As DustySage seems to hint ... factions in WDI will "go to war".
Or maybe another term would be "tug of war" for an internal "vote" of sorts for either an Expanded Frontierland, or Newly Renovated Tomorrowland.
What do you all think is more important?
My thoughts? Frontierland can wait!
Unlike the situation in Tomorrowland ... Frontierland does not look like it has these "gaping holes" that are a sad sight. Like Tomorrowland. We can take the stroll through Big Thunder Trail. We see a full forest ... with the BBQ restaurant in full swing. The ranch area next door with the small petting zoo.. is a decent "filler". At Halloween and Christmas times .. the area is decorated .. and there's always something cute to enjoy in there.
Even though the area has had two concepts spread out over a period of 3 decades, fall on their behind, .... The land seems to "look" alright for the time-being.
THEN THERE'S TOMORROWLAND. With glaring "pot holes" that need addressing .. like now!
It's a known fact TL98 was a disaster on so many levels. They took the basic "1967" infrastructure .. and just did few "blings" and paint .. ON TOP of it.
It's like taking an aging face with wrinkles, and put a layer of make-up over it. But it's not hard to see the "lines" underneath that makeup.
* Tomorrowland's "face" ... all those "1967 Building Facades" need to come down .. and build new buildings .. or address the facade walls .. by rebuilding them.
* How long are they going to keep Innoventions going?
* Do they really think they can keep the 3D House (Captain EO) .. when I took a look at my local Multi-Plex (Narnia in 3D, Tron in 3D, Yogi Bear in 3D, Mega Mind in 3D, and other releases coming soon .. "In 3D" .. "In 3D" .. "In 3D" ... "In 3D" .... It's time to put 3D films in the theme parks .. to a permanent rest!
* We've been talking about the Astro Oribitor. For many reasons ... it needs to come out. As the theme of TL:98 is dead. The last remants of it need to go .. If not for aesthetic reasons .. but for practical reasons such as traffic flow near the hub!
* The Peoplemover track. The most glaring "Pot Hole" of them all! It's been A FULL DECADE this track has been closed. I know they got ideas up their sleeves.
So ... as we put Frontierland and Tomorrowland head to head ... both have had ideas/plans constantly put on the back burner.
When Nature's Wonderland Mine Trains were cleared in Jan 1977 ... that's when Discovery Bay was born on the artist's table. Models up for display in Main Street by the early 80s. An opening was not clear. Perhaps around 1985? Then in 1996 something nice did come along. The 2 year run of Hunchback of Notre Dame's "Festival of Fools" Stage Show. In 2002, Geyser Mountain came close to realization. Basically, the same format to Disney/MGM Studios' ToT. But ToT was raced on the drawing board, for an ailing DCA, instead, for 2004! And a redundant ride system in DL has rendered such an idea for Frontierland, obsolete.
So .. Frontierland has been waiting for an expansion essentially since Discovery Bay's proposed opening - 1985. 25 years.
Now Tomorrowland ..........
Once the American Bicentennial was over in 1977 (Space Mountain in construction) ... WDI started hinting at a return of CoP to return to the carousel theater. But not into a theater basically "as it was". This is when concepts for a new Tomorrowland began to take shape in the halls of WDI.
Just 10 years after "World on the move" debuted. Just as the '67 Tomorrowland had replaced it's earlier Tomorrowland by (just over) 10 years. So .. back then ... WDI were on track with keeping Tomorrowland up to date.
But what would happen would put Tomorrowland on hold ... basically ......... way up to even today!
TL:1984 ....... axed!
TL:2055 ....... axed!
TL:1998 ....... a joke!
This gives Tomorrowland precedent over Frontierland!
While Frontierland has been waiting 25 years ..... Tomorrowland ... has been waiting for a proper renovation for 30 years.
Plus, the land's very nature becomes dated with the passage of time............ Frontierland does not have that worry of becoming "dated".
So ..... with all that in mind .. what's your vote? And why?