Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Miracle:(n) Kings win Cup

Thousand Oaks, Staples Center, Disneyland

Sunday, 12/19 - Space Mountain closed for fallen woman

I went to the parks this past Sunday, and when I returned with my FastPass to Space Mountain around 7:00ish in the evening, guests were being evacuated from the queue and the attraction. From the sound of the people coming down the ramp, a woman had slipped and fallen in the queue, thus the cast members were having everyone exit the attraction. By the way, it rained nearly ALL SUNDAY.

Can anyone confirm this? What happened?

When I returned later in the evening with my FastPass again, the attraction was working; however, inside the 'space station' and every 20 feet or so, a cast member (not costumed for Space), was reminding everyone that the flooring was extremely slippery from the queue to the attraction load. It was rather creepy walking by the CMs and hearing the same safety spiel every 20 feet. There were also new carpet pads recently down on the ground.

Anyone know anything about this or experienced it also? I never realized how dangerous Disneyland actually is during the rain...any similar stories out there with Space or any other attractions?

• Fantasmic! Fanatic

Re: Sunday, 12/19 - Space Mountain closed for fallen woman

Space was down at round 12 for the half hour we ate at the Pizza Port, don't know when it opened up finally. I am not surprised that someone slipped and fell.

Even with the extra carpeting at Buzz the carpets were soaked by 11 thus making the extra carpet pointless. The flooring through Buzz indoor queue is really slippery! Haunted Mansion was pretty slippery in the elevator but CM's were going in with squeegees after it emptied. Space was certainly slippery enough that you could just push your feet on the floor like ice skating. But theres really nothing Disney can do when its raining as much as it is right now.

Yeah, the carpets were pretty much pointless throughout the resort...or rather, they were so used that they only helped out ever so slightly. Mansion was definitely slippery in the elevators...nothing like bad show with three men in yellow galoshes and rain jackets in an old haunted mansion. I know it is necessary, it's just funny.

For those who come prepared, Disneyland is rather fun (and different) in the rain. I definitely recommend it to anyone with some dough to spare!

• Johnny and Me!

Off topic, but how crowded was it?

There was hardly anyone there. The longest wait time I saw in DL was Space standby at 50 minutes, and everything else was close to 5-15 minutes. I imagine that was because it was the only indoor roller coaster. The pathways were extremely clear and lines were really short. At DCA, pretty much everything was walk-on, except for Midway Mania, which I saw consistently a 30 min. wait. Tower was a walk-on too. Soarin' saw about 30 minutes as well. 10:15 showing of WOC was barren! We could watch it from anywhere we wanted...

On a side note, with WOC, the Sun Wheel's lights were not working and the far right-most water screen wasn't operating, but other than that, it still showed well.

• Awaken the spirits

Quote Originally Posted by Puck2DaHead View Post
    any similar stories out there with Space or any other attractions?
    Back in January I was there at the rope drop and decided to go on Buzz as my first and last ride of the trip (I was only there to shop before going home) and I'm not sure what had happened but a handicapped woman had fallen on the ground at unload and they shut down the ride. I didn't see it happen, I heard it and looked up to see a bunch of people running over to her, an empty wheelchair, and the woman on the ground. I'm not sure if she fell trying to get from the ride vehicle to her wheelchair, or what.

Also, my mom tripped and fell on a curb at Main Street after being distracted by a cart selling those obnoxious flashy glow sword thingamabobs. She didn't feel as stupid though once she saw a couple other people trip and fall down at the exact same spot later!

I always keep my eye out for the tracks on main street. They can get pretty slick.

• Embrace the kitsch!

Okay, so did anyone else read the thread title and think, "There was a prostitute in Space Mountain?"

Nobody?

Maybe I should stop reading so much Agatha Christie.
    Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
    Charter Member

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasmanatic View Post
    Space was down at round 12 for the half hour we ate at the Pizza Port, don't know when it opened up finally. I am not surprised that someone slipped and fell.

Even with the extra carpeting at Buzz the carpets were soaked by 11 thus making the extra carpet pointless. The flooring through Buzz indoor queue is really slippery! Haunted Mansion was pretty slippery in the elevator but CM's were going in with squeegees after it emptied. Space was certainly slippery enough that you could just push your feet on the floor like ice skating. But theres really nothing Disney can do when its raining as much as it is right now.
    Yesterday, I almost slipped (and so did a lot of other people) exiting TSMM into the gift shop...Pretty much anything with tile was an issue yesterday

• Functional & Decorative

Quote Originally Posted by Puck2DaHead View Post
    There was hardly anyone there. The longest wait time I saw in DL was Space standby at 50 minutes
    If Space is 50 minutes, it doesn't really seem like "there was hardly anyone there." I remember many times the park was so dead, even Space was 15 min or less wait.

I was in the park Saturday, and given the rain conditions, the park still seemed fairly crowded to me.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by JesterMn View Post
    If Space is 50 minutes, it doesn't really seem like "there was hardly anyone there." I remember many times the park was so dead, even Space was 15 min or less wait.

I was in the park Saturday, and given the rain conditions, the park still seemed fairly crowded to me.
    Yeah, Space was 50 minutes, and everything else was only a 5 - 15 minute wait. There was nobody in line for Mansion so much that my girlfriend and I took a picture in front of the lawn with nobody in the frame.

• Disney Philosopher

I've been there in the rain when you could walk on anything
    "These are a few of my favorite things"

• Laughing Last..

We were there all day Sunday, in the rain, and went on Space Mountain at about 11ish. While walking down the que inside, before you reach the space station, I slipped and darn near went down hard. Just simply waking, being careful as the tile was wet. The tiles were extremely slick in between the rugs they had put down. Down in the station, a young man had gone down after exiting the ride. Just be careful, take your time, and you won't wind up at the orthopedist's office.
    LOS ANGELES
    ANGELS
    OF ANAHEIM
    WHAT A STUPID NAME

CALIFORNIA ANGELS FOREVER

Baseball is our religion
    The stadium our cathedral
    Beer and peanuts our sacrament

I saw an old lady eat it hard on Soarin on Sunday.
    We were lined up in the rows right before you enter the theater and she slipped on the walkway coming down. Everyone waiting heard the thud. It took her a minute, but she got up and rode just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway Guru View Post
    Okay, so did anyone else read the thread title and think, "There was a prostitute in Space Mountain?"

Nobody?

Maybe I should stop reading so much Agatha Christie.
    I thought the same thing! Also an Agatha Christie fan... guess there's a connection between her and fallen women

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast