Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Power Outage

• Disney Fan & Musician

Power Outage

Not sure if this has been posted, but power's been out in NOS since 8pm last night. This includes Haunted Mansion and Pirates.
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

• Closed Account

Re: Power Outage

Quote Originally Posted by MatterhornJ View Post
    Not sure if this has been posted, but power's been out in NOS since 8pm last night. This includes Haunted Mansion and Pirates.
    Power was actually back on this morning, but went down again at approximately 12:20 requiring another evacuation of Pirates and Mansion.

The sewage throughout NOS is backed-up and clogged as well.

•   
    • Minion

Wow that's a lot of S*** to clean up hopefully they get everything in order soon.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

DaAlCh - are you talking sanitary sewer sewage, or just the storm drains and rain runoff? There's a huge difference...

This would be more of a problem Backstage in the NOS basements with the kitchens and Cast areas. They probably have to pump it all upstairs (sink grey water and sewage and floor-drain mop water) to get into the sewers, and a power failure is an instant problem for that.

The stuff At Grade including the Guest bathrooms, and the Second Floor stuff like Club 33 should all be gravity feed into the sanitary sewers and the storm drains...

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by Ummmmm, No View Post
    Power was actually back on this morning, but went down again at approximately 12:20 requiring another evacuation of Pirates and Mansion.
    Dumb question, and maybe in the wrong place... but when the power goes out at mansion, what happens if the stretching room is half way between floors? Is there backup power for it to complete its transition?

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by briansp View Post
    Dumb question, and maybe in the wrong place... but when the power goes out at mansion, what happens if the stretching room is half way between floors? Is there backup power for it to complete its transition?
    Yes - the backup completes the transition (or should).

But the attraction is immediately evacuated (obviously).

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
    DaAlCh - are you talking sanitary sewer sewage, or just the storm drains and rain runoff? There's a huge difference...

This would be more of a problem Backstage in the NOS basements with the kitchens and Cast areas. They probably have to pump it all upstairs (sink grey water and sewage and floor-drain mop water) to get into the sewers, and a power failure is an instant problem for that.

The stuff At Grade including the Guest bathrooms, and the Second Floor stuff like Club 33 should all be gravity feed into the sanitary sewers and the storm drains...

--<< Bruce >>--
    Sorry, sanitary sewage. I believe it was more of a problem backstage than onstage, although the NOS bathrooms were closed throughout the day I believe.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by Ummmmm, No View Post
    Yes - the backup completes the transition (or should).

But the attraction is immediately evacuated (obviously).
    If they have the Stretching Rooms upgraded to the latest elevator safety rules (California Code of Regulations, Title 8) there's a battery backup UPS on each Stretching Room controller.

"Down" is gravity powered and only takes a few watts of power to run the controls and open the Down Slow valve, and a bit more to run the door operator motor.

("Up" is where it takes a 10-HP to 25-HP electric motor to make it happen.)

There should be an emergency light that comes on, and the Stretching Room lowers to the ground floor and stops. The doors open to let everyone out into the Portrait Gallery, then the controls shut down until the power is restored. You'll have to take the stairs up and out.

I read through the code quickly a while back looking for something else. ( Yes, I have No Life, we've already established this...) And since my Day Job is an Electrician, I've seen the retrofit UPS kits installed in various machine rooms.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Banned User

This is just horrid! Electric motors; electric back up, this is the "haunted" mansion, correct? It is all a natural part of the haunting and has nothing to do with electricity or such. Why would you people be talking this way??

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Quote Originally Posted by UFO View Post
    This is just horrid! Electric motors; electric back up, this is the "haunted" mansion, correct? It is all a natural part of the haunting and has nothing to do with electricity or such. Why would you people be talking this way??
    Here on MiceChat we will give away the secrets of the rides. Most of the ghosts are an effect called Pepper's Ghosts. The bride is a figure with a projected face. Leota is the same. Scrim is used at the top of the Stretching Room which is really just an elevator. When ever they shine light on the scrim you see the master who has hung himself. The hitch hiking ghosts are just in another room. The mirror is actually a 2 way mirror so when light is shined on it they appear to be in your DoomBuggie. The moving busts aren't bust at all. It's like they took a real bust, cut it in half, and flipped the inside part facing you. It plays a trick with your mind so it looks like a real bust and when you move it continues to mess with your brain making it look like it follows you.

Back on topic - Well that sucks. I bet NOS smells horrible now that sewage has filled it.
    Last edited by CaptainEO,ATIS; 12-27-2010 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• keh!

i would like to thank saturday night's power outage for the free meal at Blue Bayou. it was awesome.

• Banned User

AhhhhhhhhhhAhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I can't HEAR you!!!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flickering Bulb View Post
    i would like to thank saturday night's power outage for the free meal at Blue Bayou. it was awesome.
    LUCKY!!! Man talk about being at the right place at the right time. Congrats to you

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Quote Originally Posted by Flickering Bulb View Post
    That's one good thing that came from it.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast