Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Tom Chaney R.I. P.

New Info on disability pass

Just got back from spending two days at DL, Weds 11-16and Fri 11-18.
    My wife is on disabilty and has a hard time spending long days at the park, we went to City hall and requested a front of the line pass, there was no problem in getting one. I think the key to getting on is telling them you need a front of line pass and there are medical reasons that require it. On the two days we were there most of the rides were not very busy we only used it about 15 times in two days.

Bob

• Still wants to be a cat!

Re: New Info on disability pass

So glad that worked out for you, sometimes it can be a problem....ask CL!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Banned User

Is it true you can get a pass if you have ADHD? That's what I've heard. Although I have ADHD and doubt I'd ever need it, I can wait in lines.. I just choose not to half the time lol.

• I'm your huckleberry.

I hope you can't get a SAP for ADHD!!! As the parent of a child with ADHD I think that is a poor use of the pass program.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Banned User

I've read in guide books you can get a pass for a kid with ADHD. I think that's ridiculous and I'm allowed to criticise because I do have ADHD.

Thumbs down Re: New Info on disability pass

Quote Originally Posted by tahoebob54
    I think the key to getting on is telling them you need a front of line pass...
    The fact that you even call it a "front of line pass" makes me sick. You should be ashamed, that's why the park has Fast Pass.

Ugh... just another reason for long lines.
    -Wes

• Tom Chaney R.I. P.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley815
    The fact that you even call it a "front of line pass" makes me sick. You should be ashamed, that's why the park has Fast Pass.

Ugh... just another reason for long lines.
    the question I have for you why shoud I be ashamed??

My wife has a disability that prevents her from being in the park for more that 4 or 5 hours a day. A few years ago when we were there she lasted a total of 2 hours one day. We pay the same amount of money to get in, if we used fast pass in a two hour span how much could you really do in that time.

another point is it is called a disability pass and they put a special front of the line stamp on it, so it is a front of the line pass.

Wesley815, I find it very sad that you would tell someone with a disability that is covered by the Americans with a disability act that they should be ashamed.

for the record I do not use the pass when my wife returns to the hotel, and I go the park by myself, I stand in lines or use fastpass just like everyone elce does.

the reason DL changed the rules for the disability pass is so that it is not abused by people who can spend time in line, my wife is unable to do so.

federal laws state that they can not ask what the disability is, but we did choose to disclose to what is going on to guest services so they would not feel we were trying to take advantage of the system.

my wife on some days spends all day in bed and can not get out, she can not work, drive or do other things most other people can. on some days even doing a load of dishes is to much. she needs to find a ride, or take a cab to the store to go shoping. Im am lucky that I can take time off my work so I can take her to the doctor for medical appts.

So no I do feel ashamed, and if I make you sick, sorry but there is nothing I can do about that..

Wesley I hope your life is healthy and you never are in a position that you need to use any exrtra services that are out there.

BOB

• Guardian Construct

when the people infront of me in line asked about a front of the line pass for their ADHD kid they were told it is no longer avalible. my child also has ADHD and we have never tried to get one. but i have friends who were also told they no longer do that pass. so are they or have they stoped... anyone work there that could find out for sure

Quote Originally Posted by tahoebob54
    the question I have for you why shoud I be ashamed??

My wife has a disability that prevents her from being in the park for more that 4 or 5 hours a day. A few years ago when we were there she lasted a total of 2 hours one day. We pay the same amount of money to get in, if we used fast pass in a two hour span how much could you really do in that time.

another point is it is called a disability pass and they put a special front of the line stamp on it, so it is a front of the line pass.

Wesley815, I find it very sad that you would tell someone with a disability that is covered by the Americans with a disability act that they should be ashamed.

for the record I do not use the pass when my wife returns to the hotel, and I go the park by myself, I stand in lines or use fastpass just like everyone elce does.

the reason DL changed the rules for the disability pass is so that it is not abused by people who can spend time in line, my wife is unable to do so.

federal laws state that they can not ask what the disability is, but we did choose to disclose to what is going on to guest services so they would not feel we were trying to take advantage of the system.

my wife on some days spends all day in bed and can not get out, she can not work, drive or do other things most other people can. on some days even doing a load of dishes is to much. she needs to find a ride, or take a cab to the store to go shoping. Im am lucky that I can take time off my work so I can take her to the doctor for medical appts.

So no I do feel ashamed, and if I make you sick, sorry but there is nothing I can do about that..

Wesley I hope your life is healthy and you never are in a position that you need to use any exrtra services that are out there.

BOB
    I wouldn't mind waiting in line a little longer for someone who really needed a front of the line pass like your wife, but the system is so abused by all the people that rent the wheel chairs and the electric scooters who don't really need it. A front of the line pass should only be used when its a necessity not just a convienience.

...and a front of the line pass for ADHD, wow I don't even know what to think about that. Next people will be getting front of the line passes for cases of depression.

• Guardian Construct

Quote Originally Posted by Tom319
    I wouldn't mind waiting in line a little longer for someone who really needed a front of the line pass like your wife, but the system is so abused by all the people that rent the wheel chairs and the electric scooters who don't really need it. A front of the line pass should only be used when its a necessity not just a convienience.

...and a front of the line pass for ADHD, wow I don't even know what to think about that. Next people will be getting front of the line passes for cases of depression.
    thats why we dont bother she is not that bad of a case. but my friends kid has other issues making it much harder to deal with him around loud noises and bright lights. sometime i wish we could take him to the park but he cant deal with all the waiting and all the stimuli.

• love my friends

Quote Originally Posted by Tom319

I agree with that... i mean disabled people yep I totally agree.. it is great for them but people do abuse the system.

I think a ADD person shouldnt need a pass though.my step son has it and we have never had a front of the line pass

Friends for life

• A Pirate's life for me!

When we were at the Park last June, we were waiting in line to get our B-Day sticker and phone call. While we were waiting, the other line might as well have been an ADD line. The CM's were handing out passes like they were candy on halloween. Each mother would stand there and just say that their kid had ADD and that was all that it took.

Now, believing in Karma, I would never claim that one of my kids was sick or had an illness that would require a pass to cut in front of other guests, but you have to wonder...Are there that many kids with ADD that need assistance? Or were the mothers just trying to pull one over on a CM so they don't have to wait in line??? I honestly don't know.

I feel for the true kids that suffer from ADD. At the same time, I know that there are folks out there that would lie about it just to save a little time in the Park.

God bless our children.

• Banned User

I really don't see the need for a pass with ADD or ADHD. I have ADHD and I'm medicated.. even so I know better than to push myself. Any line over 30 minutes I can't handle so I FP it. Maybe it's worse for little kids, I was only diagnosed at 16.

• insufferable know-it-all

EW: I don't know, I've seen some kids... well, who knows, maybe its tourettes not ADD, but anyway, some kids really couldn't take it. But those severe cases are few and far between. I'm okay when it's ACTUALLY needed and not just parents not wanting to deal with an impatient child.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

So they're now back to handing out disability passes again? Last year when my mom and I went they would not give her one even though she had a letter from her doctor saying that she cannot spend long hours in the hot sun on her feet (she's diabetic). It was never a problem before that, but that time they turned her away and said sorry can't help you. I'll have to check into that the next time we go.
    "Disney Crystal Power! Make-Up!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast