View Poll Results: What project should be next?

Voters
216. You may not vote on this poll
  • A New Tomorrowland Overhaul

154 71.30%
  • An Expanded Frontierland

62 28.70%
Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

• Artistic integrity

Micechatters vote! Expanded Frontierland or New Tomorrowland

As DustySage seems to hint ... factions in WDI will "go to war".

Or maybe another term would be "tug of war" for an internal "vote" of sorts for either an Expanded Frontierland, or Newly Renovated Tomorrowland.

What do you all think is more important?

My thoughts? Frontierland can wait!
    Unlike the situation in Tomorrowland ... Frontierland does not look like it has these "gaping holes" that are a sad sight. Like Tomorrowland. We can take the stroll through Big Thunder Trail. We see a full forest ... with the BBQ restaurant in full swing. The ranch area next door with the small petting zoo.. is a decent "filler". At Halloween and Christmas times .. the area is decorated .. and there's always something cute to enjoy in there.

Even though the area has had two concepts spread out over a period of 3 decades, fall on their behind, .... The land seems to "look" alright for the time-being.

THEN THERE'S TOMORROWLAND. With glaring "pot holes" that need addressing .. like now!

It's a known fact TL98 was a disaster on so many levels. They took the basic "1967" infrastructure .. and just did few "blings" and paint .. ON TOP of it.

It's like taking an aging face with wrinkles, and put a layer of make-up over it. But it's not hard to see the "lines" underneath that makeup.

* Tomorrowland's "face" ... all those "1967 Building Facades" need to come down .. and build new buildings .. or address the facade walls .. by rebuilding them.

* How long are they going to keep Innoventions going?

* Do they really think they can keep the 3D House (Captain EO) .. when I took a look at my local Multi-Plex (Narnia in 3D, Tron in 3D, Yogi Bear in 3D, Mega Mind in 3D, and other releases coming soon .. "In 3D" .. "In 3D" .. "In 3D" ... "In 3D" .... It's time to put 3D films in the theme parks .. to a permanent rest!

* We've been talking about the Astro Oribitor. For many reasons ... it needs to come out. As the theme of TL:98 is dead. The last remants of it need to go .. If not for aesthetic reasons .. but for practical reasons such as traffic flow near the hub!

* The Peoplemover track. The most glaring "Pot Hole" of them all! It's been A FULL DECADE this track has been closed. I know they got ideas up their sleeves.

So ... as we put Frontierland and Tomorrowland head to head ... both have had ideas/plans constantly put on the back burner.

When Nature's Wonderland Mine Trains were cleared in Jan 1977 ... that's when Discovery Bay was born on the artist's table. Models up for display in Main Street by the early 80s. An opening was not clear. Perhaps around 1985? Then in 1996 something nice did come along. The 2 year run of Hunchback of Notre Dame's "Festival of Fools" Stage Show. In 2002, Geyser Mountain came close to realization. Basically, the same format to Disney/MGM Studios' ToT. But ToT was raced on the drawing board, for an ailing DCA, instead, for 2004! And a redundant ride system in DL has rendered such an idea for Frontierland, obsolete.

So .. Frontierland has been waiting for an expansion essentially since Discovery Bay's proposed opening - 1985. 25 years.

Now Tomorrowland ..........

Once the American Bicentennial was over in 1977 (Space Mountain in construction) ... WDI started hinting at a return of CoP to return to the carousel theater. But not into a theater basically "as it was". This is when concepts for a new Tomorrowland began to take shape in the halls of WDI.

Just 10 years after "World on the move" debuted. Just as the '67 Tomorrowland had replaced it's earlier Tomorrowland by (just over) 10 years. So .. back then ... WDI were on track with keeping Tomorrowland up to date.

But what would happen would put Tomorrowland on hold ... basically ......... way up to even today!

TL:1984 ....... axed!
    TL:2055 ....... axed!
    TL:1998 ....... a joke!

This gives Tomorrowland precedent over Frontierland!

While Frontierland has been waiting 25 years ..... Tomorrowland ... has been waiting for a proper renovation for 30 years.

Plus, the land's very nature becomes dated with the passage of time............ Frontierland does not have that worry of becoming "dated".

So ..... with all that in mind .. what's your vote? And why?
    Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 12-20-2010 at 04:20 PM.

Re: Micechatters vote! Expanded Frontierland or New Tomorrowland

I vote for TL
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

• Future theatre actress <3

Where the crypt doors creak and the tombstones quake

The only thing on my mind is tomorrowland. The people mover, sky way, and original subs need to be brought back. Right now the only highlight of tomorrowland is Space Mountain. Tomorrowland in general just needs to look more futuristic.

Fronteirland I really don't see any major problems with, the only thing I would really like to see is pirates lair changed back to Tom Sawyers island, then again I don't really know of that would be counted as fronteirland or NOS. Another thing that could be fixed is the drops on btmrr, less disapointing and more exciting.
    So after 2 full days in a row of walking around disneyland and a four hour practice, I finally understand why my doctor told me to take it easy on my knee I still cant wait to do it again

AEROSMITH FTWW!

• LOL!!!!!!! (MC teen joke)

As much as I would love both. Tomorrowland DEFINITELY needs it more. So yeah. lol
    The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

• Artistic integrity

If anyone is going to vote Frontierland ...
    It would be nice to hear a reason why.

• Everything's satisfactual

TOMORROWLAND! Not a question, in my opinion. So much needs to be done there. The rides are fine, but thematically the place is a mess. They are stuck between the return of 1967 Tomorrowland and the carry-overs from 1998 Tomorrowland. Also, Astro Orbiter needs a new perch and should be rebuilt as the WDW version if it's too heavy. Innoventions could use some work. Though Frontierland also deserves some love as basically all it has is BTMRR and the Golden Horseshoe which is underused. End of rant.
    Walt Disney World May 1998
    Walt Disney World May 2002
    Walt Disney World March 2003
    Walt Disney World March 2004
    Walt Disney World September 2005
    Walt Disney World March 2007
    Disneyland August 2010

Check out my YouTube channel with Disney theme park music!
    Music of the Mastro Master

Visit my Disney entertainment blog!
    Disney Entertainment History

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by mastromjm View Post
    The rides are fine,
    That is mostly true.

It's apparent what would stay:

* Buzz
    * Subs with Nemo
    * Monorail
    *Space Mountain
    *Star Tours (as they are working on a new version)

But obviously ....
    *Innoventions
    *The Kodak "Magic Eye" theater
    *Empty PM track
    *Astro Orbitor (as is)
    *Autopia (as is)
    *Starcade

... all need addressing!

Like everyone else, Tomorrowland. I wouldn't mind if Buzz left for a dark ride that fits the land better, WALL-E.

• Future Disney Imagineer

It doesnt matter, as both will eventually get an expansion. However, Tomorrowland needs to be worked on first. Than when that's done, they can build that E-ticket (a rumored water ride) in Frontierland, replacing the petting zoo and Big Thunder BBQ area.

• Artistic integrity

I wonder about that Wall-E idea they have been working on.

I think it was a 3D idea for the "Magic Eye" Theater.

But since that went into pre-production ...... 3D movies have become common place. Literally, overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by SidVicious View Post
    Like everyone else, Tomorrowland. I wouldn't mind if Buzz left for a dark ride that fits the land better, WALL-E.
    How about a lazer tag ride that was originally concepted for Tomorrowland 2055? It's pretty much the same as Buzz, except it would be Man vs Aliens, instead of Toy vs Toy.

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by Incrediboy View Post
    It doesnt matter, as both will eventually get an expansion. However, Tomorrowland needs to be worked on first. Than when that's done, they can build that E-ticket (a rumored water ride) in Frontierland, replacing the petting zoo and Big Thunder BBQ area.
    Well .. when it comes time for Frontierland ... I"m hoping it's more than just ONE new ride. There's more room for more than just 1 or even 2 ideas. Discovery Bay fit 5 ideas/attractions into a space of more than 7-8 acres!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    Well .. when it comes time for Frontierland ... I"m hoping it's more than just ONE new ride. There's more room for more than just 1 or even 2 ideas. Discovery Bay fit 5 ideas/attractions into a space of more than 7-8 acres!
    What other concepted plans are there for Frontierland besides the E-ticket ride?

Quote Originally Posted by Incrediboy View Post
    How about a lazer tag ride that was originally concepted for Tomorrowland 2055? It's pretty much the same as Buzz, except it would be Man vs Aliens, instead of Toy vs Toy.
    That sounds better, they can remove the FP machines while they're at it.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Tomorrowland needs it most, but it may get the back burner treatment due to scale and cost. The Frontierland expansion would be much cheaper, quicker, and logistically easier to implement. They may be further along on a plan for Frontierland as well.

I'm also a bit afraid that if they rush the Tomorrowland redo, they'll push too much tron on us. Take a look at elecTRONica and ask yourself if you want Tomorrowland to be the dark and sinister land of tomorrow or the more bright and hopeful one that Walt Disney always wanted.

-Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast