Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 23456781530 ... LastLast

• Greetings, Program!

Re: When Will it Be Busy at Disneyland - 2011 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by FreakyPeke View Post
    I want to go to the Anaheim Park either Tomorrow or Sunday. I heard a convention is going to be there. It's also a 3-day weekend with MLK day. Which day would be better? I have a weird feeling the park wouldnt be at capacity. How crowded could it be?
    The parks may or not not be at capacity, but getting in or out on any of the surface streets should prove a nightmare for the weekend due to the crowd that usually shows for the invite-only NAMM Show at the ACC. It's the largest music products convention anywhere, bringing in music execs, merchants and rock stars from around the globe. The surrounding streets at the DLR are usually packed with people trying to crash it as it's not open to the public. God help you if you need a room this weekend as well.

I make it a point to stay clear of the city of Anaheim during this weekend.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Banned User

Ignore
    Last edited by Ice101; 01-15-2011 at 04:02 PM.

Was the park crowded today? I am going tomorrow and nervous. A convention is leaving and I'm guessing it will be lighter. Anyone go today?

It was very pleasant today. Until around 6:00, lines for Haunted Mansion and Pirates were five minutes, and most other major attractions were 20-30 minutes.

Thank you sounds great. I really just want to watch the color water show and fantastmic. It's been a while now and I've never seen the world of color before.

• Goofy

are the parks busy today?

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

I'm curious as to how busy the park gets on the Friday before Presidents Day. People wouldn't have it off work per say, and it would probably turn into a travel evening. Is it as busy as the following three days?

I will be there Friday - Sunday of this weekend. Hoping it won't be too busy. I see there is a convention in town, but any prediction of how heavy this weekend might be? I guess maybe I don't understand the calendars in the first post - I don't see a number ranking that predicts how busy it might be on those particular days. Any help would be appreciated!

• DisneyFreak100

^ It shouldnt be too busy. Even with any convention in town it is technically offseason and crowds are light starting this week until about march. I have gone numerous times in the offseason and the lines are only caused because Disneyland doesnt schedule many employees to run things, they take cars off tracks, many ride start going down for refurbishment. For example after next weekend, splash is down for about a month I believe and Grizzly is already starting refurbishment. You should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfreak101 View Post
    ^ It shouldnt be too busy. Even with any convention in town it is technically offseason and crowds are light starting this week until about march. I have gone numerous times in the offseason and the lines are only caused because Disneyland doesnt schedule many employees to run things, they take cars off tracks, many ride start going down for refurbishment. For example after next weekend, splash is down for about a month I believe and Grizzly is already starting refurbishment. You should be fine.
    Great, thanks so much for the help! I really appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I'm curious as to how busy the park gets on the Friday before Presidents Day. People wouldn't have it off work per say, and it would probably turn into a travel evening. Is it as busy as the following three days?
    Me too. I went ahead and booked a room, and we will be in the parks Thursday and Friday, the 17th and 18th. Here in northern California, most kids are in school those days, and are only off the following Monday.

Me too! I've already booked a trip for me and my mom during these days as well as Saturday and Sunday. I know what to expect Saturday & Sunday, but I was really hoping Thursday and Friday would be slower so she can really enjoy being at the park... she hasn't been in 14 years!

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    I guess I could be proactive and post a 1-10 estimate of crowdiness for every single day. And, after it's posted, people can provide info that I did not account for, and I'll adjust it.

(Downside is that if enough people look at that post and plan accordingly, its existence skews the actual outcome. Heisenberg comes to mind.)
    Any guesses for the Friday of President's day weekend?

• Disneyland fan since 1967

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Any guesses for the Friday of President's day weekend?
    I would say a 6. Lighter in the morning, crowded in the evening, moderate overall. The touring plans site has each of the parks at a 5.3, but I think that understates the afternoon and evening crowd and folks arriving for the holiday weekend, and Friday PM is almost always quite busy.
    Now don't close your eyes, and don't try to hide...

Next trip to Disneyland: December 3-6, 2011. I can't wait!!!

Touring Plans has February 25th, 26th, 27th as 10s (the busiest the parks can be)! I know this is the weekend AFTER President's Day. Why so busy? Am I missing something obvious?

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 23456781530 ... LastLast