• Former Starspeeder Pilot

Rain cancelling Fantasmic?

I was at the park last night and they played a message throughout the park that Fantasmic! had been canceled, "to ensure the safety of our performers." This surprised me, because I had just read in another thread Thursday that Fantasmic! did go on during rain, even a downpour. Someone posted a video showing as much.

Were both shows canceled last night, or just the late one? Has anyone had rain cancel Fantasmic! before? Also, we didn't show up to Disneyland until about 10:45, was it dead the whole night? Indiana Jones was practically a walk-on.

Also, I saw the 10:15 show of World of Color last night, and it'd be a stretch to say even hundreds were there. We showed up at about 10:05, without fastpasses, and stood right at the top of the center stairs in the blue section, and we could have laid down there was so much room. Well worth standing in a light rain to get a great view of the show, I highly recommend it.

Walking in Walt's footsteps

• hi!

Re: Rain cancelling Fantasmic?

Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    I was at the park last night and they played a message throughout the park that Fantasmic! had been canceled, "to ensure the safety of our performers." This surprised me, because I had just read in another thread Thursday that Fantasmic! did go on during rain, even a downpour. Someone posted a video showing as much.

Were both shows canceled last night, or just the late one? Has anyone had rain cancel Fantasmic! before? Also, we didn't show up to Disneyland until about 10:45, was it dead the whole night? Indiana Jones was practically a walk-on.

Also, I saw the 10:15 show of World of Color last night, and it'd be a stretch to say even hundreds were there. We showed up at about 10:05, without fastpasses, and stood right at the top of the center stairs in the blue section, and we could have laid down there was so much room. Well worth standing in a light rain to get a great view of the show, I highly recommend it.
    i believe Fantasmic (and Fireworks show) cancellations are more due to wind precautions than they are for rain. especially since F! has pyrotechnics so close to its audience. WoC can still go on with winds since the fire is so far away.. and if it blows water all over the place, its expected since its a water show. i did notice that it was getting pretty hefty gusts around the times the shows would be playing

i was at the park yesterday as well.. but i didn't visit any attractions as i was only there to do some secret santa christmas shopping
    -plagued

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Got this from my thread i created 3 weeks ago.
    Just came back from a strange rainy evening at Disneyland. 11.23.10

It was raining at time during Fantasmic showing and the show still continue.

So here's a video of JUST the CROWD SHOT during the Finale scene where the fireworks provided me with extra bright light to shine into the crowd.

What do you guys think?

This video is only 1 min long showing the crowd and the rain falling in the background

Last edited by SoCalbma; 12-18-2010 at 01:05 PM.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

Fantasmic! can perform in light rain, but it rarely finishes a performance in heavy downpours. This usually happens when it begins raining immediately prior to the performance.
    If heavy rain is ongoing, it becomes impossible for them to set up the light towers, and the dirt on Tom Sawyer Island quickly becomes mud.

• Former Starspeeder Pilot

I wanted to try to get out to see Fantasmic! or the fireworks tonight, but didn't make it. Did they cancel both again like they did for the last two nights?

Walking in Walt's footsteps

• Fantasmic! Fanatic

I am almost certain that they did cancel it tonight. It was raining pretty hard when I left around 8:30.

• Bring Your Own Redemption

Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    I wanted to try to get out to see Fantasmic! or the fireworks tonight, but didn't make it. Did they cancel both again like they did for the last two nights?
    Yup, Fantasmic! and fireworks were cancelled again tonight.
    Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Yes both shows last night (Saturday) we were supposed to see the 900PM show, but it got cancelled which honestly I like. While I enjoy fantasmic, it just bogs down so much of that part of the park.

Quote Originally Posted by passholder View Post
    While I enjoy fantasmic, it just bogs down so much of that part of the park.
    F! has been packing them in for 18 years. It is a great show and clever viewing area.

• Knight that says Nee!!

Quote Originally Posted by Raindown View Post
    F! has been packing them in for 18 years. It is a great show and clever viewing area.
    Clever viewing area? oooook...

Wind, more than rain is what will cancel the F! and fireworks shows. Although as mrfantasmic also pointed out, steady or heavy rain when they are trying to prep and set for the show will also cancel it as the electronic gear involved is too dangerous to hook up in such weather conditions.

So believe is cancelled due to rain as well as wind. I was planning on heading down there tuesday to try and catch the fireworks since they were cancelled due to wind last time I was there but it's suppost to rain on tuesday. Is it rain in general, or will they go off in a light rain?

• Disneyland's the best!

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
    Clever viewing area? oooook...
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
    It's easy enough to be pleasant
    when life hums along like a song.
    But the man worth while
    is the man who can smile
    when everything goes dead wrong.

I was at those very specific shows, Where it rained and the show went on. I was very worried it would be canceled but the very moment Fantasmic started it wasn't raining, then 45secs later it started to rain again, It was really a stop and go every 2mins. Sadden you didn't get to see Fantasmic in the rain, It's really amazing, Less people so the show music/sounds echoing across the land's walls, the lights where brighter it seemed. Very interesting.

• A Happy Haunt

The Haunted Mansion in New Orleans Square

Fantasmic does often go on during the rain. I've even had a show time moved up to try to finish before the rain hit too hard. Unfortunately these past few days of consistent rain has caused both the parades and fantasmic shows to be canceled hours before the show was scheduled to happen.
    Disney hates to cancel shows and usually delays the cancellation as long as possible.

• Future Indy Castmember

Just got back from DLR. Fantasmic! was cancelled tonight hours before its scheduled time. I knew it was cancelled becuase everything wasn't set up for the show around 6pm.

The 1st parade was cancelled but they did go on with the 2nd show.

Fireworks went on just fine and WoC went on too. Though because the park hours were shortened, the 3rd showing was canclled. The showtimes for WoC were 8pm, 9:15 and the cancelled 10:15 performance.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74