View Poll Results: How much influence does MICECHAT have on DLR?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • A lot

0 0%
  • Some

16 18.82%
  • Very litte

32 37.65%
  • None

37 43.53%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Mischievous Mouse

How much influence does MICECHAT have on the operations/policies of DLR?

In your opinion, or if you have any evidence even to support your opinion, vague or not.

Please share your thoughts and vote!

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• Nutty about Disney parks

Re: How much influence does MICECHAT have on the operations/policies of DLR?

None is my guess. Unless we're all spending money in the parks instead of sitting here and just talking about them.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I would say a little. For example I posted something a while back about a painting in the Disney Gallery on Main Street that should be switched with a different painting and sure enough, barely a couple weeks later the change was made and to the specific painting I had mentioned.

And I also suggested they add Zero to the Hallowween Screams fireworks prior to the details being announced. Ok so maybe I'm getting a little over my head there... Lol

• Rock Star Minion

Depends on the costs and revenues. A lot of the revenue half of that is people deciding not to show up. Major problem with that is over 50% of admissions were prepaid. Lots of problems would be solved, and quickly, if those problems left unsolved led to fewer people showing up. One change is all it would take.

One potential problem is someone coming up with a great idea here, Disney implementing it, and then the ideator suing the company for using his/her idea.

I'm not referring to "Clean up the Pig Sty known as 'Sticky and Friends parking structure'" threads.

More about armchair imagineering. Post it here, and it's guaranteed not to be implemented. MiceChat needs to add a disclaimer to its Use statement: "Any idea you write here is instantly public knowledge and is no longer your property. So, it's best to keep that stuff to yourself if you want it ever implemented.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Done with MC.

It may have been a coincidence but shortly after a few posts about how bad the roof of Space looked, it was cleaned. Then, after posts about how bad the new ROA shoreline looked it was completely redone again.
    Coincidence? Maaayybe..

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

I have heard that it is known that Disney management at least monitors Micechat and similar sites. I'm sure they use the perception of the fans on these types of sites to get a feel for the heartbeat of the company and what (at least a certain base of people) are thinking about when it comes to the operations of the park. Mentions of certain items that need attention might get management to get someone to see if the remarks are real and do need attention, but as sediment said, they aren't going to take your idea for a new ride and implement it based on your description.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Depends on the costs and revenues. A lot of the revenue half of that is people deciding not to show up. Major problem with that is over 50% of admissions were prepaid. Lots of problems would be solved, and quickly, if those problems left unsolved led to fewer people showing up. One change is all it would take.

What????

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

I would say very little. The big people at Disney (Iger, Kalogridis, Emmer, etc.) probably don't know a thing about Micechat, but Cast Members may come to here and maybe change the way they do things while still following the rules to make the Disney experience better. Who knows? There could still be a small chance Iger and all the others know about us and come to here to see what we're talking about. But now it's just a big mystery and all we can make are guesses.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    What????
    Eliminate prepaid admission program.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEO,ATIS View Post
    The big people at Disney (Iger, Kalogridis, Emmer, etc.) probably don't know a thing about Micechat,
    I bet you'd be surprised at who knows about us...
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Rock Star Minion

I would say very little. The big people at Disney (Iger, Kalogridis, Emmer, etc.) probably don't know a thing about Micechat, but Cast Members may come to here and maybe change the way they do things while still following the rules to make the Disney experience better. Who knows? There could still be a small chance Iger and all the others know about us and come to here to see what we're talking about. But now it's just a big mystery and all we can make are guesses.
    At the most, they might have "people" do this work for them, summarize anything important, which is, for the most part, hardly anything.
    A more sinister mind would think these "people" are actively soliciting responses or defending The Company from slights. Meh.

• Blew By You

Maybe once in a very occasional while does a Chatter or a collective of Chatters make a difference. As an annual passholder, we make a slight more difference in our collective patterns which must somehow be electronically collected with every swipe of our cards. I'm that guy who comes to Disneyland, plays, spends money very selectively, mainly on food and rarely on souvinirs. So by that action, I'm making Disney execs make some decisions as to how I can be parted with my money.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    A more sinister mind would think these "people" are actively soliciting responses or defending The Company from slights.
    Whuuuuut, Disney deliberately send shills to skew the social media? The heirs to Uncle Walt's Magic playing mind games with their own fans and loyal customers?

...Nahhhh.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
    I have heard that it is known that Disney management at least monitors Micechat and similar sites. I'm sure they use the perception of the fans on these types of sites to get a feel for the heartbeat of the company and what (at least a certain base of people) are thinking about when it comes to the operations of the park. Mentions of certain items that need attention might get management to get someone to see if the remarks are real and do need attention, but as sediment said, they aren't going to take your idea for a new ride and implement it based on your description.
    They have people on the payrolls that keep an eye on ALL Disney fan sites, not just MiceChat. I've seen the job description posted online some years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    I bet you'd be surprised at who knows about us...
    Or who are members..... :

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Whuuuuut, Disney deliberately send shills to skew the social media? The heirs to Uncle Walt's Magic playing mind games with their own fans and loyal customers?

...Nahhhh.
    Just the kind of thing a shill might post. Hmmm......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast