Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Revised Fire Scene in World of Color

I haven't seen this mentioned on here. If it has, please forgive me.
    But last night while watching World of Color I noticed several differences. The biggest being that during the fire scene they now have the fountains shooting off with the flames at various heights in various directions. Along with a new lighting sequence. Also several of the lighting sequences throughout the show were different. Especially during the "So Close" scene. I'm not sure if this was due to the rain (can't see it being that one. But putting it out there) or testing of revisions. Maybe it even could have been a technical difficulty. Either way, it made the fire sequence even more intense. Has anyone noticed it in recent shows?

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Re: Revised Fire Scene in World of Color

I think it is all technical problems with the effects?

• Minion

no your right they added fountains to the fire scene to use less fire and sometimes at the end its no fire both nights i went they also took some fire out of pirates so changes i guess to save the fuel on fire?

It's a music Celebration
    Come on, come on, come on
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Come on, come on, come on
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on

• Future Indy Castmember

It's some kind of technical problem with the flamethrowers. When I saw it on Dec 11th, the flames worked fine in the finale and the hellfire scene didn't include the extra fountain movement.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Banned User

It sounds like a 'back up' when the flamethrowers arent working right. Its similar to the back up plan Fantasmic has when the dragon doesnt come out, thats all this is.

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

I don't think nothing has been revised to the WOC at all.

I have seen this show a lot, and never seen anything different.

It's probably a technical difficulties.

Maybe the
    SPARKY thing wasn't working to ignite the flame. I would always see the NATURAL GASES shooting out, but it fails to ignite the gas.

that is why, you would sometime see just the left side haven't full flame effects or the right side.

Also, this may be the main reason, there too much water on the igniter "spark Plug" to light it up. It would require several pulses of sparks to get rid of the water and light the gas.

EDIT:
    Here's a FULL HD video that I recorded on 12.12.2010.

I don't see anything different on this video. You can DEFINITELY see gas/
    flammable liquid fluid SHOOTING into the air not igniting in some part.

Starting at
    20:30

Last edited by SoCalbma; 12-18-2010 at 12:30 PM.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• Banned User

Remember folks, World of Color is incredibly versatile. They have so many variables to easily tweak, and it can even just be a minor change such as more fountains, less fire. None the less, the show is still impressive, even if something may not be working one night. It can be fixed, and the replacements may/may not be up to some people's "standards" on here, but it will still be a nice subtle replacement overall, until the potential issue gets fixed.

Sometimes the chemical they use for the fire does not "catch." Especially when it's raining. So it ends up looking like it's just a moving jet of "water." But it's not. It's just a fire plume that fails to ignite. They haven't made any real substantive changes to the show since it opened. Go on a non rain night. More fire should be working.
    -boy33

Twitter: @boy33

• Zephyr Pilot

I have seen the show more times than most guests and I can confirm that it isn't the chemicals failing to "catch." Occasionally there are fountains added during the fire scene. They are fountains for sure because they are taller and there are a lot more fountains than flamethrowers. This is probably to hide those flame throwers that fail to "catch" or add some extra visuals when the fire is lacking.

• hi!

the last time i watched the show, they didn't have the fire go off for its "last hurrah" right before the last/ending note. instead, was a rainbow of fountains.
    -plagued

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Here's a FULL HD video that I recorded on 12.12.2010.

I don't see anything different on this video. You can DEFINITELY see gas/flammable liquid fluid SHOOTING into the air not igniting in some part.

Starting at 20:30

Last edited by SoCalbma; 12-18-2010 at 12:24 PM.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• hi!

yep, when i went on 12.16.2010, they had no fire at all where your video has it at 26:18; the fire scene during the villains segment had fire, but it seemed very lacking.. like only half of the fire spouts were working -- i say it was just a technical fluke as i've seen other similar flukes (zurg lasers not working, pods not coming up, some projections not working etc)
    -plagued

• Former Starspeeder Pilot

I was there last night as well, and the fire was definitely subdued. It makes the villain scene a lot less intense, IMO. There was also little or no fire in the finale, can't remember for sure.

I hope it is just something fluky, the fire is a tremendous part of the show.

Walking in Walt's footsteps

I have seen the show 22 times since launch now. An I've never seen them do this. Even with all the fountains going during the fire scene you could still see the flammable fluid shooting up. I'm pretty sure water doesn't have THAT big of an effect on the fluid igniting since it sits underwater all day and gets hit by the fountains during the show. This looked like a purposeful revision.

Since launch, the flamethrowers have worked less and less. So, they might be trying to supstitute some of the lacking flamethrowers with fountains. If they all work, cool. If they don't, it's harder to notice because all the fountains are going off. An during both finales last night they didn't shoot off any of the flames. Not even the fluid during the last 2 performances. Believe me, I can tell. So maybe they took it out. I don't know... It was my first time seeing it in the rain. The different lighting I chalked up to technical difficulties. But it still looked cool to me! Btw, the laser effects are awesome in the rain! Whenever it rains I'm heading to the resort just to see WOC!

• LOL!!!!!!! (MC teen joke)

No. It is new. I've seen the show 3 times over the past 3 weeks and they have all done this. The first time it happened when I saw it was during the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Watch this video. This is for sure extra fountains. And like Imag1neer said, I think the fountains act as a back up in case the fire doesn't work. Skip to 1:40.
    The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast