Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Re: Is the Monorail along Harbor on Disney propery or city property?

I think so too^ Its so hard to know because a million factors play into it. Monorails are more custom, but you only need one beam with side rails while elevated rail is more stock but also requires more infrastructure above ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric5675 View Post
    I believe part of the issue in Anaheim would come from retrofitting the beam for more trains. However, for simply the track, the cost is extreme due to the special contruction process. Check out The Monorail Society for some more information on costs of varying projects around the world.
    Right, but I was just wondering the cost of the beam and the support alone (basically the cost before trains and right of way.

• Nerd

nothing is cheaper than a bus or a tram
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by RiversOfAmerica View Post
    It's much cheaper (not to mention more efficient) to put in a people mover or speed ramp in the same length. [in comparison of a monorail track to a parking structure]
    Ditto. Besides, that would probably require ticket takers in the parking structure station to make sure guests already bought their ticket or have their APs to ride the monorail. And more confusion for guests who don't understand the monorail system.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12