Barbossa is fine where he is in the ride or should they move him inside the city some where?

Discuss

• Banned User

Re: New Pirates movie = New Pirates ride?

I don't think there should be a second pirates ride. The original was fine with me and they had to throw characters from the movie in there which irritated me very much. Besides, judging by the trailer, it looks like four will be much worse than three.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Not a second ride, but an update to the current ride.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    Not a second ride, but an update to the current ride.
    Unless the film does truly mind-blowing business and reignites the Pirates frenzy... don't hold your breath.

• Fastest Man Alive

Not a bad idea. It would both return something back for all those with nostalgia, while at the same time touting the new movie. I'd be all fore a brand new Blackbeard commanding the Wicked Wench, as much as I love Barbossa- I think it'd be an improvement.
    "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

I have a feeling that thats what their doing. Returning the ride somewhat to the way it was by replacing Barbosa with the old captain. I can't complain if they do.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Yes please to Blackbeard. But the rest of the ride would still be the hot mess with shouting about Jack Sparrow and unneeded elements that weren't improving anything to start with...
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    I have a feeling that thats what their doing. Returning the ride somewhat to the way it was by replacing Barbosa with the old captain. I can't complain if they do.
    Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    Yes please to Blackbeard. But the rest of the ride would still be the hot mess with shouting about Jack Sparrow and unneeded elements that weren't improving anything to start with...
    I think that would be nice and at the same time, Blackbread would not look like from the original version of himself.

Timekeeper
    Now the Tower of Sauron has fallen
    Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

• Progressive Disneylander

I would tend to be for such an idea. I think the Pirates movie franchise could command its own attraction since it's not only incredibly popular, but it's very different from the original attraction.

I've been fine with all of the tweaks to POTC attraction thus far, but I don't want them to change TOO much of it so that it no longer resembles the classic ride. At this point, I'd rather see Disney take their new ideas and implement them in a new attraction instead of making more changes to POTC.

I'd envision something a lot more adventurous that POTC and specifically themed around the Jack Sparrow character. I'm just not sure where you would put/fit an E-ticket like that in DL, though.
    Last edited by KISSman; 12-14-2010 at 03:45 PM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    Barbossa was never an "improvement", more or less just an addition. The improvements were the lighting, and upgraded audio (not the ride soundtrack, but the actual speakers) quality.

I'm up for moving Hector to somewhere else in the attraction, and placing either the original style of blackbeard, or one to look like the new one from the film. I've always thought it was odd that he was commanding a ship besides the Black Pearl.

But like Ummmmm, no said, if the film totally rocks, and "refreshes" the popularity of the POTC franchise, then don't hold your breath.

On a relative side note:

I've always thought it'd be a nice addition to add Pintel and Ragetti to the end of the ride. Either where the old pirates pushing the treasure up the hill were, or sitting on the ledges right by the lift hill.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by MainStreetJake View Post
    Barbossa was never an "improvement", more or less just an addition. The improvements were the lighting, and upgraded audio (not the ride soundtrack, but the actual speakers) quality.
    I wasn't referring to Barbossa with that, but things that were just changing things for sake of change, not because they even reinforced the Jack Sparrow "story" or were better than what was there before (like the Davy Jones new dialogue instead of the old, much better transition tunnel and again at the end...ugh.)
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

I'm all in favor of any returns to the past for Pirates but no further "New" pirate introductions to this classic attraction. However, I'm all in favor of enhanced special effects.

The big problem is with Tom Sawyer's Island. They canceled phase 2 of the project so the Island is a mishmash of themes. They either need to pull the pirates off the island or finish the project. One or the other. But perhaps they could get the studio to pay for finishing the job they helped start!
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Quote Originally Posted by MainStreetJake View Post
    On a relative side note:

I've always thought it'd be a nice addition to add Pintel and Ragetti to the end of the ride. Either where the old pirates pushing the treasure up the hill were, or sitting on the ledges right by the lift hill.
    I love those guys. As such, I really like that idea!!! Now if those two don't make an appearance in On Stranger Tides, then I imagine that would be a "moo" point. [Sorry, old Friends episode habit. ;] But, here's to hoping. *fingers crossed*
    Sparrow, Johnson, Skellington, Black, White, ... Daniels. I just love Jack's!

P.S. You can always visit me on MySpace at: http://myspace.com/miisvegas.

• Shifting cargo

Quote Originally Posted by piratepixy View Post
    I love those guys. As such, I really like that idea!!! Now if those two don't make an appearance in On Stranger Tides, then I imagine that would be a "moo" point. [Sorry, old Friends episode habit. ;] But, here's to hoping. *fingers crossed*
    I love those two as well, but I don't believe they're going to make an appearance in the 4th. Good ol' Mr. Gibbs will be back, though!

In regards to adding new characters from this upcoming Pirates to the ride, I say, "No." This classic ride has already been overtaken by the Pirates movie franchise once and they don't need to add anything else unnecessarily. Bring back the original Blackbeard, take out the AA Capt. Barbossa that looks absolutely nothing like him, and take out the POTC movie theme that plays during that scene. The AA Jack at the end lift can stay, if he promises to behave. Those are the only changes I would want to make to the ride; subtracting effects.

Note that I am a POTC movie fan wholeheartedly, but I felt very strongly when they added in new effects from the movie and I would feel the same way if they added things in again. I say leave the ride as it is. Updates and new effects can be made, but please don't have them be from the movies.

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

• ---------------

I'm just hoping they return the ride back to its classic self.
    If they want a ride based off the movie, there's plenty of space in DCA (Hollywood area would be a nice place).
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast