Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123451227 ... LastLast

Re: When Will it Be Busy at Disneyland - 2011 Edition

I googled the school year calendars for LA County, Orange County, and any others that happened to pop up.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DannyLand View Post
    I don't know just ask any student online? I know lausd has the same schedule for all their schools. as for right now, 3 weeks of winter vacation.
    I know none, nor how the California school year is laid out, so thats hard. I'm not gonna stalk kids online to find out when their out of school either. I guess knowing some school names in the LA area would help but also I know none of them.

Also, just a note, the last day of February has the wrong opening times on it. It should be 10AM to 8PM for both parks.
    Last edited by Trevor; 01-03-2011 at 05:01 PM.

You might want to make a notice for Memorial Day weekend, when it's believed not one, but several offerings including Star Tours II, Ariel's Undersea Adventure, Goofy's Sky School, the new Paradise Pier stretch and new turnstiles are to "officially" open their doors. That, for sure, will be clogged.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Absolutely. Come May 30th, it will be on the Calender along with all of the long weekends.

• Disneyland fan since 1967

Trevor -
    Thank you for all your work on this. Will there be Expected Levels entered for any more dates soon? I could only see that New Year's was a 10, but I don't see any other expected levels on there. And what does MDMW??? stand for?
    Now don't close your eyes, and don't try to hide...

Next trip to Disneyland: December 3-6, 2011. I can't wait!!!

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Its a work in progress. Many of the 1-10 rankings will need to come from discussion here because I do not have the ability to guess accurately for every day. I've flooded Sir Clinksalot with updates and tweaks so I'm trying to really get it finalized before giving him something else to upload. By March, it will be much more complete.

MDMW is the abbreviation for a conference. The number to its right is the expected attendance for that conference in thousands.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    DL open until midnight. That tells me that TDA thinks it will be busy. Maybe they will be wrong.
    Just for future reference, today was fantastic. Limited crowds, all the holiday fixings. I'm sure the morning rain scared some away.

How busy does anyone think January 21-23 will be? I know there is a convention in town, but is there any particular reason why it should be extremely busy during these times? I'm hoping it won't be too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by l0nepinemall View Post
    How busy does anyone think January 21-23 will be? I know there is a convention in town, but is there any particular reason why it should be extremely busy during these times? I'm hoping it won't be too bad.
    I'm planning a Jan 9-12 trip so have been following this topic and the 2010 thread obsessively (Trevor, thanks for the calendar!). NAMM will be over by then, but the discount tickets they're selling on the NAMM website are good from the 13th to the 25th, so that might be a factor. It should be less crowded than the preceding MLK holiday weekend at least.

• Disneyland fan since 1967

New question: I've seen mentioned on other sites that Super Bowl Sunday is a day to avoid DLR. But given the low season (post New Year's, pre-Presidents Day), and that this year the weekend of February 5 and 6 there does not appear to be a convention in town, is Super Bowl Sunday a decent Sunday to go? I don't mind an average low-season weekend crowd, but want to be on alert if it looks like we're in for an unpleasant surprise...
    Now don't close your eyes, and don't try to hide...

Next trip to Disneyland: December 3-6, 2011. I can't wait!!!

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SillySpook View Post
    New question: I've seen mentioned on other sites that Super Bowl Sunday is a day to avoid DLR. But given the low season (post New Year's, pre-Presidents Day), and that this year the weekend of February 5 and 6 there does not appear to be a convention in town, is Super Bowl Sunday a decent Sunday to go? I don't mind an average low-season weekend crowd, but want to be on alert if it looks like we're in for an unpleasant surprise...
    It can go either way. Used to be a completely empty day; then word got out (damned internet!) that it was empty and people started showing up. Now, it's busy, so....?
    Hope for rain. That will give people an excuse to watch the game.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Any guess on how busy April 3rd to April 7th will be.
    "A pirates life for me"

Next trip to Disneyland April 3 to April 7 2011 For our second honneymoon and with out the kids.

• Circle of Ancients

^ April 3rd to 7th is the start of the Spring Break time-frame ... won't be as busy as the few weeks after though, so you should probably be ok.

September 6-11th versus the week that HMH opens? (The next week?)

Trevor- the local school systems are Los Angeles Unified and Orange Unified School District- you can view the calenders on their websites. There are other smaller districts, but these are two of the big ones.

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123451227 ... LastLast